HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade with CBJ

Old
07-14-2011, 05:50 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Trade with CBJ

Wojtek Wolski and Eric Christensen to CBJ for D prospect Nick Logan, one of FW prospects Tomáš Kubalík or Maksim Mayorov and Columbus 2012 4th round pick (a conditional 2nd rounder if Wolski resigns there).
Fair value???
Would free up a lot of space to deal some more - if desireable.
Need another Big guy on D in the AHL, Logan would fit that bill.
Resign Prospal for a million and the RFAs (Dubi & Cally at 22,5 for 5 years each & Boyle at 1,6 M per at 2 years)
Look hard into a bigger trade for a top line LW and vet on D...
Have some space at the deadline to upgrade som SC run pieces.
Seems like an opportunity to me.
Much better than a buyout at least...

Last edited by BBKers: 07-14-2011 at 05:57 AM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:23 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

no TOOTS?

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:24 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Interesting move. Not sure if Columbus would want Christensen, but I could see Wolski being somewhat of interest with Huselius' injury.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:39 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers are past the point of collecting young assets. They have to starting winning. Not abandoning the youth movement or the young players but they need to start becoming a competitive team. Trade for which top line LW? There aren't any available. Just like the people on the main board looking for a top six center. Where?

The Rangers have to room to re-sign their three remaining group II's and add a vet D for a $1M per(subtract Christensen's $925,000 in another deal)and they still have nearly $2.5M for the rest of the season. The Drury buyout gives them that space.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:47 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers are past the point of collecting young assets. They have to starting winning. Not abandoning the youth movement or the young players but they need to start becoming a competitive team. Trade for which top line LW? There aren't any available. Just like the people on the main board looking for a top six center. Where?

The Rangers have to room to re-sign their three remaining group II's and add a vet D for a $1M per(subtract Christensen's $925,000 in another deal)and they still have nearly $2.5M for the rest of the season. The Drury buyout gives them that space.
I can agree with you to a point - but:

1) You can never have too many assets in any kind of business
2) Having lots of young assets available at the deadline to add real pieces to our intact core would be a good thing to posess. Probably more value than the players what I proposed getting rid of...

However, attaining them might be an entirely different story altogether...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Agreed with RB. Time to start acquiring talent to help us win now.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:49 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Wojtek Wolski and Eric Christensen to CBJ for D prospect Nick Logan, one of FW prospects Tomáš Kubalík or Maksim Mayorov and Columbus 2012 4th round pick (a conditional 2nd rounder if Wolski resigns there).
Fair value???
Would free up a lot of space to deal some more - if desireable.
Need another Big guy on D in the AHL, Logan would fit that bill.
Resign Prospal for a million and the RFAs (Dubi & Cally at 22,5 for 5 years each & Boyle at 1,6 M per at 2 years)
Look hard into a bigger trade for a top line LW and vet on D...
Have some space at the deadline to upgrade som SC run pieces.
Seems like an opportunity to me.
Much better than a buyout at least...
After the Huselius injury, I could see CB jumping on someone like Wolski. The trade seems pretty even, but I actually think we can get more for Wolski. I personally wouldn't trade him unless it was worth it, and this package wouldn't be. I'd rather just trade EC for a prospect/pick.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:56 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Agreed with RB. Time to start acquiring talent to help us win now.
This type of trade could potentially aide in doing that by clearing cap space. Then, team can add a high-priced winger if desired.

Old
07-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I am not sold on trading Wolski. Lets be honest, he was not used correctly last year at all. He has consistency problems, but he is a very skilled player.

I think that if they use him in the top 6 next year and he gains some confidence early on, we might see him earn that 3.8 million.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:10 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I am not sold on trading Wolski. Lets be honest, he was not used correctly last year at all.
How so? He was played with Gaborik right off the bat, started off strong, and fell off. He was playing extremely ineffective and unintelligent hockey for the most part, thus forcing Tortorella to significantly lower his ice time. Wolski is the only reason for that.

Old
07-14-2011, 07:14 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This type of trade could potentially aide in doing that by clearing cap space. Then, team can add a high-priced winger if desired.
Potentially. If there's a deal out there to be made that would be predicated on first making a deal like this, go for it. If not, it just seems like making a trade for the sake of making a trade. Otherwise, I'd rather give Wolski his shot this year than move him out for prospect depth.

It's just pain.
Old
07-14-2011, 07:20 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Potentially. If there's a deal out there to be made that would be predicated on first making a deal like this, go for it. If not, it just seems like making a trade for the sake of making a trade. Otherwise, I'd rather give Wolski his shot this year than move him out for prospect depth.
I agree with that. That's a situation where it would make sense to do this deal; I could see why other people wouldn't want to do it otherwise, but I just can't stand players like Wolski, so I'd do it regardless.

Old
07-14-2011, 07:26 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'm not a fan of Wolski either. I don't think his brand of hockey is a good fit for the club. However, I think the potential production he brings to the table if he "clicks" this year is of far greater value to the club than a fourth rounder or a mid-level prospect. I have no problem moving Wolski, but I'd prefer it to be for something that will help us now. If we can't include him in such a deal, then I'd rather hold onto him--unless course he's the first domino to fall on a larger deal.

Old
07-14-2011, 07:33 AM
UAGoalieGuy

A move like this would happen before a move was made to bring in a younger top 6 LW. Until one of those become available, I see the Rangers going with WW at least to start the season.

May be to bring in Parise! Hahaha one can wish. Never going to happen.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Wolski for Smyth at the deadline...just a thought

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:41 AM
bernmeister

If moving Wolski and Christiansen can be had without adding real salary commitments the other way, its worth it to recover cap space alone. If the prospects produce anything it would be a plus.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

How about Wolski for Tyutin straight up?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
If moving Wolski and Christiansen can be had without adding real salary commitments the other way, its worth it to recover cap space alone. If the prospects produce anything it would be a plus.
Why though? Unless we have a second trade lined up, we don't need cap space. I'd rather take a gamble on a big season from Wolski than sit on another $3.5M in free cap space.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:47 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
How about Wolski for Tyutin straight up?
I don't see the incentive in that deal for Columbus; they're set on defense, and Tyutin is a huge part of why their defense is set; moving him creates a rather large hole.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:54 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm not a fan of Wolski either. I don't think his brand of hockey is a good fit for the club. However, I think the potential production he brings to the table if he "clicks" this year is of far greater value to the club than a fourth rounder or a mid-level prospect. I have no problem moving Wolski, but I'd prefer it to be for something that will help us now. If we can't include him in such a deal, then I'd rather hold onto him--unless course he's the first domino to fall on a larger deal.
Personally, if you can get anything of value for Wolski, I move him and re-sign Prospal. Not only does Wolski not seem to fit on our roster, but with a $4m qualifier, even a halfway-decent season out of him will probably see him reach UFA, because we won't be qualifying him.

Move him for something, and bring back Prospal. Then, alternate Prospal and Fedotenko on the Richards - Gaborik line as Torts sees fit to keep Prospal fresh for the playoffs.

Prospal/Fedotenko - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko/Prospal - Stepan - Zuccarello
Rupp - Boyle - Prust
Avery/Christensen

[EDIT: Assuming no rookies make it -- if any show they are readying you can adjust accordingly]

Prospal's wheels may be falling off, but he showed that he is still capable of putting up very good numbers and showing up when it counts.

You then have significant cap space to pursue a LW during the season or via UFA next year.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:54 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
I don't see the incentive in that deal for Columbus; they're set on defense, and Tyutin is a huge part of why their defense is set; moving him creates a rather large hole.
I read Toots may be odd man out there. Don't think he's considered that big a piece.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I know everyone seems very low on wolski but hes better than any other option out there and if we make a trade for someone to fit into the top 6 its going to require some good prospects/players that people arent going to want to give up. Especially if that player isnt head and shoulders better than Wolski.

Im on the complete polar opposite of alot of fans on here about Wolski. The kid had one bad season when he normally puts up 45-50pts. Which is 2nd line material. During the season he WASNT used correctly. He was put with gabby for about a couple periods a game but that was it. The only other times he was used right was with Zucca and Stepan when he had 12pts in 18games, then in the playoffs when he was put with Prust and Boyle. The guy is extremley skilled offensively and NEEDS to be put in that situation to succeed. Id personally love to see what he can do this year, rather than giving up on him after half a season and selling him off for prospects/picks that wont help us as much as Wolski.

I feel like this is going to be his year to break out and i cant wait till he proves alot of you wrong. And if im wrong, then i guess it just costs us pretty much nothing except 3.8m in capspace that we get back anyway at the end of the season.

Wolski seems like he finally found a place where he can call home with teammates that he has become friends with ex- Boyle, Prust and so forth. Since he played with Boyle it looks as though he finally understands that it takes hard work and practice in order to be more successful in the NHL. He has all the talent in the world and yes not a great hockey IQ but he does have hockey sense. Im a firm believer that what underhill did with Boyle, she can do with Wolski and really help him to revamp his game. With proper skating techniques, he can be more agile, faster to the puck and places on the ice, where he can utilize his world class talent. This plus a full training camp with torts and i honestly believe he can something special this year.

This goes out to the same people who think Boyle is a one hit wonder. Yea he may never score 40pts a season, but he wasnt a 1st round pick for nothing. He has great size and skill and last year everyone saw that combined with him FINALLY being able to skate correctly. With more work under Underhill he wont be reverting back to his old habits as much during the season and could even become a better skater for this season

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:07 AM
freewheeler

Quote:
They just lost Huselius, and was not Tyutin benched for large stretches last year?

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:07 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I know everyone seems very low on wolski but hes better than any other option out there and if we make a trade for someone to fit into the top 6 its going to require some good prospects/players that people arent going to want to give up. Especially if that player isnt head and shoulders better than Wolski.

Im on the complete polar opposite of alot of fans on here about Wolski. The kid had one bad season when he normally puts up 45-50pts. Which is 2nd line material. During the season he WASNT used correctly. He was put with gabby for about a couple periods a game but that was it. The only other times he was used right was with Zucca and Stepan when he had 12pts in 18games, then in the playoffs when he was put with Prust and Boyle. The guy is extremley skilled offensively and NEEDS to be put in that situation to succeed. Id personally love to see what he can do this year, rather than giving up on him after half a season and selling him off for prospects/picks that wont help us as much as Wolski.

I feel like this is going to be his year to break out and i cant wait till he proves alot of you wrong. And if im wrong, then i guess it just costs us pretty much nothing except 3.8m in capspace that we get back anyway at the end of the season.

Wolski seems like he finally found a place where he can call home with teammates that he has become friends with ex- Boyle, Prust and so forth. Since he played with Boyle it looks as though he finally understands that it takes hard work and practice in order to be more successful in the NHL. He has all the talent in the world and yes not a great hockey IQ but he does have hockey sense. Im a firm believer that what underhill did with Boyle, she can do with Wolski and really help him to revamp his game. With proper skating techniques, he can be more agile, faster to the puck and places on the ice, where he can utilize his world class talent. This plus a full training camp with torts and i honestly believe he can something special this year.

This goes out to the same people who think Boyle is a one hit wonder. Yea he may never score 40pts a season, but he wasnt a 1st round pick for nothing. He has great size and skill and last year everyone saw that combined with him FINALLY being able to skate correctly. With more work under Underhill he wont be reverting back to his old habits as much during the season and could even become a better skater for this season
The issue with Wolski isn't points. It's everything else. Even if he goes out there and puts up the points, he's shown that he's not willing to battle (even in the playoffs, in close games). Torts will not stand for that, and Wolski will find himself relegated to low minutes or even being the healthy scratch.

Unless you believe that Wolski is going to approach the game with a new attitude next season, I don't see how you could think that he's actually going to get prime ice time. And, if he's not going to get prime ice time, his value is significantly diminished, because he won't even be putting up points.

While you aren't likely going to find a long-term solution via the current UFA or trade market, I think it's unlikely that Wolski is a long term solution either (due to his qualifier and willingness to compete). Therefore, if you're comparing Wolski for a year vs. Prospal for a year, Prospal makes a lot more sense as a stopgap until Kreider, etc. are ready.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Personally, if you can get anything of value for Wolski, I move him and re-sign Prospal. Not only does Wolski not seem to fit on our roster, but with a $4m qualifier, even a halfway-decent season out of him will probably see him reach UFA, because we won't be qualifying him.

Move him for something, and bring back Prospal. Then, alternate Prospal and Fedotenko on the Richards - Gaborik line as Torts sees fit to keep Prospal fresh for the playoffs.

Prospal/Fedotenko - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko/Prospal - Stepan - Zuccarello
Rupp - Boyle - Prust
Avery/Christensen

[EDIT: Assuming no rookies make it -- if any show they are readying you can adjust accordingly]

Prospal's wheels may be falling off, but he showed that he is still capable of putting up very good numbers and showing up when it counts.

You then have significant cap space to pursue a LW during the season or via UFA next year.
Hell no! prospal is old and cant skate PERIOD! i dont care what he did for the final 29games of the season. Until he can stay healthy and put up pts for the ENTIRE season then he needs to stay away. The guy completley fell apart in the playoffs and cant keep up with the pace of the nhl. Hes like Brendan Shannahan. Everyone loves him but he just cant play in the nhl anymore. I dont have much of a problem if he comes back for cheap and can come in and play once in awhile but to rely on him to be healthy all year is a god awful idea.

I dont see us sigining a vet defender as our 5-7dman and therefor saving 1.5m on the cap. So we would be about alittle more than 2m under the cap. Which by the trade deadline will allow us to add up to 4m in cap in a trade. There is no reason at all to get rid of wolski for garbage. Thats ****** asset management.

By the way who cares what his QO is.. He is a stop gap for this season until Krieder and Thomas are ready to come in, which sounds like it will be next year. If we dont want him next year we dont have to keep him. Everyone makes his contract out to be so horrible but yet its only for 1 year.

Id rather stick with the youth and see what we have and who fits to be able to make a trade for a top 6 player and so forth.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote