HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Plays Left Wing???

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2011, 11:50 PM
  #476
JT Kreider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
does any of this really matter? Torts is constantly shuffling lines and the minute something goes wrong, everything gets changed.

either way, avery, wolski, and dare I say it... EC will all most likely have chances at playing on the top line beside brich and gabs.

I'd like to think that Torts realizes the bromance b/w cally and dubi and will opt to keep the pack line together to at least start the season.

JT Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:37 AM
  #477
BklyNYR4Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Stepan lining up as a LW, especially on Richard's line....has got to be one of the oddest ideas I've seen here this summer.

Stepan is first-and-foremost a puck distributor. He looks for the pass before his own shot, and most of his goals are results of plays after he's dished the puck off to someone else. Having Stepan on Richard's flank is redundant. Stepan is much more a natural setup man than a scorer, that I can't see why anyone would find it a good idea to put him on Richard's line.

For me... Dubinsky is tailor made for that line. He's always aggressive, and is showing more of a willingness to get into the dirty areas of the ice and get close to the net for pucks, rebounds, and goals. Talented, no question. But he could be the perfect "muck" guy for that line.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:24 PM
  #478
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
If we could land a guy like Booth for the top six, that would be great.

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Booth - Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Zuccarello
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Rupp, Avery

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Erixon - x

Eminger

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:33 PM
  #479
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
LOL SM you have an epic mancrush on David Booth

No worries I have the same mindset about Loui Eriksson and Ryane Clowe haha.

__________________
New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:46 PM
  #480
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
does any of this really matter? Torts is constantly shuffling lines and the minute something goes wrong, everything gets changed.
torts only shuffled the lines that didn't work and didn't make sense...he was quick to change up a line with gaborik and 2 4th liners. but how often did he split up fedotenko-boyle-prust or dubinsky-anisimov-callahan? other then for injuries...

he stayed pretty consistent with the 2 lines that worked...and unless they are a total disaster together he'll keep richards and gaborik together.

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
  #481
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
LOL SM you have an epic mancrush on David Booth

No worries I have the same mindset about Loui Eriksson and Ryane Clowe haha.
I just feel the way he plays would fit here perfectly. He's a driven kind of player and goes hard to the net, has good size, and is very fast.

There's no need for Florida to trade him, though.

Kreider is a similar player so we can afford to wait a year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:19 PM
  #482
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
If we could land a guy like Booth for the top six, that would be great.

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Booth - Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Zuccarello
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Rupp, Avery

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Erixon - x

Eminger

Yeah, I think Booth may be a pipedream. I would LOVE to have him as that other top-6 LWer. I also think Rupp will be an every game player on that 4th line.

Something like:

Booth-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Stepan-________(MZA/Hagelin)
Rupp-Boyle-Prust
Avery, EC

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Valentenko-Erixon
Vet 7th

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:19 PM
  #483
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I just feel the way he plays would fit here perfectly. He's a driven kind of player and goes hard to the net, has good size, and is very fast.

There's no need for Florida to trade him, though.

Kreider is a similar player so we can afford to wait a year.
I also think that Eriksson or Clowe would be an incredible fit on that left side unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
  #484
Miz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Wolski - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Stepan - Gaborik
Fedotenko - Anisimov - Boyle
Avery - Rupp - Prust

Spread out the scoring, i dont believe Richards was brought into the organization just to play with Gabby, although i would LOVE to see if they can get something going together. But something like this might work.

Miz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 02:56 PM
  #485
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,432
vCash: 500
Gabby-Richards-Callahan
Dubi-AA-MZA
Wolski-Step-Fedentenko
Avery-Boyle-Prust
Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
McD-Emminger

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:31 PM
  #486
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Gabby-Richards-Callahan
Dubi-AA-MZA
Wolski-Step-Fedentenko
Avery-Boyle-Prust
Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
McD-Emminger
Except putting Gaborik on the LW defeats the purpose of the whole Richards/Gaborik duo.

Gaborik a left-handed shot plays on the right wing so he can shoot off the pass quickly.

Richards being a left-handed shot so he can make quick forehand passes.

They don't need to move guys around that dramatically. They can just slot one of Dubinsky, Fedotenko, and Wolski on the left wing.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:37 PM
  #487
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,967
vCash: 500
Booth is pretty dad-gum overrated. He's put up Higgins/Ryder esque numbers his career and isn't nearly as tough as those two players.

If I could pry one player away from Florida it would be Weiss, but then we'd be stuck in a situation where we'd have to deal Stepan.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:04 PM
  #488
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Booth is pretty dad-gum overrated. He's put up Higgins/Ryder esque numbers his career and isn't nearly as tough as those two players.

If I could pry one player away from Florida it would be Weiss, but then we'd be stuck in a situation where we'd have to deal Stepan.
Agree completely. He was always a bit overrated, and that was even before M. Richards did a number on him

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:09 PM
  #489
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Agree completely. He was always a bit overrated, and that was even before M. Richards did a number on him
Yea one of the guys I wanted was on the Panthers and now on the Bruins. Nathan Horton would have been a good fit. Weiss is good but would cost alot in a trade. I don't want Booth at all unless its for Christensen

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:24 PM
  #490
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,321
vCash: 500
Pardon me in advance. I'm sure this has been discussed. What are the thoughts on moving Anisimov to LW on a line with Stepan and Cally?

Dubi Richards Gabby

Anisimov Steps Cally

Your best six players are on your top two lines.

Feds Boyle Prust

Avery Rupp ?

Thoughts ??

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:38 PM
  #491
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,967
vCash: 500
Based on his faceoff numbers, it probably 38.5% Stepan who'd be the candidate to move over 43% Anisimov.

But Stepan at LW was ineffective last season, and Anisimov is and always has been a center.

Unless Boyle is moved (Which I am also against) It'll be Richards, Anisimov, Stepan, Boyle down the middle, and likely in that order. Provides excellent depth and injury possibilities.

LW we have Dubinsky, Wolski, Avery, Fedotenko, Rupp to play with, and thats ignoring Hagelin.

RW is the bigger place of need than LW, and we have no real cadidates to switch to that position save Fedotenko. Gaborik, Callahan, Prust are 3 locks, with a spot to be won by either a position changer, rookie, or Zuccarello

So, frankly, if we're going to show concern over this roster it should be who fits that last RW spot, and who is manning our 3rd pair D rather than getting another LWer.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:43 PM
  #492
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Based on his faceoff numbers, it probably 38.5% Stepan who'd be the candidate to move over 43% Anisimov.

But Stepan at LW was ineffective last season, and Anisimov is and always has been a center.

Unless Boyle is moved (Which I am also against) It'll be Richards, Anisimov, Stepan, Boyle down the middle, and likely in that order. Provides excellent depth and injury possibilities.

LW we have Dubinsky, Wolski, Avery, Fedotenko, Rupp to play with, and thats ignoring Hagelin.

RW is the bigger place of need than LW, and we have no real cadidates to switch to that position save Fedotenko. Gaborik, Callahan, Prust are 3 locks, with a spot to be won by either a position changer, rookie, or Zuccarello

So, frankly, if we're going to show concern over this roster it should be who fits that last RW spot, and who is manning our 3rd pair D rather than getting another LWer.
Regarding the wings, I think the problem is more the role of the wing rather than treating all of them at a position as equal.

On the right side we have:

Gaborik - #1 RW
Callahan - #2 RW
Zuccarello - possible #3 RW or AHL bound
Prust - #4 RW

On the left side we have:

Dubinsky - #2 LW
Fedotenko - #3 LW
Wolski - #3 LW/possible #2 LW
Avery - #4 LW/possible #3 LW
Rupp - #4 LW

While there is greater quantity at the left side, there is greater quality on the right side.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:45 PM
  #493
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,967
vCash: 500
Right, but you work with what you have. And right now there is no way of getting a #1 LW without gutting some other position.

