HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers New Winter Classic Jerseys

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
  #76
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,457
vCash: 500
Guess what I found... The Quakers Retro idea originally popped up before the 2010 Winter Classic versus Boston... Take a look:



LOL Same old crap that didn't fly two years ago is making the rounds again as something new.


EDIT: Here is the blog that originally suggested it: http://hockeyweek.blogspot.com/2009/...lassic-is.html

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:38 PM
  #77
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
But would that be the case with special WC jerseys? Last time the jersey was made entirely different than the regular season Premiers and the patch on the chest was the real McCoy.

I agree with you about not liking the screened on crap... But damn I just hate to see the tail wag the dog by designing the WC jersey to avoid Reebok and the manufacturers going the cheap route to squeeze another dollar or two from us... Shoot, they'll be making a fortune from all the Flyers fans buying them, and the actual cost of going with real patches on a special jersey would have to be minimal.
i just didn't put shoulder patches, because they're dumb IMO, unless your team is called the blackhawks.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
  #78
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i just didn't put shoulder patches, because they're dumb IMO, unless your team is called the blackhawks.
There is actually a history with the Flyers and shoulder patches... When they had patches the shoulders were once the place they were placed.

But I do understand that it is a matter of taste... I personally like them, but can certainly live without them too.






Ashbee memorial patch... I believe the Pelle one was there also.






Season that actually had three patches... alternating only two at a time... NHL Anniversary, Flyers Anniversary and All Star Game IIRC. I believe they switched them halfway through the season, but I'm not really certain


Last edited by Sawdalite: 07-11-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
  #79
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
Not digging it. I was hoping they'd do something with this design

I want to see these again some day too, but since they were retired only a decade ago, you could easily argue that they are not "Classic" enough.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
  #80
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
Someone took concept art a bit too seriously. If they're gonna use the quakers jersey, at least use the flyers logo. That text is ugly as ****.
I think the script is great. If there's something I take exception to, it's using the Flyers crest as an alternate shoulder logo (and shoulder logos in general). First, shoulder logos in general have a tendency to cause too much clutter and second, it's just too many anachronisms for my brain to handle at one time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post


And of course there is always the Firebirds

Spectacular uniforms.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:41 AM
  #81
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro4195.Html

Claude Giroux 2012 Winter Classic Jersey w/ Patch

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:04 AM
  #82
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,865
vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
WHA Philadelphia Blazers...


The color scheme resembled two other franchises:

Philadelphia Fury (NASL):



Philadelphia Stars (USFL):


MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:05 AM
  #83
hXc Chris
Registered User
 
hXc Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Chester
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Wow so far every "new" jersey post i've seen has nothing but ugly as balls jerseys in it. SHAME!

hXc Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
  #84
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
another philadelphia ramblers inspired jersey


orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 03:03 PM
  #85
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
another philadelphia ramblers inspired jersey

I like it... neck lace up string is a nice yet subtle touch.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
  #86
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,531
vCash: 500
Guys, that is the ****ing balls. Make it now.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 05:24 PM
  #87
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
There is actually a history with the Flyers and shoulder patches... When they had patches the shoulders were once the place they were placed.

But I do understand that it is a matter of taste... I personally like them, but can certainly live without them too.

IMG

Ashbee memorial patch... I believe the Pelle one was there also.

IMG

Season that actually had three patches... alternating only two at a time... NHL Anniversary, Flyers Anniversary and All Star Game IIRC. I believe they switched them halfway through the season, but I'm not really certain
When I say shoulder patches, I don't mean those types of commemorative patches, those type of patches are awesome, because they date a jersey and make it more specific.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
  #88
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
When I say shoulder patches, I don't mean those types of commemorative patches, those type of patches are awesome, because they date a jersey and make it more specific.
I was originally getting at the point that the WC jerseys get the special treatment as opposed to the regular Premiers... and how they might just go with the real McCoy WC patch even if it were on the shoulder rather than the chest... And maybe even with a couple flying 'P' emblems if going with lettering on the chest. I understand that regular jersey shoulder patches are screened on Replica/Premier... I was just feeling that the WC were made separate and with different standards.

That said, I suppose I could live with the screened logos on the shoulders if the WC jersey was like the Tony The Tiger that had them... but would rather Reebok change their policy... in fact change it to eliminate all screening crap period.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:38 PM
  #89
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I was originally getting at the point that the WC jerseys get the special treatment as opposed to the regular Premiers... and how they might just go with the real McCoy WC patch even if it were on the shoulder rather than the chest... And maybe even with a couple flying 'P' emblems if going with lettering on the chest. I understand that regular jersey shoulder patches are screened on Replica/Premier... I was just feeling that the WC were made separate and with different standards.

That said, I suppose I could live with the screened logos on the shoulders if the WC jersey was like the Tony The Tiger that had them... but would rather Reebok change their policy... in fact change it to eliminate all screening crap period.
Main logo's on Premier are properly layered/stitched twill. As for the WC jerseys, I still don't understand why the Flyers were made in the 6100/550 style and not Premiers... The Flyers have just always managed to avoid this issue by not having shoulder patches in the Premier era.

If the Flyers go with the Lindros era oranges, then the WC patch should definitely go on the shoulder, although I doubt that happens.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:46 PM
  #90
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Main logo's on Premier are properly layered/stitched twill. As for the WC jerseys, I still don't understand why the Flyers were made in the 6100/550 style and not Premiers... The Flyers have just always managed to avoid this issue by not having shoulder patches in the Premier era.

If the Flyers go with the Lindros era oranges, then the WC patch should definitely go on the shoulder, although I doubt that happens.
I think all replicas of the WC are in a 6100/550 style. At least they have been in the past couple years.

I just hope they dont decide to only sell replicas to the public again.

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
  #91
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Main logo's on Premier are properly layered/stitched twill. As for the WC jerseys, I still don't understand why the Flyers were made in the 6100/550 style and not Premiers... The Flyers have just always managed to avoid this issue by not having shoulder patches in the Premier era.

If the Flyers go with the Lindros era oranges, then the WC patch should definitely go on the shoulder, although I doubt that happens.
By "main Logo" are you talking about the chest 'Crest' and such when placed on the shoulders?... In the Flyers case that would of course be the Flying 'P'.

Do you know how the other teams throughout the years have had their WC made for sale o the fans... Were they also not Premier style?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
  #92
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
I think all replicas of the WC are in a 6100/550 style. At least they have been in the past couple years.

I just hope they dont decide to only sell replicas to the public again.
Well, there's one of my answers... Thanks.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
  #93
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
here's a toned down quakers style concept i did, except i kept the primary logo and added the antique white.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:13 PM
  #94
Accelleratii
Registered User
 
Accelleratii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
I think, if these are the uniforms for this year's winter classic, they're spot on. These jerseys pay homage to Philadelphia's hockey roots while having a classic, retro hockey sweater look. Can't argue with that.

And it's about damn time the Flyers put 'Flyers' or 'Phila' in script diagonally across a classic looking sweater.

Accelleratii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:02 AM
  #95
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
here's a toned down quakers style concept i did, except i kept the primary logo and added the antique white.
I <3 these jerseys. Would buy one immediately.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:13 AM
  #96
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I <3 these jerseys. Would buy one immediately.
thanks

actually, my favorite one i did was the first one with the arched "FLYERS" word mark.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:18 AM
  #97
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
thanks

actually, my favorite one i did was the first one with the arched "FLYERS" word mark.
I like your first one too, I just think the Flying P needs to be a part of the jersey.

Maybe use your 1st design but put the logo right below the word "Flyers"? See how that looks? It looks good in my head, but I couldn't say for sure until i see the actual drawing...

The other thing is, I kinda like an orange jersey since we're the home team and that's our iconic color. But I could go black w/ orange as long as it has the flying p on it.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:26 AM
  #98
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I like your first one too, I just think the Flying P needs to be a part of the jersey.

Maybe use your 1st design but put the logo right below the word "Flyers"? See how that looks? It looks good in my head, but I couldn't say for sure until i see the actual drawing...

The other thing is, I kinda like an orange jersey since we're the home team and that's our iconic color. But I could go black w/ orange as long as it has the flying p on it.


like this?

i think it looks OK. i could deal with it. might be a bit busy though

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:38 AM
  #99
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post


like this?

i think it looks OK. i could deal with it. might be a bit busy though
Meh. You're right, it doesn't look good w/ the really small Flyers logo.

I dunno, I just can't see a uniform w/o the flying P... we've never really done it before and I can't see them starting now, which is why I like your toned down quakers jersey.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 09:09 AM
  #100
heaven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
http://www.weiketrade.com/Product/Pro4195.Html

Claude Giroux 2012 Winter Classic Jersey w/ Patch
Have you got it ?

heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.