HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Line combos for the future:

Old
07-13-2011, 09:58 AM
welcometothebigshow2

vCash: 500
Ottawa Line combos for the future:

Even a couple years down the road, through the draft, if everything pans out, I wouldn't be dissappointed with a line-up like this:
Filatov-Spezza-Yakupov-Exciting scoring line.
Puempel-Zibanejad-Butler-Great mix of size, scoring, and speed.
Noeson-Prince-Silvferberg- Could be a great 3rd line who could chip in with offense.
McCormick-Smith-Kramer- Would be one of the toughest, hardest working lines in NHL
(With many others)

Cowen-Karlsson- Great pairing, tremendous potential.
Blood-Rundblad- Size, and scoring.
Boroweicki-Gryba- Physical, and hardworking.
(With many others)

Lehner- Has unreal potential.
(Other drafted goalie)- Probably a 2nd round pick, having a great back-up wouldn't hurt anyone.

That's not even including Da Costa, Weircoich, Lee, any many others, obviously it's going to be way different considering there's only 3 players who have proved themselves at the NHL level.

Let's see what you can come up with for a line-up in a solid 3-5 years...

Last edited by welcometothebigshow2: 07-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Afro Thunder*

I want to see a 2nd line of

Silverberg-Zibby-Yakupov rain havok on the NHL.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

I still think Shane Prince could be the next Claude Giroux.....helluva player.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

I see Puempel as ultimately getting a long audition on Spezza's left side. He could be our team's leading goal scorer in 2-3 years if he gels with him. I also see Butler as a guy that fits on Spezza's wing, so at least one of those guys should be with him, but perhaps not both. Spezza definitely needs a pure triggerman to compliment him properly.

Presuming Z-Bad is our 2nd line center, Silfverberg and Filatov seem like the other two guys that hopefully fit in within the top 6 on the wing.

Two years from now, presuming Alfie retires and we let Michalek walk...

Puempel-Spezza-Silfverberg
Filatov-Zibanejad-Butler
Foligno-Noesen-Regin
Prince-Smith-O'Brien

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:39 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

I wish people would stop adding Nail Yakupov to their "future line projections" for the Sens. There is still a LOT of hockey to play before that particular draft.

Let's cross that bridge when we get there, ok?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:50 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

stop 'nailing' Yakupov as 1st overall

we just might end up with Grigorenko.

Yeah I only know two players in the 2012 draft.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:11 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
stop 'nailing' Yakupov as 1st overall

we just might end up with Grigorenko.

Yeah I only know two players in the 2012 draft.
Galchenyuk? Murray?

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Iamok
#Panic

How about you don't put any '12 eligible players in at all. After the whole Lando/RNH situation last year, I'm personally keeping my hopes nice and low.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Dreaming big, I see.

Kekumba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Manny*

Noesen and Puempel are both right wingers.

I think we could see a second line of:
Michalek - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
...As soon as next season.

Maybe a third line of:
Foligno - Da Costa - Puempel

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
delchief

In a post-Alfie, post-Michalek, post-Neil, and post-Gonchar world 3 years from now we could have a lineup something like this....

Filatov - Spezza - Noesen
Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Puempel
Prince - Smith - Butler
Greening - O'Brien - Kramer

Cowen - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Rundblad
Phillips - Gryba

Anderson/Lehner

But who the hell knows. It's a fun little game but with young prospects and yet-to-be-drafted players you just never know.....

delchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Noesen and Puempel are both right wingers.

I think we could see a second line of:
Michalek - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
...As soon as next season.

Maybe a third line of:
Foligno - Da Costa - Puempel
I'm pretty sure Puempel is a LW

Philadelphia Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by delchief View Post
In a post-Alfie, post-Michalek, post-Neil, and post-Gonchar world 3 years from now we could have a lineup something like this....

Filatov - Spezza - Noesen
Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Puempel
Prince - Smith - Butler
Greening - O'Brien - Kramer

Cowen - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Rundblad
Phillips - Gryba

Anderson/Lehner

But who the hell knows. It's a fun little game but with young prospects and yet-to-be-drafted players you just never know.....
Da Costa?

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
delchief

Quote:
Da Costa?
Well, you say that like it's obvious he should be there. How do I know? DaCosta seems like a nice player and put up some points at Merrimack College. Hasn't proven diddly at the NHL level yet so he either becomes a top-9 guy in the NHL or he doesn't. I don't believe this is the worst exclusion in the world considering the man was an undrafted free-agent. Put him in your proposed roster if you like him so much.

delchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Caje

Quote:
Well, you say that like it's obvious he should be there. How do I know? DaCosta seems like a nice player and put up some points at Merrimack College. Hasn't proven diddly at the NHL level yet so he either becomes a top-9 guy in the NHL or he doesn't. I don't believe this is the worst exclusion in the world considering the man was an undrafted free-agent. Put him in your proposed roster if you like him so much.
He has proven something - he played 2 games last season and didn't look out of place at all. That's a lot more than the majority of players on your list.

Old
07-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDre View Post
He has proven something - he played 2 games last season and didn't look out of place at all. That's a lot more than the majority of players on your list.
He played four games.

I watched his last game against the Bruins on CBC.ca and he looked great in the second half. He's already really good on the cycle and his takeaway abilities are pretty impressive. He looks comfortable with the puck and just needs to be patient.

Lets not forget that it took Butler nine or ten games to register a point.

Old
07-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Oh wow, so impressive.

Everyone goes on about how overrated Regin is thanks to his playoffs last year, yet continue to do the exact same thing with other prospects.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Some points? 90 points in 67 games in the OHL would be something special. In the NCAA it's even more special.

1.32 PPG in his freshman year and 1.36 in his sophomore year.

Bobby Butler recorded a 1.35 PPG in his senior year. Da Costa recorded 1.32in his freshman year, 3 years younger than Butler then repeated the feat and got 1.36 in his sophomore.

By the way, Da Costa's numbers were better than Jordon Schroeder who got a 1.29 PPG in his freshman year. Da Costa also beat out Colin Wilson who got 1.28 in his sophomore year.

Better than JVR, Stalberg, Caporusso, TJ Oshie, better than TOEWS 1.35 in his sophomore year.

In fact Jonathan Toews got 85 points in 79 games both freshman and sophomore. In those 2 years, Da Costa records 90 in 67. HMMMMMMM...

Since he didn't get drafted everyone doesn't care about him and LOVE Puempel I mean...FIRST ROUND! AMIRITE!?

By the way, when someone is signed out of college why are they not touted so highly compared to regular prospects? That's because they are usually in their senior year which is around 23-24.

Da Costa turned 21.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Some points? 90 points in 67 games in the OHL would be something special. In the NCAA it's even more special.

Bobby Butler recorded a 1.35 PPG in his senior year. Da Costa recorded 1.32in his freshman year, 3 years younger than Butler then repeated the feat and got 1.36 in his sophomore.

By the way, Da Costa's numbers were better than Jordon Schroeder who got a 1.29 PPG in his freshman year. Da Costa also beat out Colin Wilson who got 1.28 in his sophomore year.

Better than JVR, Stalberg, Caporusso, TJ Oshie, better than TOEWS 1.35 in his sophomore year.

In fact Jonathan Toews got 85 points in 79 games both freshman and sophomore. In those 2 years, Da Costa records 90 in 67. HMMMMMMM...

Since he didn't get drafted everyone doesn't care about him and LOVE Puempel I mean...FIRST ROUND! AMIRITE!?

By the way, when someone is signed out of college why are they not touted so highly compared to regular prospects? That's because they are usually in their senior year which is around 23-24.

Da Costa turned 21.
Very good post, he does need to add weight tho. Imo him and Wiercioch are the same type of projects and both could be outstanding if they continue to work.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:15 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:

Da Costa turned 21.
That is impressive stuff, I just hope if he sticks around in Ottawa they find a helmet that makes his head look less huge.

Really though I don't get why people don't give the kid much credit when he is infact only 21. I wasn't crazily impressed with his games at the end of the season, but well he didn't get much of a shot. So with all of this uncertainty I'm really looking forward to camp this year.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Oh wow, so impressive.

Everyone goes on about how overrated Regin is thanks to his playoffs last year, yet continue to do the exact same thing with other prospects.
My point was that he's NHL ready. He looked like he fit right in during the games he played, meaning that he's mature enough to make the NHL. He's pretty much a sure thing to be a regular in the lineup, which is a lot more than you can say about our other prospects.

Quote:

Da Costa turned 21.
Excellent post. I've voted for him in the prospect poll the past few times. It's a shame that the NCAA doesn't get any respect on these forums.

Old
07-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Rumcajs

I could see Da Costa taking a puck to the forehead fairly soon, he wears it as if its got a weight holding it back.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Manny*

Quote:

Da Costa turned 21.
Good post, guy.

Old
07-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Oh wow, so impressive.

Ok, I have decided that I'm a bit tired to read this. Regin is not "overrated thanks to his playoffs last year", maybe for some people but not for people who followed him "internationally" most of his career.

And Regin has been good for the Sens all of the 2009-10 season. It's just that it didn't translate in points production when he was used on the 4th line with guys like Neil, Smith and Winchester. He has been fairly productive when used on an offensive role. I can dig old posts of his game logs analysis if you need evidence

He just became excellent down the stretch when he got more accustomed to the NHL, just like the adaptation time he needed in the AHL.

Last year was a year to forget for about everyone on the team, but it was also his sophomore season, where most young NHLers struggle. However, when given quality ice time and teammates, he did produce. It wasn't much but it was just like everyone else not named Karlsson or Spezza. And he just didn't produce at all when he played on the 4th line under 10 minutes a game. Overall, he scored 17 points in something like 28 games, when he was put in the right situation (Peter Regin is not a 4th liner)

Got the evidence for all of this.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:27 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Very good post, he does need to add weight tho. Imo him and Wiercioch are the same type of projects and both could be outstanding if they continue to work.
Definitely needs to add weight. He is the type of guy that just has the skill and doesn't commit as much to improve physically since he can just "slide" out of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
That is impressive stuff, I just hope if he sticks around in Ottawa they find a helmet that makes his head look less huge.

Really though I don't get why people don't give the kid much credit when he is infact only 21. I wasn't crazily impressed with his games at the end of the season, but well he didn't get much of a shot. So with all of this uncertainty I'm really looking forward to camp this year.
Quote:
My point was that he's NHL ready. He looked like he fit right in during the games he played, meaning that he's mature enough to make the NHL. He's pretty much a sure thing to be a regular in the lineup, which is a lot more than you can say about our other prospects.

Excellent post. I've voted for him in the prospect poll the past few times. It's a shame that the NCAA doesn't get any respect on these forums.
Completely agree man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Good post, guy.
Thanks guys if the Leafs signed this guy, there would be no end to the talk about him. I'm thinking of making a thread of Da Costa in the prospect board

After all, those are some impressive numbers seeing as who he went up against.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote