HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Boyle?

Old
07-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Value of Boyle?

What do you guys think it would take to get Boyle over to Phoenix? We need centers, we always make trades with you guys, and you guys are pretty healthy at that position. What would it take?

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:47 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Realistically probably a second or something around that. I don't think we really want to deal him for that kind of return, though.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:55 AM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
I'd trade him for a 2nd and a prospect. I'd be ecstatic with a first rounder but there's no way that happens

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Brett MacLean and a second for Boyle and Bourque or equivalent second-tier prospect.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Boedker/MacLean and a pick. Both could be the LW we want. I'd take the risk and his stock is high. And I'm not gonna lie. I thought of Phoenix when I saw this thread.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Magnifique

I'm positive Boedker won't be dealt for Boyle, they are expecting 60+ point seasons out of him in the near future. He remains one of their top prospects along with Turris.

I can possibly see something involving Maclean; I'm genuinely horrible at figuring out players worth, but I'm liking the feed back from you guys so far. Seems the consensus is a second and a prospect.

What about a second and Tikhonov? The only reason I can think of, that would make this not happen, would be the fact that our goalies are horrible; which means we will likely be picking high, and our picks will be extremely important in a very strong draft. I think if we make trades, it will be players for players, that is just my opinion though.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:43 AM
SERE 24
LGR

I'd add to Boyle for Boedker. I'd go up to Boyle + MDZ for Boedker + 3rd, but Coyotes are pretty set on D with Yandle, OEL, Gormley. I like Boedkey a lot... he'd probably end up a stud playing with Richards.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:45 AM
ck20

What would it take? A lot more than PHX would be willing to give up (or at least on message boards, now that Boyle had one above average [or at least his average] year). I think Boyle's realistic value is probably a 3rd rounder at absolute best. Yes, us Ranger fans loved his play last season and how he seemed to evolve his game. His trade value is probably the highest it's going to be barring semi-sustained success over more than 1 season, but honestly who do you guys think we'd be able to get? Giving the PHX roster a quick glance, I'm looking at Pyatt, Bissonnette, Bolduc, and Stempniak.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Barnaby

A guy with size who scored over 20 goals last year and COULD get better. The Rangers are in a position to win, so I'd want a player - or an overpayement of pick/prospect coming back. The guy isn't a star, but could be a very good complement playing wing next to Stepan or even Anisimov if Dubinsky plays on the first...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
What would it take? A lot more than PHX would be willing to give up (or at least on message boards, now that Boyle had one above average [or at least his average] year). I think Boyle's realistic value is probably a 3rd rounder at absolute best. Yes, us Ranger fans loved his play last season and how he seemed to evolve his game. His trade value is probably the highest it's going to be barring semi-sustained success over more than 1 season, but honestly who do you guys think we'd be able to get? Giving the PHX roster a quick glance, I'm looking at Pyatt, Bissonnette, Bolduc, and Stempniak.
Really? The Rangers got him for a 3rd then completely turned his career around. No way in hell does he move for a 3rd. I think he's easily worth a mid-high 2nd round pick, but why ship him out unless some team really wants to overpay?

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I'd trade him for a 2nd and a prospect. I'd be ecstatic with a first rounder but there's no way that happens
This. I've been saying to trade him for a while.

07-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Guys you have to remember Boyle was successful last year because he was seeing a lot more minutes with all the injuries, on all the line combos threads people are putting him on the 4th line, he's certainly our #4 center, do you really think he could repeat his success from last year with 4th line minutes?

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:29 AM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

My issue with Boyle is that he plays the softest game I've ever seen a big man play. I'm not saying he needs to destroy every person he hits, but how often do you see him get knocked off the puck in the corners? Don't get me wrong, I like Boyle, I just don't think he fits this team.

ReverbAndDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
What do you guys think it would take to get Boyle over to Phoenix? We need centers, we always make trades with you guys, and you guys are pretty healthy at that position. What would it take?
IF, Semyon Varlemov can return a 1st and 2nd.... then a team desperate enough will pay enough. All about need. If a team needs a 2nd line center and they happen to think Boyle can fill it, then maybe a 1st round pick?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I think we should just keep Boyle. In an open trade i dont believe we would get back what we want for his value. Id LOVE to get Boedker for Boyle and something else but i doubt that would happen. I think you will continue to see the same type of player he was last year and he will be used on the wing instead of at center. The guy was a former 1st round pick.. he has since coming to the rangers completly turned around his career and understand NOW what he has to do in order to be successful in the NHL. He is continueing to do that this offseason by going back to Underhill where if he continues to refine his skating can be a constant force. Id personally like to see what him and Wolski have to show after their work this offseason. Both players seem to finally get that alot of hardwork is what needs to be done. Then at the deadline if we wanted we could deal, Wolski, Boyle, Bourque, and a 2nd for a top 6 winger to make a playoff push.

Dubinsky Richards Gaborik
Wolski Anisimov Callahan
Boyle Stepan MZA/?
Feds Rupp Prust

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Boy has Boyle pulled the wool over other fans eyes...Mr one hit wonder will score 6 this year while playing the softest game ever seen by a big man..Take the second and run.

I bet Slats knows this and deals him..Slats likes big guys with an edge not a dress.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
Guys you have to remember Boyle was successful last year because he was seeing a lot more minutes with all the injuries, on all the line combos threads people are putting him on the 4th line, he's certainly our #4 center, do you really think he could repeat his success from last year with 4th line minutes?
With Rupp having the ability to play Center, I would not be shocked to see Boyle on the LW at some point next season.... With the way Torts manages his line-up and his tendency to boost the playing time of players who are playing well, I would not be shocked if Boyle saw ample PT if his play dictates it.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Boy has Boyle pulled the wool over other fans eyes...Mr one hit wonder will score 6 this year while playing the softest game ever seen by a big man..Take the second and run.

I bet Slats knows this and deals him..Slats likes big guys with an edge not a dress.
Really? What makes you think that? Id love to hear your reasoning and cant wait till he proves you wrong.

Lets think about this for a second, the guy is 26yo and only just finished playing his 2nd year in the nhl. He was a 1st round pick and had the natural ability to become a very solid player, he needed to grow into his body, correct his skating, and become more of a physical presence. In the past couple of years he has really grown into his body(6ft7in), takes players a long time in order to get their feet under them when they are that big. He has worked with Underhill which significantly improved his skating, which enabled him to get to where he needs to be on the ice to make plays and take shots, while being able to be more physically imposing. You ever try to hit a player when you arent a good skater? He is back to working with Underhill again this season to refine his skating more. This will enable him to be more physical and consistant this season. He may never break 40-50pts but i do see him as a valueable player who will pick up his game a bit more and be a more constant physical force and a 30-35pt threat.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

From your lips to Gods ears..One of us will be right.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:47 AM
MSG the place to be*

Why would we flip a valuable roster player with a cheap*** contract for a measly pick?

I wholeheartedly believe that Boyle is a 4th liner. NEWSFLASH: Just because a guy is labeled a 4th liner doesn't mean he can't be more valuable than a 3rd, 2nd or 1st liner. Its the whole "how many points per game does he have" syndrome that is infecting this site that irritates me. There are tons of guys not in the NHL who could have a PA Parenteau .5-.7 ppg season if given the opportunity. Thats not what makes a winning player.

Boyle plays an extremely responsible game. He proved to be a very good penalty killer (real life, not chris drury dreamland). And the scoring was a much appreciated bonus. Some of you guys complaining about what his money will be...I'm pretty sure it will fall below or right around Rupp territory (1.5). Who is the better player? If Boyle was on the open market you don't think he'd get maybe twice that (think Joel Ward)?

Let Phoenix keep their second round pick. We'll keep the guy who is a big part of this team even as a 4th liner.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
With Rupp having the ability to play Center, I would not be shocked to see Boyle on the LW at some point next season.... With the way Torts manages his line-up and his tendency to boost the playing time of players who are playing well, I would not be shocked if Boyle saw ample PT if his play dictates it.
In all fairness due to the point you make I don't think anyone on the team is going to get the points totals everyone on here expects them to, not because they will play badly, but because we have a crazy amount of depth and 4 lines we can absolutely roll.

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Pizza

Why would you trade a productive 3rd line center for picks and prospects who you hope one day might be able perform where Boyle is performing now?

The guy brought his career back from the dead, busted his a$$, had a great season, is super motivated, and people want to toss him aside like he's garbage. I just don't get it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:25 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Why would you trade a productive 3rd line center for picks and prospects who you hope one day might be able perform where Boyle is performing now?

The guy brought his career back from the dead, busted his a$$, had a great season, is super motivated, and people want to toss him aside like he's garbage. I just don't get it.
"The grass is always greener"

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Holy ****, MacLean is the perfect guy we would want. Knowing Maloney, he'll give us MacLean for Boyle straight up. I wouldn't be surprised and I would be ****ing thrilled. MacLean seems to be like a Kreider who has met his potential (isn't raw anymore).

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
I honestly don't think he could repeat those numbers if he got the same minutes. I think last season was a fluke... I'm not saying he hasn't improved, or that he's not valuable to us. I just don't think we get nearly the same out of him that we did last season.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote