HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defensive Pairings

Old
07-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Look at all the defensemen in the league who play on the opposite side as their handedness
Name them. because there are not really that many at all that play it consistently, and are good at it.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The defense is awfully green, but all signs point to this being the plan.

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Erixon - MDZ/Valentenko/Eminger/Camp invite

Makes zero sense to have a younger player around as the #7, but some sort of insurance policy in the form of a vet needs to be around in case some of these kids cant cut it.
yep

Staal, Girardi
McDonaugh, Sauer
Erixon/DZ/Vtank- 2 of the 3
Lepisto? if he is indeed signed if not another guy with experience

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 08:56 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Doubtful. Top 4 are set...and I'd go so far as to say Erixon is also penciled in as #5. MDZ/Valentenko and perhaps Lepisto (if he's signed) will fight it out for 6/7.
Ok, whatever you say. To me, you're making some really out there assumptions if you think Tortarella has McDonagh and Erixon are penciled into any kind of lineup.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Why wouldn't he have McDonagh penciled into the lineup?

07-12-2011, 09:02 PM
RangerFan10

Because he played a half of a season. I would guess that if Tortarella sees guys outplay him in camp, even marginally better than him, or he starts to falter, he is headed to CT for at least a short time. Maybe he is in fact penciled in, but I wouldn't say he's locked into that spot. He needs to have a good camp and good pre-season to make the team. He's not immune from ending up in CT by the opener, is all I am saying. Some of you seem to think he is.

Old
07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Frankly, Torts isn't a pencil-er. There's no one he isn't willing to take ice time away from if they don't perform. If McD doesn't do well, he'll go to the Whale, just like MDZ did last year.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:23 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Because he played a half of a season. I would guess that if Tortarella sees guys outplay him in camp, even marginally better than him, or he starts to falter, he is headed to CT for at least a short time. Maybe he is in fact penciled in, but I wouldn't say he's locked into that spot. He needs to have a good camp and good pre-season to make the team. He's not immune from ending up in CT by the opener, is all I am saying. Some of you seem to think he is.

My guess is that Mcd won't be replaced by someone who "marginally" outplays him in camp. He showed enough in his half a season to earn a spot on the team.

I suspect that it's his job to lose.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
darko

Staal/Girardi
McDonagh/Sauer
Erixon/MDZ
Eminger

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
RangerFan10

I think if we were going to re-sign Eminger (or McCabe) it would have been done by now

Old
07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexmex View Post
Name them. because there are not really that many at all that play it consistently, and are good at it.
Flyers fielded 6 left-handed defensemen... Carle (lefty) played with Pronger on the top-pairing for what, 2 years now? Coburn & Timmonen on the 2nd pairing? Seidenberg (lefty) played the right side with Chara on the Bruins top pairing... Another poster on this forum posted the statistics (I don't know where he sourced them from), and there are many more left-handed defensemen in the league than right-handed... Several teams have/had 4 players that were lefties, and 2 righties. So it's not uncommon at all to have players playing the opposite side as their handedness.... If you google search you will find statistics... For instance in 2007, only 29% of the defensemen in the league were right-handed shots.... So you see the disparity... Pens fielded 6 lefties on defense that year. Is it ideal? Probably not, but it's definitely "do-able" and when we're talking about a 3rd pairing that's not going to see a lot of ES minutes, it's not going to be as big of an issue as one might think. Teams make due with the circumstances. Daneyko & Stevens were both lefties and took care of business for the Devils for several years playing together.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 07-13-2011 at 03:22 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I just hope that we resign Eminger as a 7th. He was very solid last year, and he will come cheap

Staal - Girardi

McD - Sauer

Erixon/DZ - VTank

Eminger

I said it in another thread earlier, we have so many options for our defensive pairs, I think that we just go in to camp and battle out for that third pairing spot, but you can always put Erixon with McD and DZ with Sauer. There is so much that they can do with those spots

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote