HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp (July 6-8, Brossard)

Old
07-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Considering scouts are already saying at the same age he looks better than PK did in all facets of his game, I think it's safe to say he goes in the first round. Even if he's pegged to go 50th by central scouting some GM will take the risk.
Well, he could pull a Lindros, refuse to sign, and demand to be traded to the Habs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:25 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Oh Jesus did I ever facepalm more than the times I watched Ryan White doing the drills. I thought he was going for sure to be a bust... Looked fat, exhausted and lost.

On the other hand, David Fischer was the most exciting player on the ice everytime I went there. I was drooling... Flawless skating and nice offensive abilities.

Whatever happened
Everytime I saw videos of Fischer, I tought the Habs should have convert him into a forward. It is easy to say now, but I think he may had been signed as a forward, given his size and skating. But it is ancient history.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Considering scouts are already saying at the same age he looks better than PK did in all facets of his game, I think it's safe to say he goes in the first round. Even if he's pegged to go 50th by central scouting some GM will take the risk.
That was also said about Jared Staal....the only Staal brother to never make it to the NHL.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 07:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
That was also said about Jared Staal....the only Staal brother to never make it to the NHL.
There's so many of them. And they're all anchors on their separate teams. I wonder if Papa and Mama Subban can make us a forward Subban

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
There's so many of them. And they're all anchors on their separate teams. I wonder if Papa and Mama Subban can make us a forward Subban
He'd be a black version of Ovechkin

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
pc_md

Quote:
Scouts or journalists citing scouts can say just about anything at that age. I have heard this "being better than the older brother at the same age" story so many times... Staal, Hossa, Koivu, Dionne, Lebault, Ryder, etc.

And if you think it is safe to say a 15 years old player will be drafted in the first round, then you just have not seen enough drafts or minor hockey in your life.

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
Scouts or journalists citing scouts can say just about anything at that age. I have heard this "being better than the older brother at the same age" story so many times... Staal, Hossa, Koivu, Dionne, Lebault, Ryder, etc.

And if you think it is safe to say a 15 years old player will be drafted in the first round, then you just have not seen enough drafts or minor hockey in your life.
Except that one turned out just fine

I agree, but I've seen the kid. He does look more poised with the puck. He really doesn't play that much like Subban.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

I agree, but I've seen the kid. He does look more poised with the puck. He really doesn't play that much like Subban.
When did Mikko lead the league in scoring?

If it wasn't for injuries, you wouldn't be singing the same song.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Not quite. Even with Saku's career point per game deterring now that he's on the downswing of his career it's still better than Mikko's.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote