HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
habshound247

vCash: 500
I don't think Phoenix will let Turris go...yet. Interesting reclamation project however. Haven't seen many of his games(1 or 2) and he definitely didn't stand out. When he was drafted, the knock was he needed to put on weight(hello Ryan Nugent-Hopkins). Any analysis of him as a player? If he is in play for the players mentioned, I sure hope the pick isn't one in the top 2 rounds of the draft, and that would probably be a deal breaker for Phoenix.

Old
07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Gomez , Moen and a pick for Turris ? Count me in x 10

This is most likely BS once again though

Old
07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozy View Post
Plus we have Blunden now that can do the Moen job
Come on. Moen is a better hockey player and can fight every middleweight in the league. Blunden lose all his fights and is not an establish NHLer

Old
07-13-2011, 09:31 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reem View Post

Yeah.. It would be great but its doubtful it happens. Turris has some nice potential and would likely do better than Gomez did last year.

Old
07-13-2011, 09:47 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Traverse View Post
Like the players wouldn't be stoked to swap Gomez and Spacek then pick up a Stud #1 Centre

They won't trade them for picks and prospects - its gotta be a big name or nothing
Generic Player #79: "I look forward to playing with XXXXXX he's a great player"
Generic Media Dude #3: "Will it be tough seeing Jaro Spacek and Scott Gomez move on to the Phoenix Coyotes"
Generic Player #79: "Of course, it's always tough to see guys go but we worked really hard this summer its going to be a fun season"

Old
07-13-2011, 10:09 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Whatever floats your boat, just as long as our next 2nd line center who get 40 points isn't earning 7.3 mil a year and has the potential to be better.

It's official, off-season makes people loco.
Yeah Gomez doesn't have potential to be better even though he's the only one of those three guys with not only a Stanley Cup ring but also 80+ point seasons on his resume.

Get a reality check bro, I love Eller and DD too but they've proven nothing compared to Gomez. Gomez had a bad season get over it, get off the guys back and give him a ****ing chance to try and be successful, at least try and support the guy while he still here. If he still stinks this year + post season then fine. But one bad season is an anomaly on his stat sheet. Sure he hadn't been an 80pt guy in NYR but he surely wasn't terrible. Not worth 7.3 but still a good player. Even last year he played well for us and got points. Give the guy one last shot before you crucify him for one season is all I'm saying.

Remember Plekanec? He played like a little ****ing girl. Now is he playing like one? No. You think Gomez is proud of the season he had? He's going to do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Geeez...Moen was a defensive stalwart on a Cup-winning Ducks team not all that long ago...Blunden isn't even a regular NHL player. Let's lay off the Xbox GM Mode for a second here. As if we could just slot one in for the other and not miss a beat.
The lack of respect Moen gets on these forums is quite infuriating to me. I see it all the time and he's been rock solid for us. People are really douches regarding him.

Old
07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Generic Player #79: "I look forward to playing with XXXXXX he's a great player"
Generic Media Dude #3: "Will it be tough seeing Jaro Spacek and Scott Gomez move on to the Phoenix Coyotes"
Generic Player #79: "Of course, it's always tough to see guys go but we worked really hard this summer its going to be a fun season"
His name is Andrei Markov and he's anything but generic!

Old
07-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The lack of respect Moen gets on these forums is quite infuriating to me. I see it all the time and he's been rock solid for us. People are really douches regarding him.
I agree. I cannot stand it on here when it comes to Moen. The guy is a gritty, strong, quite large forward who plays a gem of a defensive game, is amazing on the PK and will stand up to guys if he needs to. He is exactly what this team needs more of right now, and if our fourth line was built with 3 Travis Moen's, I would be effin ecstatic.

But, no, because he can't play in the top 6 and doesn't score 30 goals every season, he is a waste of cap space and should traded away for nothing and replaced by a career AHLer.

People here need to give their heads a shake. You don't realize how vital Moen is to this team.

Edit: Moen is also one of the few players who plays a full season without getting majorly injured on this team.

Old
07-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Moen is underrated in this board.

Old
07-13-2011, 10:23 PM
snoozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Come on. Moen is a better hockey player and can fight every middleweight in the league. Blunden lose all his fights and is not an establish NHLer
LOL..sorry..I meant the Blunden to replace Moen as a sort of sarcastic remark.

I am just saying to get rid of Gomez will cost us something and if Moen and pick is what it costs then be it.

I know we will need to then replace Moen with Winchester and maybe another defensive foward.

Do not get me wrong..I like Moen..I was happy when we signed him..but I think in MOntreal we destroyed his confidence as he was the only guy that could basically fight on the team and had to go against heavyweights.

But my other point being is that we can replace moen with another middle weight with speed and defensive awareness for the same price..I am not all too worried about it

p.s. Did you see the Blunden fights..the only one he won was against our freind O'B down in the minors..lol

Old
07-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Roulin

IMO Turris projects to be a player who can put up points (he led the Yotes in 5 on 5 points per 60 min, at 21 years old), but who is best against soft opposition. A Ribeiro type. I think he'd do well in Montreal. Plekanec does well against the best, and I think Eller will eventually be able to handle tough minutes as well. If sheltered, I think a unit like Desharnais-Turris-Kostitsyn could produce.

Old
07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
While a trade is not imminent, Gauthier has been trying to weigh his options and determine what deal might be available should he decide to pull the trigger.
This is probably the greatest phrase to fill some blog without saying anything. How is a GM TRYING to weigh in his options and determine what COULD be available IF he wants to deal of any importance to anyone? Geez....

Old
07-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
IMO Turris projects to be a player who can put up points (he led the Yotes in 5 on 5 points per 60 min, at 21 years old), but who is best against soft opposition. A Ribeiro type. I think he'd do well in Montreal. Plekanec does well against the best, and I think Eller will eventually be able to handle tough minutes as well. If sheltered, I think a unit like Desharnais-Turris-Kostitsyn could produce.
I agree about Turris being better vs soft competition but that's because he's easily pushed away from the puck and still need to fill his frame , two things that can be fixed with the right program. This shouldn't be an issue once he gains 15-20 lbs of muscle and gets around 6"1 205-210lbs.

Other than that he has all the tools to be an elite player in the NHL. If there is a "reclamation project" (and Turris ain't really one anyway since he's still only 21) i'd take a chance on it's Kyle Turris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Moen is underrated in this board.
The way i see it is Moen is solid but also expendable.

Last edited by Bronn: 07-13-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old
07-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Any real Kovalev rumours?
Nope!

Old
07-14-2011, 12:07 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
how about that carbo to new jersey rumor from the last thread?

please make it so

Old
07-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Trading Gomez would be retarded. It won't happen.
Exactly, unless he's replaced by a legit C then how the hell can Montreal afford to trade him.

Desharnais is not ready to be a number two C and I think he'd be better as at the wing ala St-Louis.

Eller is tis teams future number two C but not ready fir that role this year (maybe late in the year)

Old
07-14-2011, 07:57 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
The way i see it is Moen is solid but also expendable.
How is he expendable? We lost two guys who played a lot of PK time for us last year (Halpern and Pyatt) and haven't replaced it yet, he's also one of the few guys we have who will drop the gloves and stick up for his teammates.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Before we get off-topic again, lineup discussions can go here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=948375

I don't know why this is so complicated, but this is a thread for rumors. If you're not sharing a rumor or discussing one that was already posted, you're in the wrong thread.

I realize there's less and less to talk about as the summer drags on but let's at least try to keep discussion restricted to the appropriate threads.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:25 AM
SB164

Quote:

Can you imagine if the Habs can get Mikkel Boedker for Gomez? A young, speedy, skilled winger from Denmark who can develop chemistry with Eller

One can only dream...

Old
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
RE-HABS

Turris in a trade maybe a dream, but remember Filitov was traded to the Sens for even less.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
How is he expendable? We lost two guys who played a lot of PK time for us last year (Halpern and Pyatt) and haven't replaced it yet, he's also one of the few guys we have who will drop the gloves and stick up for his teammates.
Expendable in the sense that if he's an asking piece of a trade that would improve the team. I like Moen too , all i'm saying is that he's not untouchable and an easier type of player to replace than a top 6 forward or a top 4 D for exemple.

Old
07-14-2011, 09:03 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Before we get off-topic again, lineup discussions can go here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=948375

I don't know why this is so complicated, but this is a thread for rumors. If you're not sharing a rumor or discussing one that was already posted, you're in the wrong thread.

I realize there's less and less to talk about as the summer drags on but let's at least try to keep discussion restricted to the appropriate threads.
The rumor is that Moen + Gomez for something. I was just saying due to the responses it was getting that Moen really gets disrespected around here. It did slightly go off-topic but it was related to the rumor no less. I don't want Moen gone.

Quote:
Expendable in the sense that if he's an asking piece of a trade that would improve the team. I like Moen too , all i'm saying is that he's not untouchable and an easier type of player to replace than a top 6 forward or a top 4 D for exemple.
Agreed he isn't one of our main guys and is technically expendable. I still don't think he deserves the type of crap he gets on these forums as a result of that. He's a solid player being asked to play above his level, he's done exactly that, and the same people who likely whine and cry about toughness are the first people lining up to say get rid of him. I just find it pretty laughable.

In terms of the rumor I would take Turris for Gomez/Moen but not because Moen is garbage like a lot of you other jokesters have somehow convinced yourselves.

Old
07-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Exactly, unless he's replaced by a legit C then how the hell can Montreal afford to trade him.

Desharnais is not ready to be a number two C and I think he'd be better as at the wing ala St-Louis.

Eller is tis teams future number two C but not ready fir that role this year (maybe late in the year)
Gomez is awful. Replacing his out put is easily done even with Prospal. Gomez rarely penalty killed in last half of season due to his horrid defensive play.His 38 pt year is not an anomoly, he is fading. He may get 45 pts this year at max. Dude is finished

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 07-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old
07-14-2011, 10:56 AM
AntonCH

If we are to believe the guys at Vestiare.ca, PG is presently working on 2 files
1) the signing of Josh Gorges
2) replacing Pouliot
or as they put it, replcing what they hoped Pouliot would be: a 3rd line guy with size that could step up into a top 6 role when need be

Old
07-14-2011, 11:00 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
If we are to believe the guys at Vestiare.ca, PG is presently working on 2 files
1) the signing of Josh Gorges
2) replacing Pouliot
or as they put it, replcing what they hoped Pouliot would be: a 3rd line guy with size that could step up into a top 6 role when need be
They already have two of them. Either AK or Cole will be able to play 3rd line minutes. With the Cole contract, I expect him to make the top 6, but slumps ect he can be swapped out with AK, either or on the 3rd line would be dynamite.

Closed Thread