HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other)

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2011, 06:24 AM
ocarina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Talent it is fine, as is the OJHL. I think we both feel that the USHL better prepares you for the grind of college hockey.
Not to take it off topic, but the OJHL isn't even close to the BCHL or USHL in terms of talent. Just take a look at the prospects they send out, much less in terms of high-end D1 talent.

OJHL is the weak sister of the Canadian Junior A programs. Some good teams are there, but the talent dilution is very high and it is a very top-heavy league.

Old
07-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well, we've had some of our best kids of late come out of the OJ (Including one who set the single season goal scoring record there) but i'll concede the point, because I've only watch about a dozen live games and likely don't know as much about the league as others here.

In any case, in regards to Fogarty, hes clearly not on a fast-track to the NHL. So he can play where he wants.

07-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

So what are we doing with Max Campbell? I had high hopes for him back in the day, and he just sort of fell off of the charts.

Old
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
So what are we doing with Max Campbell? I had high hopes for him back in the day, and he just sort of fell off of the charts.
he'll be in hartford...signed an ahl contract with the whale

Old
07-13-2011, 01:13 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

hey guys, flyers fan in peace.

i was wondering, what's the expected path for chris kreider this season? has he signed? will he play another year at boston? he's been one of my favorite up and comers since the WJC gold medal team.

when do you guys predict he'll be playing in the NHL?

Old
07-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

i was wondering, what's the expected path for chris kreider this season? has he signed? will he play another year at boston? he's been one of my favorite up and comers since the WJC gold medal team.

he's staying at BC for his junior year...will likely turn pro after that

Old
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

He's taking summer classes and will stay one more year at BC before turning pro. It's possible that he will be ready for the NHL at that time. Physically, he already is ready, but we'll have to see where his game is by then. I think it's likely he'll make the team in 2012.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
he'll be in hartford...signed an ahl contract with the whale
good to hear

Old
07-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Leetch3

new conference being setup in ncaa...won't go into effect this year so may or may not effect any of our guys if miller, etc turn pro before then

Quote:
Buccigross John Buccigross
In addition, the conference expects to have a broadcast package in place before launching its inaugural season.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

All six schools will continue playing in their current conferences through the 2011-2012 and 2012-13 seasons.
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The new conference will begin immediate research of additional members. Notre Dame? Air Force?
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

National Collegiate Hockey Conference founding members- Colorado College, Denver, Miami, Minnesota Duluth, Nebraska Omaha & North Dakota.
13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
07-13-2011, 01:35 PM
TreeSapLlama

Not really sure if its too applicable here, but Moose Jaw just hired a new head coach Mike Stothers. I know next to nothing about him, and have no idea if he will be a great coach or not for McIlrath. I figured it might be worth mentioning though.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:51 PM
GAGLine

Rangers 20 in 20 on Christian Thomas:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

Old
07-13-2011, 02:15 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
Not really sure if its too applicable here, but Moose Jaw just hired a new head coach Mike Stothers. I know next to nothing about him, and have no idea if he will be a great coach or not for McIlrath. I figured it might be worth mentioning though.
Stothers was a stay at home physical defensemen--never really made it. Thinking late 70's--into the 80's 2nd (?) round pick-- in the Philadephia Flyers organization--most of, if not all of his career. They used to have lots of tough guys. He was one of them. In McIlrath's case it's kind of like if Matt Carkner were to teach him how to play.

Old
07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Rangers 20 in 20 on Christian Thomas:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home
All I can say is that article made me excited.

Thomas looks to be a good pick. Now he just needs to add weight, and hopefully grow an inch or two.

Old
07-13-2011, 03:59 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Mike Stothers coached Bobby Sanguinetti at Owen Sound. He was an assistant coach with the Thrashers last season. None of the coaches were retained when the team was sold.

Steven Fogarty and Mario Lucia could teammates at Notre Dame in 12-13. Both of them will be playing for Penticton this season

Quote:
Everyone asks Mario, the the son of Gophers coach Don Lucia, where he will attend college in 2012-13? His final three choices have long been the Gophers, Notre Dame and Colorado College.

The 6-2 left wing, drafted by the Wild in the second round of last month's NHL entry draft, said he will make his decision within a few days after the Wild camp ends Sunday.

But Tuesday, after his first on-ice practice at Wild camp at the X, Lucia dropped a hint. "I like Notre Dame the most, but we'll see," Lucia said. "I feel a little bit more comfortable there."
Quote:
The Vees will be a team loaded with Minnesotans, perhaps as many as nine or 10, according to a team representative. The roster already has seven, including defensman Mike Reilly of Shattuck-St. Mary's and forward Steve Fogarty of Edina High School.

"It is going to be an easier transition going forward," said Lucia, who could have played for Des Moines of the USHL. "The home sickness won't be there as much because I am good buddies with Mikey and Steven."
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/125459413.html

Old
07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I hope Thomas pans out and plays in the NHL. I am really starting to love this kid

Old
07-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

whatever happened to Mitch Gaulton. Didnt Jess Rubenstein say he was like a super gem or something?

Old
07-13-2011, 04:23 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
whatever happened to Mitch Gaulton. Didnt Jess Rubenstein say he was like a super gem or something?
I remember reading the article when we announced he wouldn't be signed. Gaulton was very respectful and just thankful for the opportunity. I can't believe it's already been 3 years since he was drafted.

Judging by hockeydb, it seems he was traded to the absolute mess that was the 10-11 Kingston Frontenacs, and he put up very weak numbers.

Old
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Jess says a lot of things.

It's just pain.
Old
07-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Jess says a lot of things.
he actually blocked me from following his twitter, because i responded to one of his posts telling him how wrong he was. He is such a baby...

Old
07-13-2011, 04:58 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I hope Thomas pans out and plays in the NHL. I am really starting to love this kid
Hey my predictions been pretty good so far with the buyout of drury and the signing of Richards, I'm makin one more. Thomas makes the team out of camp over zucc. Gets 9 games and may or may not be sent to juniors. My gut.. He sticks for the season

Old
07-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT4Johnny View Post
Hey my predictions been pretty good so far with the buyout of drury and the signing of Richards, I'm makin one more. Thomas makes the team out of camp over zucc. Gets 9 games and may or may not be sent to juniors. My gut.. He sticks for the season
That could be huge for our power play.

Team needs a sniper more than it needs another playmaker in Zucc, though I do hope they both pan out.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:04 PM
MPJohnny5

The kids one timer is just sick I.e stammer/ ovheckin. If zucc could play on this team with his size there's no reason this kid couldn't with Richards mentoring him on the pp.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Hope so, we desperately need someone who can pick corners besides Gaborik, especially on the PP

Old
07-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
The kids one timer is just sick I.e stammer/ ovheckin. If zucc could play on this team with his size there's no reason this kid couldn't with Richards mentoring him on the pp.
Question becomes is he a liability at even strength, and is his point production enough to justify that.

I don't feel that another year in the OHL is going to do anything for this kid, though.

Old
07-13-2011, 05:12 PM
MPJohnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Question becomes is he a liability at even strength, and is his point production enough to justify that.

I don't feel that another year in the OHL is going to do anything for this kid, though.
Exacty. Which is why I feel the least he gets is 9 games at the NHL level.

Closed Thread