Wolski, Dubinsky, Avery, Fedotenko, and Rupp are 5 fine choices at LW. There are plenty of teams that would love to have those guys as options. Having Wolski fill out the Gaborik line isn't the horror movie scenario some seem to think it is.

I really don't like Wolski at all and i'm still fine with it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:49 PM
  #494
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,967
vCash: 500
Oh, and lost in all of this is that Vinny Prospal could be a very viable LW option for this club still, to be signed later in the summer.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:50 PM
  #495
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Regarding the wings, I think the problem is more the role of the wing rather than treating all of them at a position as equal.

On the right side we have:

Gaborik - #1 RW
Callahan - #2 RW
Zuccarello - possible #3 RW or AHL bound
Prust - #4 RW

On the left side we have:

Dubinsky - #2 LW
Fedotenko - #3 LW
Wolski - #3 LW/possible #2 LW
Avery - #4 LW/possible #3 LW
Rupp - #4 LW

While there is greater quantity at the left side, there is greater quality on the right side.
To add to this:

The Rangers organizational depth at wing is still pretty crappy.

LW:
Kreider
Hagelin
Wilson
Bourque
Yogan


RW:
McColgan
Miller (Can be a C)
Thomas
Weise
Fasth
McNaught

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 04:53 PM
  #496
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,967
vCash: 500
Thats a decent set of prospects, from where i'm sitting. Especially with so few holesto fill in this roster.

Kreider and Hagelin both have, in my mind a 50-50 shot at being full time NHLers, and Bourque and Yogan are both respectable projects.

Christian Thomas and Jesper Fasth both have boom potential at RW.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:04 PM
  #497
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Thats a decent set of prospects, from where i'm sitting. Especially with so few holesto fill in this roster.

Kreider and Hagelin both have, in my mind a 50-50 shot at being full time NHLers, and Bourque and Yogan are both respectable projects.

Christian Thomas and Jesper Fasth both have boom potential at RW.
Yeah, I think its alright. The only players I am entirely sold on are:

Kreider
Hagelin
Thomas
Fasth

I do like Yogan quite a bit. Bourque, IMO has no shot. I like McColgan as well.

My judgement on Miller is out for now. Havent seen enough of him to say what he may be in the future but he does have some nice potential.

I guess it depends on what you see as open at the NHL level. The only players I see as solidified are Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan and Prust. All other spots are open in my eyes on the wing.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:07 PM
  #498
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,967
vCash: 500
Well, we have Rupp for 3 years, and I'm certain NYR fans will love him.

I think my point would be that provided we gets the guys locked up that are successful, chances are that enough of our prospects will pan out to fill the remaining holes.

And i'd emphasize that last bit, because I think youth development is going to become more and more important going forward. If the rumors are true (speculation, but still a possibility) that we're looking at higher UFA ages and lower salaries, then teams will have to look almost exclusively to the system to fill out their rosters.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:18 PM
  #499
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well, we have Rupp for 3 years, and I'm certain NYR fans will love him.

I think my point would be that provided we gets the guys locked up that are successful, chances are that enough of our prospects will pan out to fill the remaining holes.

And i'd emphasize that last bit, because I think youth development is going to become more and more important going forward. If the rumors are true (speculation, but still a possibility) that we're looking at higher UFA ages and lower salaries, then teams will have to look almost exclusively to the system to fill out their rosters.
I loved the Rupp signing, don't get me wrong. However, to me he is the type of player who is brought in to hold a spot for a younger player. Even if it is for 3 years.

All that I meant to say was that, to me, there are 4 spots locked up long-term barring any trades. Unlike center, or defense where the majority of the spots are filled for the foreseeable future with the likes of Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Boyle, Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:20 PM
  #500
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Who plays LW!
i just signed..So me!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.