HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[WPG] Randy Jones signs with Winnipeg, 1 yr @ $1.15 MM

Old
07-12-2011, 09:07 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
I guess it's really dependant on the announcer but I almost miss hearing "Jones, shot!..Blocked". Get ready for lots of blocked shots leading to odd man rushes/breakaways.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:02 AM
jetkarma

QUOTE=BrianL;34583611]Please tell us then, which free agents Chevy should have signed up to this point, for how long and how much, and why? As part of your answer, please provide evidence that the players in question would have signed with Winnipeg given the terms of your offers. In addition, please detail your overall development plan for the team, and its AHL affiliate, and how your recommended signings would further that cause.[/QUOTE]

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:16 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Well, watching a single game involving the team he constructed might be a good start.
That would be prudent , maybe also check the list of titles he has won as a hockey executive. Sharp guy overall , pair that with hockey smarts equals on ice success.

He has a track record , why would anyone ignore that when he has not had one game as the GM of his NHL team?

The hate for Sheifele pick is laughable, it really is . Look for a big year from him in Barrie and for Team Canada , this is a player on the ascent and will be for several years . I don't know about other fans , but for me that is how I want my key talent trending.

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:33 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN126 View Post
Hate to see that ******* in a WPG sweater
Why??? You're a Bruins fan.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Why??? You're a Bruins fan.
Bruins fans don't like him because he hit Bergeron from behind and concussed him.

But really Bruins fans should love him, because if he wasn't part of Tampa's d, I don't think the Bruins would have won the series. He got walked all over by Seguin a number of times, and Tampa fans must be kidding themselves if they think he is serviceable for 20 minutes a night.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Same goes for Teddy Purcell!
What? Most Kings fans are happy Purcell is doing well. Kings fans said he was bad when he was traded because he was. He was given a chance in every situation with the Kings and he never stuck. So he was traded and now he's doing well on another team. You won;t see any Kings fans bashing on him for that.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
You need the cheap solid players on every team. Jones is one of them. Nice pickup

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote