HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two questions..LaBarbera and Grebeskov?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM
  #1
captaincheat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Regina, Sask., Can.
Country: Canada
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Two questions..LaBarbera and Grebeskov?

1. Does Labarbera have any chance of winning the starting job?
2. Does Grebeskov rocket up the depth chart to QB the power play?

captaincheat is offline  
Old
09-16-2005, 04:57 PM
  #2
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincheat
1. Does Labarbera have any chance of winning the starting job?
Not in L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincheat
2. Does Grebeskov rocket up the depth chart to QB the power play?
In 2-years if he's lucky, more likely 3...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
09-17-2005, 12:58 AM
  #3
king4you
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
from what i saw at traing camp labarbera doesnt have a chance at being a back up. but he could have just had a bad day or is having a hard time getting used to the smaller pads.

king4you is offline  
Old
09-17-2005, 01:15 AM
  #4
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by king4you
from what i saw at traing camp labarbera doesnt have a chance at being a back up. but he could have just had a bad day or is having a hard time getting used to the smaller pads.
Melrose said that LaBarbara was "EXCELLENT" today, merely emphasizing that it's too early to project. Worst case is that he's very streaky and unreliable. Best case is that he's gotten it together (he did improve every day of camp). Either case is equally likely, I guess. Let's give him at least a couple preseason games before starting to worry.


Last edited by Osprey: 09-17-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Osprey is offline  
Old
09-17-2005, 01:23 AM
  #5
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Melrose said that LaBarbara was "EXCELLENT" today, merely emphasizing that it's too early to project. Worst case is that he's very streaky and unreliable. Best case is that he's gotten it together (he did improve every day of camp). Either case is equally likely, I guess. Let's give him at least a couple preseason games before starting to worry.
And even if he is streaky could it be worse than Storr, or Fiset, or Dafoe?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
09-17-2005, 01:24 AM
  #6
king4you
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
i am not worrying i was just stating that from the way he preformed he didnt have a chance in the nhl. i also said that it could have just been a bad day or that he had to get used to the smaller pads. which according to the way i just read about how he played sounds like what was wrong with him.

king4you is offline  
Old
09-17-2005, 03:21 PM
  #7
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think he was probably just fighting some rust...

Kingz4life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.