HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Refereeing in Canada

Old
07-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Brew
#Winning.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brew Send a message via Skype™ to Brew
Refereeing in Canada

Currently live in St. Catharines (outside the Niagara Region) and looking to become a referee again. Haven't referee'd in a couple of years, but have a few questions.

I lived in Arizona and was a referee for 6 years. Took 5 years off, and was wondering this:

Q1: Since I was a level 3 referee, do I have to start all over again as a level 1 Referee?

Q2: Where can I register to become a referee again?

Thank you for any help.

Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
MNWild9

if you had ref level status at level 3 you should only have to do your recertification at a level 3.

heres a site to check

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...58/la_id/1.htm

i would go to the page for HOW TO GET STARTED or Even the Contacts to contact the right person or they will get you in contact with someone who will help you.

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Gervess
@Gervess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWild9 View Post
if you had ref level status at level 3 you should only have to do your recertification at a level 3.

heres a site to check

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...58/la_id/1.htm

i would go to the page for HOW TO GET STARTED or Even the Contacts to contact the right person or they will get you in contact with someone who will help you.
I'm pretty sure that you just need to recerfiticate at level 3, but to be sure just contact someone on the site that MNWild9 gave you.

Gervess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:33 AM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 2466
All reffs in Canada should be pregnant and miss at least 2 periods a game. After that see the above.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Dutchie83

Q1)Hockey Canada allows officials to be inactive for one season before having to start over at the bottom. But Level I in the HC system is only for officials aged 14-16 and anyone over 16 will start at Level II.

Q2)I would start by speaking to someone on the local minor hockey executive and find out who assigns the hockey games in the area and then talk to them about clinics. You could also start through the OMHA to find out when the next beginner clinic is being held. Every year after you will attend a recertification clinic near the start of the season. Upgrade clinics are usually held mid season as you advance through the ranks.

Dutchie83 is offline   Reply With Quote