HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

How good are the rangers?

Old
07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Henke will have a strong season. He always does. The thing he needs to avoid is his typical mid-season slump. Happens every year. Always around mid to late January, and it usually lasts until almost the end of February. I could place bets on it, and become a very rich man. And the sucky part is once he starts to slump, the whole team does. I remain convinced he could've won the Vezina if late January to late February of this past season, didn't happen!
You CAN place bets on it.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
The potential for us to build on last year is better then going in reverse based on:

Addition of Richards.
Pack Line increasing production based on growth + BR/MG line drawing oppositions top pair.
MDZ playing up to potential.
McD taking the next step into a transition threat using skating & passing vision.
Stepan & Anisimov increasing their faceoff percentages.
Erixon exceeds expectations.
Zuccarello exceeds expectations & increases his neutral zone defencive play.

Step backward if:

Considerable/lengthy injuries.
McD/Sauer/Stepan sophmore slump.
Richards can't solve our PP problems.

In short, the same dilemas & wishful thinking all 30 teams have with their players and the reason they play the games instead of building a paper line up and setting the season to Auto Mode leading to the playoffs.

Honestly we could be anywhere from 8th to 3rd but I don't see us having a better record then Washington or Boston. Then again Carolina got back most of their FA's and every other year seams to be their year so they are due and FLA could be a surprise if Theodore has a solid year (). And TO & NJ should be better as well. So NYR better be ready to start the season on fire and play their butts off all 82 becasue the East is looking alot tougher then last year.
There is no chance we take a step backwards, and I'm a huge cynic.

We are adding a MAJOR difference maker. MAJOR. If the kids take the next steps...we should be able to fight for the division, but no worse than 8. AKA We are a playoff lock, barring major injuries.

I think we can at least make it out of the first round, this year.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
You CAN place bets on it.
Lol..trust me, if I don't have a job by next year..I WILL place bets on it!!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
There is no chance we take a step backwards, and I'm a huge cynic.

We are adding a MAJOR difference maker. MAJOR. If the kids take the next steps...we should be able to fight for the division, but no worse than 8. AKA We are a playoff lock, barring major injuries.

I think we can at least make it out of the first round, this year.
I also think that we should not be taking a step back. The core is old enough where they are still improving, but they should be consistent and not drop in production.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..trust me, if I don't have a job by next year..I WILL place bets on it!!
Why not bet on it regardless?

According to you it's a sure thing and is easy $

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
We got better on paper. But no team is assured a playoff spot before the season starts.

What if Henrik gets seriously injured? Richards? Gaborik?

What is Stepan and McDonagh hit major sophomore slumps and must be sent to Hartford?

We shouldn't simply ignore the regular season. I have no doubt this season will have its hardships like any other. And i'm not yet positive I prefer this club to the 06-07 or 07-08 rosters.

They did just about everything I wanted this offseason getting Rupp and Richards, still have to get Prospal to consolidate it though.

07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We got better on paper. But no team is assured a playoff spot before the season starts.

What is Stepan and McDonagh hit major sophomore slumps and must be sent to Hartford?

We shouldn't simply ignore the regular season. I have no doubt this season will have its hardships like any other. And i'm not yet positive I prefer this club to the 06-07 or 07-08 rosters.

They did just about everything I wanted this offseason getting Rupp and Richards, still have to get Prospal to consolidate it though.
I hope that we get Prospal. We will not know what the front office thinks about him until they get the RFAs signed though

Old
07-13-2011, 04:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

It's funny because we're basically the opposite type of club now. Even though we played "defensive hockey" under Renney, we were weak defensively with fantastic frontloaded scoring but weak secondary scoring. Now we theoretically have very good secondary scoring, a slightly weaker (but hopefully still good) top line, and good defense under Tort's safe is death style.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It's funny because we're basically the opposite type of club now. Even though we played "defensive hockey" under Renney, we were weak defensively with fantastic frontloaded scoring but weak secondary scoring. Now we theoretically have very good secondary scoring, a slightly weaker (but hopefully still good) top line, and good defense under Tort's safe is death style.
I prefer this team to the other teams mentioned. I am very excited for next season to start

Old
07-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Well in 07-08 we had Straka and Shanahan on the 3rd line. If we had found some way to hang onto Nylander for one more year (He had an option at 2 mil) with the other players then I think we could have come out f the East that year.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Gomez-Shanahan
Dubinsky-Drury-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Prucha

but... I digress.

We need a veteran defenseman this year as well as a fail-safe, which I think I have mentioned before.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Well in 07-08 we had Straka and Shanahan on the 3rd line. If we had found some way to hang onto Nylander for one more year (He had an option at 2 mil) with the other players then I think we could have come out f the East that year.

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Gomez-Shanahan
Dubinsky-Drury-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Prucha

but... I digress.

We need a veteran defenseman this year as well as a fail-safe, which I think I have mentioned before.
While that team looks good, I perfer our younger roster that is growing in to a very solid team. We are going to be very good for a very long time. I am just happy that we finally have put together a team that can compete with anyone.

Although I definately wish that we could have kept Nylander because he was very solid, and for 2 mil he averaged 80 points both seasons he was here with us. It is just crazy to think what might have been

Old
07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Why do people think the Sabres are better than the Rangers?
Cause Ville Leino is Brad Richards lite and Christian Erhoff didn't have his offensive numbers inflated by playing on stacked teams which also helped mask his defensive deficiencies or anything . Also didn't you see Ryan Miller in the Olympics a couple of years back? I haven't seen him since then but I'm sure he's really that good all the time . They have a new super cool owner . And we're the Rangers we can't possibly be good .

If it wasn't abundantly clear already I'm with you and I'm really getting bothered by how much hype the buffaslugs are getting for no good reason, and how people are re-writing how actually Brad Richards isn't good only since their city missed out on him.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

its clearly evident that Buffalo is the better team