HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think I'm one of a select few who can't get psyched up about sitting in the cold in the upper deck of the right field bleachers to watch a hockey game with binoculars...at the opposing teams' stadium to boot. I'll absolutely watch it on TV...just not sure I want to make the trek out to the city of brotherly love to watch what is generally a poor hockey game. Guess I'm getting old. lol
Well I'm 18 and I feel the same way so it's not just you lol. Would rather save my money and go to the games at the Coliseum or Rock.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
nyrmetros

Nothing better than standing in the cold with a rum flask watching the blueshirts and their supporters take the pi$$ to Philly.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
My rep told me Flyers STH have first chance, then Rangers STH, then Phillies STH. Anything left goes to the lottery for the general public.
I called on Friday. Was told they didn't have any information yet, but would call me when they know. Didn't speak to my rep, spoke to a woman named Caroline, I believe.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:18 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Stubhub has a new map up for MSG. They're calling all the lower bowl sections "Promenade"

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Rangerscup4ever

Season ticket holders

Thinking about finally becoming a season ticket holder!!! Tell me what section u sit in the garden, for how many years, and how do u like the views from the section... If I decide to get the seats they would be in a 100's section behind the net the rangers shoot twice.... Thanks in advance!!!!

Rangerscup4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Rangerscup4ever

I forgot to add.... I now go to about 20 games a year.... I sit all over the place... I'm sure by face I know some of u guys already!!!!

Old
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscup4ever View Post
Thinking about finally becoming a season ticket holder!!! Tell me what section u sit in the garden, for how many years, and how do u like the views from the section... If I decide to get the seats they would be in a 100's section behind the net the rangers shoot twice.... Thanks in advance!!!!
As long as you are relatively close to the glass the 8th Ave end is a good seat. I was in the last row of the 200s at the bad end (7th Ave.) when I started out as a season subscriber ~10 years ago. While it was cool to be able to see the players breaking out in formation down the ice, the problem was seeing the action at the opposite end. Considering that I had to wait to see the red light come on before I knew we had scored pretty often, I got out of there the following season. At least on the 8th Ave end you'll only lose out on 1 period of Rangers attack.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Rangerscup4ever

Quote:
As long as you are relatively close to the glass the 8th Ave end is a good seat. I was in the last row of the 200s at the bad end (7th Ave.) when I started out as a season subscriber ~10 years ago. While it was cool to be able to see the players breaking out in formation down the ice, the problem was seeing the action at the opposite end. Considering that I had to wait to see the red light come on before I knew we had scored pretty often, I got out of there the following season. At least on the 8th Ave end you'll only lose out on 1 period of Rangers attack.
Yeah I know what u mean about the other end viewing... But hopefully with the new and improved steep style seating of the lower bowl the opposite ice views will be better!!!

What section are u in now?? How do u like the view??

Old
07-14-2011, 09:44 AM
RidinwitdaKING

The lower Bowl steepness/Angle is unchanged. Upstairs will be moderately steeper.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Rangerscup4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
The lower Bowl steepness/Angle is unchanged. Upstairs will be moderately steeper.
I think there has to be steep seating row by row in the lower level.... Otherwise how do u improve the sight lines???? Every new arena these days has row by row steep seating....

Old
07-14-2011, 10:15 AM
RidinwitdaKING

they are not changing the angle of the lower bowl. If they tell you otherwise RUN AWAY don't walk!

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:31 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I think there has to be steep seating row by row in the lower level.... Otherwise how do u improve the sight lines???? Every new arena these days has row by row steep seating....
Remember that the new upper bowl will be raised about 10 feet as a result of the new mid level suites that will run all the way around the garden. Those seats will then be more sloped to improve the sight lines and keep patrons closer to the ice. As posted above, the new lower bowl will maintain virtually the same slope as present.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Rangerscup4ever

Quote:
Remember that the new upper bowl will be raised about 10 feet as a result of the new mid level suites that will run all the way around the garden. Those seats will then be more sloped to improve the sight lines and keep patrons closer to the ice. As posted above, the new lower bowl will maintain virtually the same slope as present.
So basically... Lower bowl seating will still have rose bowl seating.... Whereas the top bowl(current 300 and 400 level) will have steep row by row seating closer to the ice... Hard to imagine... Lol.... I guess I see for myself on October 27

Old
07-14-2011, 10:45 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
So basically... Lower bowl seating will still have rose bowl seating.... Whereas the top bowl(current 300 and 400 level) will have steep row by row seating closer to the ice... Hard to imagine... Lol.... I guess I see for myself on October 27
Yeah, nothing like seeing it in person...but until then you can look at the renderings.

http://msgtransformation.com/Transformation.aspx#

Old
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Rangerscup4ever

Quote:
Yeah, nothing like seeing it in person...but until then you can look at the renderings.

http://msgtransformation.com/Transformation.aspx#
Hard to believe the new 100's will have the same space between the rows as the current seating....

Old
07-14-2011, 11:46 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Stubhub has a new map up for MSG. They're calling all the lower bowl sections "Promenade"

Interesting to see that 500's section disappeared. Don't know what that was about anyway.

And just to restate what everyone was saying, the lower bowl is staying at the same angle. I'd recommend looking at the virtual seating chart to get a feel for how some seats would look. If you're in the corners in the lower bowl, the boards closest to you and the corners probably will still be tough to see.

rangers2011.io-media.com

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
I sat in what was previously section 115 for 5 years. Its now converted to section 112 in the new layout. The section is similar to where you'll be, directly behind the goal that the Rangers shoot on 2 times a game.

The views were great when the play was down on our end of the ice. People in the section were friendly with some regular season ticket holders as well as players friends/family sitting in the section regularly (not sure where they will be now).

I would say the only two negatives which took some getting used to...

1 - action at the other end of the ice. You just had to train yourself to look up and watch it on the overhead.

2 - idiots standing up infront of you to watch action along the boards. A spilt beer or two down someone's back typically solved this issue.

Overall though, really liked the view and the section. I would have stayed in the newly formed section 112 but wanted aisle seats so am instead in 102 this upcoming season.

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
I sat in what was previously section 115 for 5 years. Its now converted to section 112 in the new layout. The section is similar to where you'll be, directly behind the goal that the Rangers shoot on 2 times a game.

The views were great when the play was down on our end of the ice. People in the section were friendly with some regular season ticket holders as well as players friends/family sitting in the section regularly (not sure where they will be now).

I would say the only two negatives which took some getting used to...

1 - action at the other end of the ice. You just had to train yourself to look up and watch it on the overhead.

2 - idiots standing up infront of you to watch action along the boards. A spilt beer or two down someone's back typically solved this issue.

Overall though, really liked the view and the section. I would have stayed in the newly formed section 112 but wanted aisle seats so am instead in 102 this upcoming season.
You traded 112 for 102 to get an aisle?

Old
07-14-2011, 12:42 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Interesting to see that 500's section disappeared. Don't know what that was about anyway.
This map here is for the first half of 2011-12. The second half will have a different configuration, and 2012-13 will have at least yet another configuration (possibly with those 500's). This is going to cause stubhub all kinds of problems this year

Old
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
You traded 112 for 102 to get an aisle?
Heh yeah its sad but let me just add, its so much easier to sell aisle tickets than it is middle of the row tickets. I split my tickets with my friend's law firm and clients like sitting on the aisle, regardless of the end of the ice its on.

Most of my tickets throughout the year are sold in one form or another since I go to around 20 or so games on broker tickets as a client. 8 rows from the ice with aisle seats sell a bit better (even on the defending end) go a bit better than 11 rows back with middle of the row seats.

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Heh yeah its sad but let me just add, its so much easier to sell aisle tickets than it is middle of the row tickets. I split my tickets with my friend's law firm and clients like sitting on the aisle, regardless of the end of the ice its on.

Most of my tickets throughout the year are sold in one form or another since I go to around 20 or so games on broker tickets as a client. 8 rows from the ice with aisle seats sell a bit better (even on the defending end) go a bit better than 11 rows back with middle of the row seats.
I hear you. The average person buying tickets has no idea that there's a good end and a bad end. At least we have a pretty good goalie that you can enjoy watching when you do go.

Old
07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
40K is small compared to other Winter Classics.
The WC was already played in Fenway and Wrigley which have fewer seats. They could have seated 30k or so more in the football stadium if the scheduling had worked out.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 04:51 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Detailed map of late 2011 MSG, concert config:
http://www.thegarden.com/events/medi...ybrid-2011.pdf

Includes sections 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 "West Bridge Seating"

Old
07-18-2011, 01:32 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Hey guys!

I didnīt know where I should post the following so Iīll post it here. If itīs wrong, please Mods do move it in the right thread!

A friend of mine visits Canada in January and is in Toronto when the Rangers play there.
He had tried to get tickets but wasnīt that lucky with it. So I telled him that I ask you for any informations, ideas or some help with it.

Thanks for your upcoming replies!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 06:12 AM
nyrmetros

Anyone speak to their reps recently?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote