HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lepistö going to Manhattan (UPDATE: Signs with CHI)

Old
07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Columbus did not qualify Lepisto
Which may or may not be telling. On one hand, his QO was only 840k. Thats pretty cheap. On the other hand, the team was in the process of adding a ton of salary. Had to make cuts somewhere.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 08:19 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
injuries is not a country in central Asia.
it was... we bombed it...

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
ltrangerfan

Is Lepisto the correct choice? Maybe? Perhaps his agent is spreading the stories of the Rangers interest in the D?

In any case, the Rangers didn't sign Richards to leave the D to be manned solely with Soph's and Rookies. Hopefully the vets can add some stability should the need arise.

The best case is that the vet's will view the games from the press box. If nothing else, the Rangers need to buy a bit of insurance.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Are there any legitimate sources confirming this? People are going nuts over a broken english translation from some random website in bumb**** nowhere, uk how many hits that site just generated true or not?
Why don't you try to check something out before you post? MTV3 is the largest commercial TV station in Finland, and that's not hard to find out, if you'd bother look into what you're reading.

I'm not saying the rumour is true - you never know what you're going to get on a slow newsday - but it's as legitimate a source as any other sports news outlet.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:54 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
We need a seventh d man that can eat a lot of minutes and be decent defensively. For those of you worrying about our RFA's, we have tons of room for them. A depth signing for a seventh d man shouldn't cost any more than 1 million, give or take a few hundred thousand.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Lui One Hall

The reporter who wrote that article, Timo Kunnari, is a very reliable source when it comes to Finnish NHL players.

Lui One Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 05:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Lepisto is on twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/samilepisto

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 06:00 AM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
National Team probably
Bingo.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Why don't you try to check something out before you post? MTV3 is the largest commercial TV station in Finland, and that's not hard to find out, if you'd bother look into what you're reading.

I'm not saying the rumour is true - you never know what you're going to get on a slow newsday - but it's as legitimate a source as any other sports news outlet.
MTV3.fi is widely known as the worst hockey media in Finland. Their sources and facts have 0% credibility. Their "experts" are jokes. Their "journalists" hunt for clicks with cheesy headlines.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by timanGi View Post
The reporter who wrote that article, Timo Kunnari, is a very reliable source when it comes to Finnish NHL players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
MTV3.fi is widely known as the worst hockey media in Finland. Their sources and facts have 0% credibility. Their "experts" are jokes. Their "journalists" hunt for clicks with cheesy headlines.
I did feel a bit like I might be defending Finland's version of Aftonbladet...

The point I'm making is that even if they run with rumours, but they are both professional news organizations, who have to follow a level of journalistic integrity, however much they stretch their imaginations for it. They're not bloggers working out of their parents' spare rooms.

The other poster knew nothing about what he was saying when he called MTV3.fi a "random website from bumble**** nowhere". Did he bother to find out what he was talking about?

Anyway, this is off topic, so I won't say anything more about it.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

Sorry I didnt research the station or whatever but as far as I know anything I've heard out of that station has been a load of crap. Notice none of the rangers beat writers have even mentioned it, it's purely a rumor to me until someone with legitimate NHL creditability says something about it.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
I don't get why some people think that not handing a starting spot to Del Zotto is a bad thing. He had a rough year last year, then got hurt when he was sent to the AHL.

I'd really rather see him start the season in the minors and prove that he's too good to be kept down there, then get called up while he's confident and playing well.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Earlier in this thread I said that I wouldnt mind this move. Now that I have thought about it, I want nothing to do with Lepisto. We have a log jam on defense and I think that we would be better served calling up Vtank to play with Erixon or Del Zotto on the third pairing with Eminger as our 7th.

Staal - Girardi

McD - Sauer

DZ/Erixon - Valentenko/Eminger

Who ever does not win the spot between DZ and Erixon get sent down to the A. There is literally many options we have on defense. Maybe keep Vtank in the AHL, put Erixon on the second pair with McD, and put DZ on the third pairing with Sauer. It is great that we have such depth and so many ways that we can work the young guys in to the lineup

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
I don't get why some people think that not handing a starting spot to Del Zotto is a bad thing. He had a rough year last year, then got hurt when he was sent to the AHL.

I'd really rather see him start the season in the minors and prove that he's too good to be kept down there, then get called up while he's confident and playing well.
I agree, but if he comes in to camp playing lights out, I want him on the main roster at the start of the season.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I agree, but if he comes in to camp playing lights out, I want him on the main roster at the start of the season.
No doubt about it. I just want to see him playing well enough to earn the spot. It'll be better for the team and better for his development.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
No doubt about it. I just want to see him playing well enough to earn the spot. It'll be better for the team and better for his development.
Yeah he definately needs to earn it. It sucks because I think that he can be really good if he can put it all together

Old
07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

I honestly don't understand why so many posters think that spots should be handed out to young guys. Look at the roster, it's not like Rangers have a problem developing talent. Still people worries about weather DZ/Valetenko can handle the competition from a guy that didn't make the NHL last year...It's a signing to ensure that we got back up if MZ/Vtank just ain't good enough, or Sauer gets hurt etc. It's not like it's him OR DZ. And I'm quite sure DZ don't mind not carrying the pressure into this season!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:59 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Seems to be our annual Finnish depth signing.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
I honestly don't understand why so many posters think that spots should be handed out to young guys. Look at the roster, it's not like Rangers have a problem developing talent. Still people worries about weather DZ/Valetenko can handle the competition from a guy that didn't make the NHL last year...It's a signing to ensure that we got back up if MZ/Vtank just ain't good enough, or Sauer gets hurt etc. It's not like it's him OR DZ. And I'm quite sure DZ don't mind not carrying the pressure into this season!
I understand that it is a depth signing, and I am advocating letting the young guys battle for a spot on the roster, not just handing it to them

Old
07-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 931
I don't think lepisto would be a bad 7th dman, provided he is just that, a 7th dman.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I understand that it is a depth signing, and I am advocating letting the young guys battle for a spot on the roster, not just handing it to them
The point is: what if NONE of them are capable of winning the spot on the basis of NHL readiness rather than just being better than the guys they're competing against?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I don't think lepisto would be a bad 7th dman, provided he is just that, a 7th dman.
Exactly. And thats what I think we need. A 7th dman with some experience. He doesn't have to play every night.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:58 AM

Reading this thread with some amusement. What if Lepisto or some equivalent low cost, high value ufa signing could come in and exceed expectations and still be moved at the trade deadline for perhaps a 3rd rd pick in 2012? Why? Because VTank, Ktek, Pashnin, or MDZ started the year in Hartford and were truly ready by midseason. How is that for asset management and thinking several moves ahead? Would Ranger faithful be pleased to be playoff bound and have an extra pick in '12 as well? If Ranger brass is not thinking this way, they should be.....just saying.

888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
The Blackhawks signed him according to Mirtle.

07-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
The Blackhawks signed him according to Mirtle.
and the blackhawks themselves

http://twitter.com/#!/NHLBlackhawks/status/91920703883968512

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote