Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Cup Update Thread

Old
07-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Bri

vCash: 500
I had the great fortune of being a guest of my bro-in-law who was invited to a viewing after the public event. I couldn't help myself.............. I picked it up and raised it over my head!!!

This lady comes over and says, "Sir, you can't do that." I had already put it down so I just apologized.
But hey, there were no signs saying you couldn't pick it up.

What a rush...

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 06:27 PM
BostonJohn88

Last edited by BostonJohn88: 07-09-2011 at 06:49 PM.
BostonJohn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:47 AM
cleanwaterftw

The cup will be with Chara today (sunday) at Faneuil Hall! Unfortunately, the store organizing it is charging a ridic fee ($70~) to get an auto and photo...but I thought I would let everyone know.

Eastern side of the marketplace, either at Roster's or the outside marketplace where the cart vendors are set up! 9am-12.

cleanwaterftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:44 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSal View Post
Cup in Rochester, NH!

Not sure if this has already been posted, the cup will be in Rochester NH from 11:00am to 12:30pm
I live in Rochester!!!!

I'm so happy, my house is within a mile of the rink where its going to be. Gonna be up early to try to get my pic taken.

Ill post it if I make the cut

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 08:03 AM
MSal

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 View Post
Who's going to this? I need to participate in some Cup-ular activity to really say I was there
Yarg, I don't think I can make it. Have plans to go hiking with niece & nephew. The almost wife isn't too excited about waiting in line half the day to see the cup with the kids

p.s. Pretty sure it's $5 admission, in case your going. May want to bring cash

MSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

The friggin Cup was in Newburyport last night. I get this text just now from my mom....HAHA. cool! Look what I saw! and a picture of someone hugging the cup.

thanks for calling me ma. wtf?

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:18 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

I just kissed the Stanley Cup and got my picture taken with it!

I posted a few pics of just the Cup and the crowd via Twitter so if you wanna see those just go to my twitter @wketch22

Here is a picture of my brother (left) dad (center) and me (right) with the Cup in Rochester

Last edited by wKetch22: 07-10-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added picture
Old
07-10-2011, 01:26 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

I play roller hockey at RIA on Tuesday nights, nice place.

It's a shame, a couple kids passed out in the sun.

Anyways, OMGZ I GOT TO TOUCH THE CUP!!!!: hyper:

Last edited by murphdasmurf2: 07-10-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: And this face in the top left is GOLD for photoshops
murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
The friggin Cup was in Newburyport last night. I get this text just now from my mom....HAHA. cool! Look what I saw! and a picture of someone hugging the cup.

thanks for calling me ma. wtf?
Seriously...that ain't right!

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:37 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
I play roller hockey at RIA on Tuesday nights, nice place.

It's a shame, a couple kids passed out in the sun.

Anyways, OMGZ I GOT TO TOUCH THE CUP!!!!: hyper:
Nice dude. I played youth hockey there for awhile, then got too old/busy

Did you go to see the cup in Rochester today? What time did you get there today? I was 8th in line until people cut haha. I got there at 6:30

And I didn't here about kids passing out, that sucks.

Old
07-10-2011, 01:40 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Nice dude. I played youth hockey there for awhile, then got too old/busy

Did you go to see the cup in Rochester today? What time did you get there today? I was 8th in line until people cut haha. I got there at 6:30

And I didn't here about kids passing out, that sucks.
Yeah I was there, I was a LOT later in the crowd, like I got there at 1115 There was one kid in my line who collapsed like 8 people in front of me, then someone else did way behind us. We were pretty far back since we got there late.

Old
07-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

The cup was in town up the street at the fire station the other day. Too bad they didn't tell anyone it was going to be there.

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:43 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Yeah I was there, I was a LOT later in the crowd, like I got there at 1115 There was one kid in my line who collapsed like 8 people in front of me, then someone else did way behind us. We were pretty far back since we got there late.
Wow... I was one of the first to get my picture taken but I still wasn't out until like 11:30. I didn't think the people that showed up that late would even have been able to make it in in time since it was going REALLY slow

Old
07-10-2011, 01:49 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Wow... I was one of the first to get my picture taken but I still wasn't out until like 11:30. I didn't think the people that showed up that late would even have been able to make it in in time since it was going REALLY slow
Unfortunately we didn't get in, but they made their way around the parking lot afterwards

Last edited by murphdasmurf2: 07-10-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Just finished uploading
Old
07-10-2011, 01:51 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Unfortunately we didn't get in, but they made their way around the parking lot afterwards
Oh, well its good that they at least did that for everyone

Old
07-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Mpata

Hi guys, I was having this argument with a buddy of mine. Is the cup just a replica? If so, why do people care so much to see it?

Mpata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 02:17 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
Hi guys, I was having this argument with a buddy of mine. Is the cup just a replica? If so, why do people care so much to see it?
It is not.

The original bowl at the top was replaced in 1963, (the original is in the HoF), the rest of it is exactly the same....

The one making the rounds in New England is the same one Beliveau and Orr and Dryden and Gretzky etc. etc. etc. all hoisted.

The replica is the one they put on display at the HoF while the real one is doing stuff like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley...plica_versions

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Mpata

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextune View Post
It is not.

The original bowl at the top was replaced in 1963, (the original is in the HoF), the rest of it is exactly the same....

The one making the rounds in New England is the same one Beliveau and Orr and Dryden and Gretzky etc. etc. etc. all hoisted.

The replica is the one they put on display at the HoF while the real one is doing stuff like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley...plica_versions
That makes more sense. Felger (I think) was saying after Lemieux had a party at his house with the cup and somebody broke the bowl off the top that they made a replica for the players to carry around. I knew not to trust him though.

Mpata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:17 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
That makes more sense. Felger (I think) was saying after Lemieux had a party at his house with the cup and somebody broke the bowl off the top that they made a replica for the players to carry around. I knew not to trust him though.
I actually heard Felger ask the Cup guy if the Cup was a replica when they had him on. I was wondering where he got that idea.

The guy explained to him that only the Cup at the top is not original, so he shouldn't make the mistake again....but then again it is Felger we're talking about.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:54 PM
BostonJohn88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextune View Post
I actually heard Felger ask the Cup guy if the Cup was a replica when they had him on. I was wondering where he got that idea.

The guy explained to him that only the Cup at the top is not original, so he shouldn't make the mistake again....but then again it is Felger we're talking about.
Well the bands get replaced every x number of years dont they? I saw something about the next band being retired in 2016ish. So even though the bowl at the top isn't the original, it, along with the smaller bands at the top are the only permanent parts. So eventually each band currently on the cup will be retired. This is so the Cup doesn't become so big it can't be handled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it. This might just be completely nitpicking about the definition of "original", but I wanted to ask anyway.

Old
07-11-2011, 08:15 AM
progoaliemask

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post
I cried. Just kissed the cup. Ill post a pic later
Congrats on getting in and kissing the cup. Also to anyone else. I could not believe the line there. It was amazing to see all the fans. Plus it was for a great cause. This was my third time getting to see the cup but this was the best. It's the Bruin cup!!

progoaliemask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJohn88 View Post
Well the bands get replaced every x number of years dont they? I saw something about the next band being retired in 2016ish. So even though the bowl at the top isn't the original, it, along with the smaller bands at the top are the only permanent parts. So eventually each band currently on the cup will be retired. This is so the Cup doesn't become so big it can't be handled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it. This might just be completely nitpicking about the definition of "original", but I wanted to ask anyway.
The way I understand it, when the bottom band gets full of names, the top band is removed, flattened, and put on display at the HHOF. By then, hopefully, all the players with their names on the band being removed have all passed on to that great rink in the sky.

Anybody else gonna be in Lake Placid tomorrow?

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
The way I understand it, when the bottom band gets full of names, the top band is removed, flattened, and put on display at the HHOF. By then, hopefully, all the players with their names on the band being removed have all passed on to that great rink in the sky.
Yes, that's correct. I read somewhere that the band with the Bruins' names on it will be on the trophy for the next 64 years.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:13 AM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Can't find the Stanley Cup trip thread, but I was just forwarded this email. Too late for me to scramble over there, but anyone that's closer has 30 minutes to get over there:

Quote:
Due to late arrival of the Stanley Cup at MGH today, the Cup's arrival at the Bulfinch Tent is expected to be around 11:45 am.

We apologize for any inconvenience this will cause.

Jeff Davis
Senior Vice President, Human Resources

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
BostonJohn88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post

Anybody else gonna be in Lake Placid tomorrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Yes, that's correct. I read somewhere that the band with the Bruins' names on it will be on the trophy for the next 64 years.
Thanks for clarifying. The 64 years sounds about right to me.

A little OT, but does anyone know when they do the engraving?