HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

2011-2012 Tampa Bay Lightning Line-up

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Pat664422

vCash: 500
Downie is a right winger and Marty moved over to the left. Also, I don't see Malone playing with Vinny because over 2 years they've had zero chemisty. I see Malone skating on the third line or with Stammer and Marty. I'm hoping Connolly proves to be the sniper Gagne wasn't and meshes with Vinny. Purcell would have to move over to the left side:

Marty - Stamkos - Downie
Purcell - Vinny - Connolly
Malone - Moore - Shannon
Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Or if Ashton makes the team instead of Connolly (probably more likely):

Marty - Stamkos - Downie
Shannon - Vinny - Purcell
Malone - Moore - Tyrell
Hall - Thompson - Ashton

Old
07-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
Downie is a right winger and Marty moved over to the left. Also, I don't see Malone playing with Vinny because over 2 years they've had zero chemisty. I see Malone skating on the third line or with Stammer and Marty. I'm hoping Connolly proves to be the sniper Gagne wasn't and meshes with Vinny. Purcell would have to move over to the left side:

Marty - Stamkos - Downie
Purcell - Vinny - Connolly
Malone - Moore - Shannon
Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Or if Ashton makes the team instead of Connolly (probably more likely):

Marty - Stamkos - Downie
Shannon - Vinny - Purcell
Malone - Moore - Tyrell
Hall - Thompson - Ashton
That was true 60 games ago.

The Malone chemistry problem isn't as big of an issue as it was, once Malone started to play like Vinny was mortal.

I'd rather not have him with Vinny, just because he really isn't top-six. Ville Leino is an apt comparison. He gets the long deal for $4.5m, but isn't the point producer he seems to be getting paid to be.

There's got to be a trade made somewhere in here.

Old
07-10-2011, 06:34 AM
lewis black

Could Richard Panik slot in on the 2nd line RW?

Old
07-10-2011, 07:27 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis black View Post
Could Richard Panik slot in on the 2nd line RW?
Theoretically, yes. But he won't. Needs to find consistency in the A before he joins the big club

Old
07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Captain Slow

We all know how much Boucher likes to switch up line combos, so this is pure speculation at best. (This is also assuming both Stamkos and Purcell return, and I have no reason to assume otherwise)

St. Louis - Stamkos - Downie
Malone - Lecavalier - Purcell
Jones - Moore - Shannon
Tyrell - Thompson - Hall

A guy like Jones will battle with Ritola, Pyatt, Connolly, and Ashton for that last roster spot, which I made on the third line because I love the DNA line too much to split up. I also don't think Connolly or Ashton make the team, although we might see Ashton get a few call-ups during the year. Downie, Malone, and Shannon I think will all be rotated among the top 3 lines and all see the top 6 at some point.

Ohlund - Brewer
Hedman - Clark
Gilroy - Kubina

And of course, Bergeron and Gervais will likely be rotated in and out of the line-up, or used as a 7th defenseman (more likely, IMO).

And in goal,

Roloson
Garon

Old
07-11-2011, 01:16 PM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
We all know how much Boucher likes to switch up line combos, so this is pure speculation at best. (This is also assuming both Stamkos and Purcell return, and I have no reason to assume otherwise)

Jones - Moore - Shannon
Tyrell - Thompson - Hall

A guy like Jones will battle with Ritola, Pyatt, Connolly, and Ashton for that last roster spot, which I made on the third line because I love the DNA line too much to split up. I also don't think Connolly or Ashton make the team, although we might see Ashton get a few call-ups during the year. Downie, Malone, and Shannon I think will all be rotated among the top 3 lines and all see the top 6 at some point.

Ohlund - Brewer
Hedman - Clark
Gilroy - Kubina

And of course, Bergeron and Gervais will likely be rotated in and out of the line-up, or used as a 7th defenseman (more likely, IMO).

And in goal,

Roloson
Garon

Yea i think this is the most likely lineup but i think pyatt will be the extra forward to switch in with jones every once in a while because boucher likes pyatt but yea i agree with everything you posted!

Old
07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow

Jones - Moore - Shannon
Tyrell - Thompson - Hall

Ohlund - Brewer
Hedman - Clark
Gilroy - Kubina

And in goal,

Roloson
Garon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
Yea i think this is the most likely lineup but i think pyatt will be the extra forward to switch in with jones every once in a while because boucher likes pyatt but yea i agree with everything you posted!
I'd like to see Wright get the LW position on the third line. He's got more size and scoring ability B. Jones. If Jones makes the team it's as the 12th FWD, ie pressbox most nights.

Last edited by MrMcGz: 07-11-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old
07-11-2011, 09:11 PM
garmonbozia

Tyrell and Hall are getting too much familiarity love in these line-ups. Although they might be favored to return to the same roles as last year, neither is a shoo-in. I think both can reclaim their spots, but again, both will have to work very hard to do so. I won't be surprised if Hall gets outhustled or Tyrell outmuscled by someone else hungry for their oppurtunity.

Jones, Pyatt, Shannon, and to a lesser extent Ritola and Wright all should have a pretty good idea of whats expected and what they need to do to claim a spot as well. Although more unlikely, its also not impossible one of our talented prospects sticks around due to some camp heroics or newfound chemistry.

Personally I think we have about 10 guys fighting for 4 spots, where most of the lineups envision 8 guys fighting for 2 spots.

Old
07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
stammerhammer91

I think wright is going to go down to the minors to have another year to develop offensively, i think he is going to replace moore next year as 3rd line center.

Old
07-12-2011, 06:08 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

No way Ritola makes the team. His ear thing is a deal-breaker IMO.

Old
07-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I thought he was on a new kind of treatment that was taking care of that? Not that it matters, because I still don't think he makes the team, too much competition for those last 6 spots with too much talent for him to beat out.

Old
07-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Louiss

Quote:
He has a 1way contract for ht next 2 seasons. I say its almost no way he gets cut over guys on 2 ways contracts

Old
07-12-2011, 09:14 AM
BoltSTH

It is rumored that the Rangers might buy out Wolski. 25 year old winger with a lot of talent, just needs a coach who can motivate him.

Old
07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiss View Post
He has a 1way contract for ht next 2 seasons. I say its almost no way he gets cut over guys on 2 ways contracts
His contract has no bearing on if he makes the team or not. The team had no problem putting him through waivers when he was sent to Norfolk. And unless he trained really hard this offseason, I'd say there's a very high chance he doesn't make this team.

Old
07-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Dmatchbox91

Wolski has done bad everywhere he has gone except for a tiny little bit in pheonix when he was great that's too much risk.

Last edited by Dmatchbox91: 07-12-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old
07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Dmatchbox91

Quote:
Nope. Overpayment.

Besides, as newham said, Dallas just lost Richards, they don't need to shed salary.

Welcome to HFBoards.
If it is an over payment take carter Ashton out of the equation and sub in James Wright Dallas always needs to shed salary because they have major ownership problems so they have no money. And they get rid of a salary like eriksson's in return they get some good young cheap talent with potential.

Old
07-13-2011, 03:52 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
So EE expects Jones, Pyatt and Ashton to fight for the last F spot.

Old
07-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
Just speculation. I've got a idea. Dustin Byfuglien played as winger in Chicago, and in Atlanta played as defender, and he performed much better. So, what if Marc-Andre Bergeron play as winger in the third line next season? He is better offensively than defensively. Could he play better? Do you think that would experiment with Bergeron came out as well as Byfuglien in Atlanta?

Downie - Stamkos - St. Louis
Shannon - Moore - Bergeron
Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Brewer - Ohlund
Hedman - Clark
Kubina - Gilroy/Gervais

Old
07-13-2011, 10:30 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusic View Post
Just speculation. I've got a idea. Dustin Byfuglien played as winger in Chicago, and in Atlanta played as defender, and he performed much better. So, what if Marc-Andre Bergeron play as winger in the third line next season? He is better offensively than defensively. Could he play better? Do you think that would experiment with Bergeron came out as well as Byfuglien in Atlanta?

Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Brewer - Ohlund
Hedman - Clark
Kubina - Gilroy/Gervais

I think we have too many forwards fighting for that spot as it is, I can't see a natural defenseman (even if he is a terrible defenseman) beating out Jones, Ritola, Ashton AND Pyatt for a place.

Old
07-17-2011, 11:44 PM
jfc64

Tampa Bay Lightning owns Florida Panthers.

Last edited by jfc64: 07-19-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old
07-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:

Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Brewer - Ohlund
Hedman - Clark
Kubina - Gilroy/Gervais
I actually think MAB would make a solid forward on our team. Hes got hustle to his game and thats why I was defending him so much. Sure hes a crappy dman but hes got an offensive game to him. He could easily play some 4th line mins to see how he does and then if he makes some plays go and play with Moore and Shannon. That could be a good line.

Old
07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

What we will not see:

Bergeron-Ohlund-Moore
Clark-Downie-Brewer
Stamkos-Malone-Kubina
Gilroy-Shannon-Hedman

Thompson-Gervais
Jones-Lecavalier
Purcell-Hall
Tyrell

extra: St. Louis

Old
07-19-2011, 08:14 PM
JFleegs

alright im bored ill make some speculation on the line up...

Downie-Stamkos-St louis
Malone/Shannon-Lecavalier-Purcell
Pyatt-Moore-Malone/Shannon
Tyrell-Thompson-Jones
Hall

Hedman-Clark
Ohlund-brewer
Gilroy-Kubina
MAB

Old
07-19-2011, 09:39 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Brewer - Ohlund
Hedman - Clark
Kubina - Gilroy/Gervais
No, while he does have full retard moments he provides needed mobility on the back end. If our forwards have an off night we look AWFUL.

Old
07-20-2011, 07:21 AM
TBLbrian

the good thing about our 5-8 depth on D is that if Bergeron plays like he did most of the playoffs he can get some solid minutes. When he is slumping make him sit, and give someone else a chance

i don't like MAB as much as the next guy but in the playoffs he was one of our better D IMO in the right role

Closed Thread