HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking Ahead: Our 2012 UFA/RFA's

Old
07-10-2011, 05:23 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
I'd love to be wrong. I just have always thought Vtank would be a spare at best.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Next summer we will have the following players to make decisions on.

UFA's: Prust, Fedentenko, Aves, Christensen, Biron
RFA's: Wolski, Zucc, MDZ
-Good bye Wolski,unless he has a sick season
-Zucc lets see what he does this yr wih the ice time hes given.
-MDZ,Im a fan of him,just hope he steps it up a bit,id still say no lose to lock him up for a couple seasons,if if this one isnt to great.I believe the kid got sick talent.
-Prust 3-4yr deal,no brainer
-Fed1 yr deal,bug fan,great leadership and solid proven vet.Must keep.
-Avery,1-2 yr deal depending on this season>i do like th guy.
-E.C,BYE.
-Biron 2yr deal @ seasons end.**** season give him 1 yr deal.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
I'd love to be wrong. I just have always thought Vtank would be a spare at best.
He was better than Sauer at times last pre-season. The Rangers did not want to have to put Sauer through waivers and possibly lose him for nothing so they gave him a legitimate shot. The same thing will happen this season with Valentenko. He fits the mold of the team. Hard to play against. Tough. Shot Blocker. He has "jam".

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 08:49 PM
eco's bones

Prust and MDZ for sure need to be re-signed and probably MZA. As for the rest dependent on how they play.

On potential UFA's. Somehow I don't think Semin is someone Torts would want to coach. Off that list it's mostly the d-men who would interest me but something tells me that Suter and Burns will be all locked up long before July 1st and that Kronwall if not is still going to be a lifelong Red Wing. Sharp is interesting. Doan is a real leader and heart and soul guy. If Hemsky gets hit by another serious injury next year--not worth even going there then.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:42 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Its very possible the league and NHLPA make changes to Free Agency after this season. We could see a higher age for Unrestricted Free Agents and perhaps lower compensation for Restricted Free Agents. Also how can we talk about potential cap space when the next CBA will likely lower the cap?
those pending changes are definitely a big factor...and it'll be interesting to see how teams plan for next summer since free agency will open on july 1st under the current rules and the cap will likely go up based on the additional tv revenue...only to be lowered later in the summer...assuming of course that a new cba isn't agreed to early and the current one will run thru september...

tried looking back at 2004. some ufas (nylander to nyr, rolston to minn, knuble to phi) signed right away in july but then others like selanne and kariya didn't sign until the following year after the lockout. so no real pattern imo...there were an unusually high number of players that didn't receive qualifying offers but mostly 'lesser' players...

i guess the question is how much are you willing to gamble that the new cba will have to include either grandfathering of contracts, a rollback and/or a buyout period that doesn't count against the cap to get rid of old contracts and get under the new limit like they did in 05

probably depends on what player you are talking about...if zach parise is a ufa, i pounce on him at 12:01 on july 1st and cross my fingers that i can figure something out under the 'new rules'. but i'd probably not be in any rush to lockup someone like del zotto long term prior to knowing those rules...

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2935
In my opinion, Prust is the only person who is a must sign in my opinion. Also add MDZ, but if the other FA's leave wouldn't bring down the team. If there is no backup goalie on the market at the time, then re-sign Biron.

07-10-2011, 10:50 PM
GarretJoseph*

Let them all walk, we have enough bottom six guys.

Use that money to get a top LW and perhaps package 2 d's together with some picks for a better defensemen if things don't pan out for us this season.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:21 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Next summer we will have the following players to make decisions on.

UFA's: Prust, Fedentenko, Aves, Christensen, Biron
RFA's: Wolski, Zucc, MDZ

MDZ - part of the core
Aves/Christensen - gone
Feds - most likely gone
Zucca - depends on this season (even if he has a poor season they still may bring him back on a 1 or 2 year deal)
Prust - would love to have him back on a deal similar to Rupp
Biron - would like to see him back on a 1 year deal

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:19 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Let them all walk, we have enough bottom six guys.

Use that money to get a top LW and perhaps package 2 d's together with some picks for a better defensemen if things don't pan out for us this season.
Prust is an awesome bottom 6 guy - it's not like he takes up much money. I can't really think of anyone I'd like in his position better than him.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 05:47 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Nothing too crazy to worry about unles MDZ has a huge season (and I hope he does). If Prust has another good season he won't be too expensive.

Its the following summer that will be interesting. So far Sauer, Anisimov, Stepan, and McD will be RFA's.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The CBA expires September 15,2012. It's not a question of the upper limit being lower but how much lower? The players are going to receive less than 57%. The expiration date means the current CBA based on 11-12 revenues will be in place during the July signing period if a new CBA is not reached. Same drill. NHLPA can vote for the 5% bump. Then the CBA expires right before training camp and a new system is in place if a deal is reached. Donald Fehr waits until the last minute to get a deal. That's his M.O. The upper limit could go up again by $2M-$3M in late June and then its lowered in the new CBA in September. Weird situation.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The CBA expires September 15,2012. It's not a question of the upper limit being lower but how much lower? The players are going to receive less than 57%. The expiration date means the current CBA based on 11-12 revenues will be in place during the July signing period if a new CBA is not reached. Same drill. NHLPA can vote for the 5% bump. Then the CBA expires right before training camp and a new system is in place if a deal is reached. Donald Fehr waits until the last minute to get a deal. That's his M.O. The upper limit could go up again by $2M-$3M in late June and then its lowered in the new CBA in September. Weird situation.
Right, but there is no way that they arent going to include a number of mechanisms to solve cap problems. It is not the responsibility of the teams to spend in accordance with the rules of a CBA that doesnt exist yet. So, if a dozen teams are suddenly 10 million dollars over the cap with rosters to fill, there are going to be multiple fail-safes to ensure that there arent massive desperation waivings and buyouts of good players.

07-11-2011, 08:20 AM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Do anything and everything to get Suter in blue. Amazing player.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

An easy summer compared to this one. Of course, there's that little matter of a collective bargaining agreement...

bobbop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Out:
Christensen
Wolski

In:
Kreider
Miller
Prust
Fedotenko (1yr)
Avery (1yr)

Dubinsky. Richards. Gaborik
Kreider. Stepan. Miller
Hagelin. Anisimov. Callahan
Aves/Feds/Rupp. Boyle. Prust

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:08 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Compliance buyouts will be part of the CBA. How much money will teams be allowed to spend?CBA expires when training camp begins. The NFL will get their CBA done later this month and they'll have a week or signing period. Their off season never started. The NHL will conduct a free agent signing period and then have arbitration when the system will change in the next CBA. These things never get settled until the last minute or are settled after a lockout.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Out:
Christensen
Wolski

In:
Kreider
Miller
Prust
Fedotenko (1yr)
Avery (1yr)

Kreider. Stepan. Miller
How many times have you seen Miller play? The reason I ask is because I have a hard time seeing him as the 2nd line RW next season, ahead of Callahan and perhaps Zuccerello. (who may have a better 2nd season) It's not impossible but really, how can we pencil him into an NHL role when he hasn't even played College yet?

You also have Kreider on the Rangers next season? He may very well need sometime in Hartford. The Rangers also don't usually rush a kid into the system although Kreider may be one of the few exceptions.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Out:
Christensen
Wolski

In:
Kreider
Miller
Prust
Fedotenko (1yr)
Avery (1yr)

Kreider. Stepan. Miller
Is this for next season? Havent you learned from your insufferable overhyping of Kreider that is silly to insert prospects into the lineup a year (or even 2 years) after they're drafted???...especially considering where the Rangers generally draft.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:46 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Out:
Christensen
Wolski

In:
Kreider
Miller
Prust
Fedotenko (1yr)
Avery (1yr)

Kreider. Stepan. Miller
be nice if miller is ready that quck...but i think i'd put thomas in there as as a guy i expect to compete for a job. i'd consider miller making it being a pleasant surprise, but not expected.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Is this for next season? Havent you learned from your insufferable overhyping of Kreider that is silly to insert prospects into the lineup a year (or even 2 years) after they're drafted???...especially considering where the Rangers generally draft.
That's cute. Kreider is overhyped because he chose to play his Junior year.

By the way, do you post anywhere else besides responses to my posts.

If you don't like Rangers prospects, this is most definitely the wrong hockey forum for you.

Old
07-11-2011, 09:58 AM
terrrrrible

Prust: 3-4 years
MDZ: 2 years
MZA: dependng on this season; 1-2 years
Biron: 1 year

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
That's cute. Kreider is overhyped because he chose to play his Junior year.

By the way, do you post anywhere else besides responses to my posts.

If you don't like Rangers prospects, this is most definitely the wrong hockey forum for you.
Of course I post elsewhere, but I have to admit that your blind faith in prospects and mindless regurgitation of organizational fluff when it comes to the farm system is quite fascinating.

Old
07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
How many times have you seen Miller play? The reason I ask is because I have a hard time seeing him as the 2nd line RW next season, ahead of Callahan and perhaps Zuccerello. (who may have a better 2nd season) It's not impossible but really, how can we pencil him into an NHL role when he hasn't even played College yet?

You also have Kreider on the Rangers next season? He may very well need sometime in Hartford. The Rangers also don't usually rush a kid into the system although Kreider may be one of the few exceptions.
Several times.

And im not the only one suggesting he could compete for that spot as early as the 12-13 season. Sioux fans suggest it as well. He isn't expected to stay in College long at all. He isn't worried about his degree. He's focused on being an NHL player. He's focused on expediting his development. He was willing to discuss Plymouth and the CHL if he got a guaranteed ELC off the bat. He chose UND, which is better because he will play against older more mature players in a great league in a great hockey program that develops good Pro hockey players.

Miller doesn't need to develop in certain areas as much as Zuccarello and Thomas.

Miller is already a big strong kid, he is also a very intelligent player that's already a developed two way player. All of which Thomas and Zuccarello are not (Zuccarello is intelligent but awful defensively).

And if you guys saw him play and knew how much skill he has, this wouldn't be a debate.

Miller>Thomas and Zuccarello.

Thomas racking up points in the OHL is nice but he hasn't ever had to play in international tournaments, never had to play against players from a higher level.

Miller already has experience against D1 NCAA teams. Games in which he excelled. He was also a dominant player in international tournaments such as the U-18 WJC against the best players in the world in his age bracket. And I mean dominant as in one of the best players in the entire tournament.

Kreider is graduating BC next summer, and he's going pro. There is zero chance he plays in Hartford. None. Detractors like Bleed Ranger Blue can troll behind their keyboard all they want, doesn't change the fact the organization is higher on Kreider then they have been on any prospect since the 90's. He's not going to have to pay in Hartford. And his skills aren't going to rot away on the third line getting 10 minutes per game. Simply not happening.

I was wrong about him going pro this year, that's fine. I wont be wrong this time next summer.

Some of you want to gang up on me, go ahead. Wont change things.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 07-11-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old
07-11-2011, 10:18 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Of course I post elsewhere, but I have to admit that your blind faith in prospects and mindless regurgitation of organizational fluff when it comes to the farm system is quite fascinating.
And yet:

Dubinsky
Callahan
Stepan
Staal
Girardi
Sauer
McDonagh
Erixon
Anisimov
Lundqvist

5 of six (at least) defense positions are homegrown.

And every year more homegrown forwards are being plugged in.

Old
07-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
And yet:

Dubinsky
Callahan
Stepan
Staal
Girardi
Sauer
McDonagh
Erixon
Anisimov
Lundqvist

5 of six (at least) defense positions are homegrown.

And every year more homegrown forwards are being plugged in.
And yet, besides Stepan - who has an incredible hockey mind, all of these players took a few years to develop playing in professional leagues like the AHL or SEL. Thats the natural progression. I have to understand you see this.

Thats why I cant understand your make such definitive statements about guys like Kreider and Miller who obviously need a lot more time to develop. You just said that theres "no way" Kreider plays in Hartford. Would you like to make a bet? Or will you just backtrack and spin your incorrect declarations like you tried to do when Kreider went back to college.

Miller stepping into the NHL next season is even more ridiculous.