HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Stuart Simmons of Brampton - Anyone know him?

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2005, 04:56 PM
buzzbee

vCash: 500
Stuart Simmons of Brampton - Anyone know him?

I live in the UK and my team plays in a league where you are permitted to play 4 overseas players. Our coach says we will be going with just 3 this season, which we already have. However, Stuart Simmons has been seen training at the rink this week and word is that he has signed as our 4th import. He has been playing OHL for Brampton. Does anyone know anything about him?

It might all come to nothing and I suspect he may have been over to help at a hockey school, but I was still wandering what he was like.

Our overseas players tend to usually come from the ECHL

Old
08-14-2005, 06:20 PM
GBGamblersFan

Here's a link to his stats on Brampton's OHL website...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=2458

Old
08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
buzzbee

Thanks for that. It's often difficult to tell what anyone's like from their stats, particularly in a league I am not too knowledgable on. He's still young, so there aren't too many stats on him and as a defenceman, stats can be a little tough to use as a judge.

I'm hoping we might find someone who has seen him play and can give some kind of inside info. The club have now announced that they have signed a 4th import and that he is a Canadian defenceman, so it's looking more likely. Apprently, he's been trying out for some NHL teams, but wants to play in Europe

Old
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
DaveyCrockett

My friend played with him at a prospect camp for the Batallion and we have both played against him at shinny. He is a big strong defensive defensman with good leadership skills and a physical edge. He is not fast but he is very strong on his skates.

Old
08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
buzzbee

Thanks

We are definitely trying to sign him. Unfortunately, he now has interest from the richest club in the UK. If they want him, they'll have him, whether we like it or not.

Old
08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbee
Thanks for that. It's often difficult to tell what anyone's like from their stats, particularly in a league I am not too knowledgable on. He's still young, so there aren't too many stats on him and as a defenceman, stats can be a little tough to use as a judge.

I'm hoping we might find someone who has seen him play and can give some kind of inside info. The club have now announced that they have signed a 4th import and that he is a Canadian defenceman, so it's looking more likely. Apprently, he's been trying out for some NHL teams, but wants to play in Europe
He wasn't drafted in 2003 when he was elligible. Tried out for the Columbus Blue Jackets, one of the worst teams in the NHL. They weren't interested. That's all I know about him.

Old
08-27-2005, 06:21 AM
buzzbee

It'll be interesting to see. He has now signed for the Bees and will play for them in a friendly tournament tomorrow, before playing his first league game next Saturday.

Old
09-18-2005, 03:23 PM
tbennett88

Stuart

I know this is a little late since he already signed on. I played shinny with him in Toronto. He is a great guy. He does not look down on poor hockey players (like myself). He always had fun, and treated everybody with respect. I played with him during the off-season. At that time he held a construction job. Basically he worked hard during the day, and found time to play hockey at night. He should be dedicated to your team.

Please tell him the American with the $15 stick said hi.

Old
09-18-2005, 04:31 PM
buzzbee

Will do.

As you say, the season has started and Stu has started pretty well. He's a decent player for this level, has pretty good hands, a bullet of a shot and loves to hit.

Closed Thread