HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Didinger says ...

Old
07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Mgkibbles

vCash: 500
Bumpage.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Defmincex13

Double Bump. All the fools on page one!

Defmincex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:44 AM
JVR21
G

Yes! I didn't post anything in this thread.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:47 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
The day this team trades both Richards and Carter is the day this team moves to Winnipeg. (Hint: Neither is happening.) I'm getting sick of Philadelphia saying we have to move on from them; they both have 10+ year contracts. They're not trading them. Get over it.
lol.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:49 AM
IrishSniper87

I didn't say anything in this thread, but at the time I would have, lol.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
The day this team trades both Richards and Carter is the day this team moves to Winnipeg. (Hint: Neither is happening.) I'm getting sick of Philadelphia saying we have to move on from them; they both have 10+ year contracts. They're not trading them. Get over it.
It's even funnier because they both got traded on the same day. LOL!

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Yes! I didn't post anything in this thread.

Classic!!! Thanks for the laugh. I was literally reading page 1 and thinking "Yes, I didn't post anything in this thread", then I see this post. LOL, I literally laughed out loud.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:11 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

hah, you guys are all stupid. i knew they were gonna trade richards and carter

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Clyde Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onan View Post
Sounds good because both of them cannot handle the pressure. Many non hockey experts said that they were "shaking" in the playoffs
That's what happens when you withdrawal from percs! I kid I kid.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:27 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Can anyone really say they expected the Flyers to blow up the team this offseason?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:33 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Can anyone really say they expected the Flyers to blow up the team this offseason?
Anything I wrote in this thread would have looked a whole lot like what was already on page 1. I never, never expected both to be shipped out. The fact that both deals happened within an hour, plus several people calling this days, weeks, and (now) months before adds to my belief that this wasn't just a pair of hockey moves, as sad as that makes me. I'll leave it at that, since we more than vented our collective spleens on the departures of Carter and Richards.

Sigh.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:33 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
no, i'm pretty sure that's why it was bumped.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Actually, my boss, who played in the AHL for about 10 years, called this one. He told me that they'd get rid of Richards and make other big changes because they choke in the playoffs under Richards and as he goes, the team goes. He said that Philly doesn't put up with this for long and after the disaster of the Bruins series he said the writing was on the wall. Needless to say, I thought he was crazy.

Oh, and he was a goalie for the Hershey Bears back in the 70's. Very cool to sit and talk with him.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Well your buddy seems to think that getting eliminated from the playoffs makes you a choker automatically.

Look at Chicago, bunch of chokers!

07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well your buddy seems to think that getting eliminated from the playoffs makes you a choker automatically.

Look at Chicago, bunch of chokers!
definitely not trying to contradict you because i agree with the idea you're getting at, but i'm pretty sure the last two off-seasons would have played out much differently had we been in chicago's shoes.

for example, if carter buried that chance with about 1:20 to go in game 6 (or even if niemi just didn't make a good play on it) and the flyers pulled out G7 on the road, all the talk of carter choking would disappear and suddenly we wouldn't be in the market for a big-name goalie at the cost of either richards or carter.

edit: on a side note, i'm glad this thread coincided with studying for finals so that i didn't say something that would make me look like a fool months later when the improbable came true.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
definitely not trying to contradict you because i agree with the idea you're getting at, but i'm pretty sure the last two off-seasons would have played out much differently had we been in chicago's shoes.

for example, if carter buried that chance with about 1:20 to go in game 6 (or even if niemi just didn't make a good play on it) and the flyers pulled out G7 on the road, all the talk of carter choking would disappear and suddenly we wouldn't be in the market for a big-name goalie at the cost of either richards or carter.
Oh no you did-n't.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post

edit: on a side note, i'm glad this thread coincided with studying for finals so that i didn't say something that would make me look like a fool months later when the improbable came true.
I just think it's ridiculous because it implies that 29 teams choke annually.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I just think it's ridiculous because it implies that 29 teams choke annually.
Exactly. Only Vancouver and San Jose choke annually....

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Exactly. Only Vancouver and San Jose choke annually....
Hahahaha.

And the Caps. Though, when Brucey Boy is your coach, I guess it's actually expected.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

First we are in a business about money. So I think almost any player is for sale. Even a Crosby or Zetterberg are tradeable if another franchise overpays for one player. I'm not shocked that Carter was traded. But i hate what we got for him. I am shocked at Richard's trade, because he was the captain and the face of the franchise. And we got no important piece back. If we got real good players back, who had shown constance in their performance, I would not complain. But we only got prospects that haven´t shown anything yet. This is too little. Voracek is not enough for me! Richardson can be a good addition, but he also has to prove first that he is better than Powe or Carcillo.

I hope i now don´t get flamed. With all the Couturier and Schenn lovers here.

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:09 PM
FlyerX

The return was pretty good. If they didn't get such killer offers for both, I don't think the trades would have happened. Versteeg, Carle they could have dumped to make room for Bryz and everyone would be happy, the team would still be good but they could not have dumped Richards and Carter. As it is, the team has lost a lot of scoring and also some very good defensive play up front, over time the youngsters in the return will develop.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
The return was pretty good. If they didn't get such killer offers for both, I don't think the trades would have happened. Versteeg, Carle they could have dumped to make room for Bryz and everyone would be happy, the team would still be good but they could not have dumped Richards and Carter. As it is, the team has lost a lot of scoring and also some very good defensive play up front, over time the youngsters in the return will develop.
We hope.

Old
07-12-2011, 01:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Actually, my boss, who played in the AHL for about 10 years, called this one. He told me that they'd get rid of Richards and make other big changes because they choke in the playoffs under Richards and as he goes, the team goes. He said that Philly doesn't put up with this for long and after the disaster of the Bruins series he said the writing was on the wall. Needless to say, I thought he was crazy.

Oh, and he was a goalie for the Hershey Bears back in the 70's. Very cool to sit and talk with him.
I'd be interested to hear what his thoughts are on replacing Richards and Carter with Jagr, a rookie, and an underachieving/good potential young player.

For the record, I am looking forward to seeing what Voracek can do - I wanted the Flyers to draft him in 2007. Seeing him on Richards' wing would have made me very happy.

Old
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Well, there are the morons on page 1 who didn't see this coming and posted on a message board stating that fact. Then there is me, who bought a brand new Orange Richards jersey for $150 3 days before he got traded (birthday gift) . I wish I was the folks on page 1

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
What this thread shows is what has always annoyed me about spots fans. Most of them think they know everything, and make statements like "never", and "untouchable".

No one has any clue as to what will happen in the future, so acting as if you are 100% sure is silly. And this thread should teach people never say never. However, no one will learn this adage

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote