Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Next few years of rebuilding

Old
07-10-2011, 06:16 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

vCash: 500
Next few years of rebuilding

who has the greatest task of rebuilding, Kingston or Barrie colts or is there another team who i havnt mentioned yet

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
who has the greatest task of rebuilding, Kingston or Barrie colts or is there another team who i havnt mentioned yet
I'd say Kingston...they seem to always be in a cloud of dysfunction.

Libbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:40 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I'd say Kingston...they seem to always be in a cloud of dysfunction.
I ment it in a general way i just used those 2 teams as a example because of how players won't play for Kingston and how barrie has been week these past few yrs

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
I ment it in a general way i just used those 2 teams as a example because of how players won't play for Kingston and how barrie has been week these past few yrs
Just last year. It was the first year where the franchise didn't make the playoffs. 2 seasons ago they were top team in the regular season, won the east, then got swept by the Spits in the league finals

You may have just used those two as an example but my opinion still is that Kingston will be in rough this year.

Old
07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Petes1

Right now Guelph isn't looking that promising either.

Cody McNaughton will be their highest scoring returning player and he only had 36 points. Only two of their top 8 scorers are returning, and when you consider they were only good enough for 7th in the West last season, it could be a long season. The 3 teams that finished behind them SSM, Sarnia and London have all greatly improved.

Petes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:02 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post

Cody McNaughton will be their highest scoring returning player and he only had 36 points. Only two of their top 8 scorers are returning, and when you consider they were only good enough for 7th in the West last season, it could be a long season. The 3 teams that finished behind them SSM, Sarnia and London have all greatly improved.
As a Storm fan, I will definitely second this comment. Although I do like this years draft as well as last years, so in a few years it shouldn't be to bad.

For for at least this season, wow

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:06 AM
kenadian

I think Barrie's going to have a few rough years..... since they were basically picked clean by Williamson in his move to Niagara.
They've always been competitive, and players would report, but now they're in a rebuild (their 1st IMO since they came into the league) and we'll see if they know how to do it....
Remember this is unfamiliar territory for the Colts organization to be in

kenadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenadian View Post
I think Barrie's going to have a few rough years..... since they were basically picked clean by Williamson in his move to Niagara.
They've always been competitive, and players would report, but now they're in a rebuild (their 1st IMO since they came into the league) and we'll see if they know how to do it....
Remember this is unfamiliar territory for the Colts organization to be in
I think last year was hard for many Colts fans, but deffinetly needed. They should get a top 6 pick this year (which will be a good one) and then move toward competitiveness the next year.

Kingston will do well with the Domi trade, but they need to fix the scouting and development issues before they can really be relevent, they havent been a real threat in 13 years.

Guelph will be this years Barrie, although im not sure if they have the assets to move to bring in a Schefiele or a high amount of picks.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:26 PM
stormtracker

I have the same low expectations as most other Storm fans but the team does have some legitimate top four defense and Sparks in net to look forward to as positives (depending on whom the overagers are). Offense will be an issue subject to the development of the first and second year players.

I cannot help but think though that teams like Owen Sound, Saginaw, and Erie will also be hurting from graduation so the Storm might have some company from others hit hard by departures to scrap for the last playoff spot. Maybe supporters of those teams might have a better understanding.

stormtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtracker View Post
I have the same low expectations as most other Storm fans but the team does have some legitimate top four defense and Sparks in net to look forward to as positives (depending on whom the overagers are). Offense will be an issue subject to the development of the first and second year players.

I cannot help but think though that teams like Owen Sound, Saginaw, and Erie will also be hurting from graduation so the Storm might have some company from others hit hard by departures to scrap for the last playoff spot. Maybe supporters of those teams might have a better understanding.
I look at Guelph as a team that me be able to be a low tier competitive team (battle for a playoff spot), but what benefit is that? If your going to struggle to compete for the playoffs, then you may as well trade everything and do it right.

I referenced Kingston in my past post, but thats what they have always done wrong (this year included with the trade for Bobkov). Trading picks for filler players so that they could be the last playoff team.

Why push to be the best of the worst? Barrie did it right, they got the best player to build around, and will be better for it.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:45 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post

Highest returning scorer had 36 points and most of the top 10 are gone. Why does this sound so familiar?

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:49 PM
BLBarmada

Who's the early favourite to win it all ?

London ??
Sarnia ???

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
Who's the early favourite to win it all ?

London ??
Sarnia ???
^ I don't think either one of those teams would be considered.
IMHO...At this time I would have to say Ottawa or Niagara.
Of course it usually comes down to you comes back from the NHL.
If Prince/Toffoli and/or Strome/Hamilton sticks in the NHL then take Ottawa and Niagra off my list!

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 08:09 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtracker View Post

Owen Sound is getting hurt with graduations at top positions (4 of Top 6 forwards, top pairing, starting goalie, Andrew Shaw) but other than that have most of the team returning so it's still a pretty deep group, not a typical basement team. It depends on guys like Maidens and Smith in how much they develop (could be huge), but I expect them to be like Plymouth last season and be in the 4-6 playoff spot range, hang in there for most of the season, but not be a top contender.

PensFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Ottomatic

Windsor could be in rough shape - given three straight years of going for it means a bare draft cupboard and the inability to have traded away vets to restock draft picks. High level Americans choosing not to come over either.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2011, 09:51 PM
dogsandwings

Sarnia looks like they have turned things around pretty quick..Saginaw should be good...Our Dogs will be a helluva lot better,,it won't be an easy trip to the Soo for the next couple years...
Junior hockey has it's cycles and i don't believe it is so much great management.. i believe most of the general managers and coachs know their hockey...anyone can win with a stacked team...e.g World Junior coachs..
If we win this year it will be a combo of our previous Gm(Torrie) and our new one Dubas..
I like what has happened in Sarnia ..so Sarnia, Saginaw, Soo...and perhaps Plymouth...the East ????????????????(It's like another league to me)

dogsandwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Windsor could be in rough shape - given three straight years of going for it means a bare draft cupboard and the inability to have traded away vets to restock draft picks. High level Americans choosing not to come over either.
But I feel much less worried now that Boughner is back behind the bench.

Old
08-07-2011, 04:02 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
^ I don't think either one of those teams would be considered.
IMHO...At this time I would have to say Ottawa or Niagara.
Of course it usually comes down to you comes back from the NHL.
If Prince/Toffoli and/or Strome/Hamilton sticks in the NHL then take Ottawa and Niagra off my list!
Strome's leaving would hurt Niagara a hell of a lot more than, say, Dougie Hamilton will. IMO, I would not be surprised to see Ryan get sent back to Niagara-he still has things to learn before he can be an everyday NHLer, his ability to make the YouTubes notwithstanding.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Torts

Mississauga may be in for a shock of a year

yikes

*prays to god no*

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:04 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Mississauga may be in for a shock of a year
I don't think it will be a shock, but I don't think Mississauga will be very good. They have far too many players graduating... If things go badly in terms of players sticking with the AHL or NHL unexpectedly they could be terrible. In a best case scenario they were returning something like 12 players. Flick is gone now...if somehow Smith Pelly and/or Percy (don't laugh, it's the Leafs after all) sticks they'll be cellar dwellers.

Best,
Shawn

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I don't think it will be a shock, but I don't think Mississauga will be very good. They have far too many players graduating... If things go badly in terms of players sticking with the AHL or NHL unexpectedly they could be terrible. In a best case scenario they were returning something like 12 players. Flick is gone now...if somehow Smith Pelly and/or Percy (don't laugh, it's the Leafs after all) sticks they'll be cellar dwellers.

Best,
Shawn
Percy will be sent back, There is no way he'll be put in past the 8 nhl-calibre defence the Leafs already have, and he can't go the AHL, he'll be back with the Majors this year.

Loosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Percy will be sent back, There is no way he'll be put in past the 8 nhl-calibre defence the Leafs already have, and he can't go the AHL, he'll be back with the Majors this year.
Yeah I agree Percy will be sent back. He is a solid defensemen but the Leafs are deep on the back end. Plus Jesse Blacker and Jake Gardiner are more NHL ready IMO. On the other for Devante Smith-Pelly there is a possibly that he could stick with the Ducks. He had a really good showing at Ducks and World Juniors camp. He will need to have another good showing at Ducks main camp and you never know he could be moved up.

For this OHL season I believe the favorites will be the Niagara Ice Dogs. They are very deep right now especially if Dougie Hamilton and Ryan Strome don't make the jump to NHL.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote