HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Enroth Not Interested in Latest Offer

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2011, 02:13 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
800-900k is Market for Enroth.

Considering that a team with cap space to burn could sign him to an offersheet of up to 1.5 million and get him for a 3rd round pick (and even an offersheet up to 1 million and get him for nothing)
No team is going to offer sheet a goalie like Enroth.

The market for a goalie with 15 NHL games on his resume coming off his ELC is not huge.

But, Enroth's agent is likely looking at the deals that Bernier, Neuvirth, and Varlamov got (all other 2006 draft goalies that signed 2nd contracts so far this off season) and he's probably asking for around $1M per for 2 years based on those deals.

Old
07-10-2011, 04:28 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
No team is going to offer sheet a goalie like Enroth.

The market for a goalie with 15 NHL games on his resume coming off his ELC is not huge.
Unless you're the Leafs and you have a guy who play 40 and you've placed your whole season on him. LOL.
This is what I love about my Sabres these days. We've got this low key backup who showed some promise. Who cares if we pay him $650,000 or $950,000. Details. Bottom line, we are not dependent on the kid but he's sitting there as an option if Miller goes down. I like it. How can you not love this type of depth.

Old
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Who cares if we pay him $650,000 or $950,000. Details.
Darcy Regier does, apparently.

And this is obviously more about having cap space then Regier and his bosses being tight fisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Bottom line, we are not dependent on the kid but he's sitting there as an option if Miller goes down. I like it. How can you not love this type of depth.
Who doesn't like the idea of Enroth being the back up this year.

He should be the best back up since Biron left.

Old
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Insomniac99

Quote:

And this is obviously more about having cap space then Regier and his bosses being tight fisted.

Honestly...I think I'd rather Enroth was down in Rochester. I think he's the future goalie of the Sabres, and I'd much rather he was down there playing night in and night out, rather than sitting on the bench for a lot of the season. Unless Ruff really plans on upping the games of the backup, now that we have what seems to be a reliable one, then I see that as the best option.

Old
07-10-2011, 08:36 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

I seriously hope they dont screw this up. I'd like for him to sign a deal that pays him fairly, but will make him a 2-way player so he can get some starts in Rochester to stay and shape and keep improving his game.

Old
07-11-2011, 08:26 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:

Should is the key but I'm ready to give him a solid chance. He might have step back but that's what is great about having Miller still there.
As for the negotiations, we don't want ownership that just hands cash over and can't play hard ball. Pegula can be generous but if he's a total softie everywhere, then we will have cap problems. A few bucks here and there throughout roster can be meaningful when added up.

Old
07-11-2011, 08:37 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

At the root of it all, the tweet says 'Enroth wants more than his QO'.

Also known as perfectly normal.

Old
07-11-2011, 09:22 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by screecwe View Post
Honestly...I think I'd rather Enroth was down in Rochester. I think he's the future goalie of the Sabres, and I'd much rather he was down there playing night in and night out, rather than sitting on the bench for a lot of the season. Unless Ruff really plans on upping the games of the backup, now that we have what seems to be a reliable one, then I see that as the best option.
I think it's time to make him the back up. His stats in Portland last year weren't eye popping and he could be getting bored in the AHL, a bit.

And obviously the Sabres are planning on Enroth backing up Miller with the MacIntyre & Leggio signings.

Old
07-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Enroth may be trying to get himself traded. Playing behind Miller doesn't offer many opportunities for career advancement.

Old
07-11-2011, 11:52 AM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
At the root of it all, the tweet says 'Enroth wants more than his QO'.

Also known as perfectly normal.
Yep, there is nothing to really see here.

Old
07-11-2011, 12:16 PM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
Enroth may be trying to get himself traded. Playing behind Miller doesn't offer many opportunities for career advancement.
Spelling a Vezina caliber goalie is about as great a job as a young goaltender could ask for. Solid amount of games played, not as much pressure, learning from the best at the position are all pros.

Enroth has only shown potential to be trustworthy in net in lieu of Miller. He didn't nearly prove he's a starter in this league yet.

Old
07-11-2011, 02:03 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
Spelling a Vezina caliber goalie is about as great a job as a young goaltender could ask for. Solid amount of games played, not as much pressure, learning from the best at the position are all pros.

Enroth has only shown potential to be trustworthy in net in lieu of Miller. He didn't nearly prove he's a starter in this league yet.
I think most young guys would prefer a situation like the Leafs & Caps were last season than what Enroth and Schneider are dealing with.

Old
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Miller is very un clutch though. He lets in so many goals from the point with just one or two guys screening him. He always lets in goals late in the game and has consistently been outplayed by Henrik Lundqvist. He's just not that good and Enroth will probably take over as starter as early as this year.

Old
07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Miller is very un clutch though. He lets in so many goals from the point with just one or two guys screening him. He always lets in goals late in the game and has consistently been outplayed by Henrik Lundqvist. He's just not that good and Enroth will probably take over as starter as early as this year.
I can't tell, if that's sarcasm or not...

Old
07-11-2011, 03:24 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
How many guys do you expect him to not see through? 3? 4?

Old
07-11-2011, 03:32 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBizinuez View Post
How many guys do you expect him to not see through? 3? 4?
If a goalie can't stop a double deflection through a triple screen, he doesn't belong in the NHL

/sarcasm

Old
07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
If a goalie can't stop a double deflection through a triple screen, he doesn't belong in the NHL

/sarcasm
X-ray vision or bust.

Old
07-11-2011, 04:10 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Next big thing: Lead-lined pads.

Old
07-11-2011, 04:21 PM
NastyNate17

Quote:
This could be true. As a native of the Greater-Portland area and a longtime Portland Pirates fan I know for a fact that he has stated his enthusiasm to learn from Ryan Miller, but at the same time the fact that Miller is only 31 years old and will likely be the Sabres starting goalie for most of the forseeable future receiving the vast majority of playing time throughout the regular season could be a huge negative factor in Enroth's willingness to stay, especially under a contract that is the league minimum. It's not hard to understand that Enroth may want to go to a team where he can become a starting NHL goalie sooner than later, and Buffalo probably isn't the place where that is likely to happen, unless Miller falls off the face of the earth.

Old
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:

Talk about revisionist history.

Old
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Sabretip

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsturgis17 View Post
This could be true. As a native of the Greater-Portland area and a longtime Portland Pirates fan I know for a fact that he has stated his enthusiasm to learn from Ryan Miller, but at the same time the fact that Miller is only 31 years old and will likely be the Sabres starting goalie for most of the forseeable future receiving the vast majority of playing time throughout the regular season could be a huge negative factor in Enroth's willingness to stay, especially under a contract that is the league minimum. It's not hard to understand that Enroth may want to go to a team where he can become a starting NHL goalie sooner than later, and Buffalo probably isn't the place where that is likely to happen, unless Miller falls off the face of the earth.
Who knows what he's thinking, or his agent is telling him, but if he thinks he's already starting goalie material after only 15 games, he's being unrealistic. No other team is going to take any more of a chance on him than Buffalo would at the moment.

Miller's contract runs out in 3 years - at which time he'll be 34 and Enroth 26. If he's smart, he signs up for 3 years in Buffalo, learns what he can behind Miller while enjoying the likely success the Sabres seem destined for in the near future and sees what's the situation in 2014. If Miller is still the Sabres' go-to guy at that time, Enroth can become a free agent again (which I presume will be UFA based on age but I'll let the capologists/CBA experts correct me if not) and move on - and have a better chance of soliciting offers from teams as their starter after having 3 more years of NHL experience to show what he can or can't do.

Old
07-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
He always lets in goals late in the game and has consistently been outplayed by Henrik Lundqvist

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Year: 2007

Round: Conference Semi-Finals

Series: Buffalo vs. New York Rangers

Outcome: Buffalo wins series 4 games to 2.

Game 1:
Miller: 2 GA, 0.941 %
Lundy: 5 GA. 0.889%

Game 2:
Miller: 2 GA, 0.939 %
Lundy: 3 GA, 0.833 %

Game 3:
Miller: 2 GA, 0.957%
Lundy: 1 GA, 0.974%

Game 4:
Miller: 2 GA, 0.929%
Lundy: 1 GA, 0.967%

Game 5:
Miller: 1 GA, 0.957 %
Lundy: 2 GA, 0.950%

Game 6:
Miller: 4 GA, 0.889 %
Lundy: 5 GA, 0.828 %

Miller, time and again, has been clutch in the playoffs. He was the MAJOR reason why we won against the Rangers in 07 and the Sens in 06.

The one time he went head to head with Lundqvist, he won.

He had an off year last year, no one doubts that.

But to call him unclutch? Seriously?

Old
07-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
But to call him unclutch? Seriously?
He's terrible. One of the worst goalies in the league. Can't believe we pay this bum $11 Million a year.

Old
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

An off year, one might add, in the year after we lost Tallinder and Lydman.

Old
Kc232
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post

He had an off year last year, no one doubts that.
An off year that still saw him with 2 shutouts in the playoffs, against the Flyers at that.

Closed Thread