HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty on the comeback trail

Old
07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
How can patches have forgiven Chara? WTH.
Shows maturity, unlike so many 22 year olds.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
ruski17

Just sign a convicted murderer to the team as a backup goalie and then the other teams will stop bullying us around...

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

One thing's for sure... Pac will probably be a serious candidate for the Masterton.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:26 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
One thing's for sure... Pac will probably be a serious candidate for the Masterton.
Horton will get it for having a lesser injury and being a Bruin.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
Just sign a convicted murderer to the team as a backup goalie and then the other teams will stop bullying us around...
I can ask Mike Danton if he wants to play for the Canadiens if you want?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Horton will get it for having a lesser injury and being a Bruin.
Yeah, pretty much sums it up

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:25 PM
OneSharpMarble

I wonder how many cheap shots and runs will be taken before some of you open your eyes. They were gunning hard to injure Subban last year and they will be again this year, count on it. If they take him out I wonder how many of you will still rather "stay classy" and "take the high road" while cherry announces on tv that he "asked for it" and "had it coming" because of his play.

What is it going to take for this team/managment to show some backbone and draw a line in the sand?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:29 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I wonder how many cheap shots and runs will be taken before some of you open your eyes. They were gunning hard to injure Subban last year and they will be again this year, count on it. If they take him out I wonder how many of you will still rather "stay classy" and "take the high road" while cherry announces on tv that he "asked for it" and "had it coming" because of his play.

What is it going to take for this team/managment to show some backbone and draw a line in the sand?
I think it may be why:

1) They kept Gill.
2) Drafted Tinordi.
3) Traded for Blumden.
4) Kept White over Pyatt.

That said, doesn't happen over night.

Your analysis is correct. The NHL is a bush league and "taking the high road" and "taking revenge by winning" is a fantasy. There is no choice but to fight back, and that is the business model supported by the owners.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:29 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Don't know probably about as much as it would take for the league to start actually enforcing their own rules and properly suspending people. Somebody would have to die.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:34 PM
PATCHESx67

PacMan

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:38 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Don't know probably about as much as it would take for the league to start actually enforcing their own rules and properly suspending people. Somebody would have to die.
Bob Probert died in his early 40s, and all those players with concussions have lower life expectancies.

It's equivalent to someone having died already in genuine reality, just not in image and perception.

Old
07-14-2011, 01:38 PM
BINYON
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I can ask Mike Danton if he wants to play for the Canadiens if you want?

He's in Europe now, isnt he? Know he was playing for the Huskies for a couple years tho.

BINYON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
This.

It's also the leagues responsibility to actually enforce rules. I like tough hockey, but what the B's do isn't tough, it's blatant disregard and disrespect for other players.
Besides, there isn't a player in the league that can physically handle Chara. If he is gong to break rules, the league must react.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 03:54 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Exactly! This is the kind of humiliation I don't want to see next season. It was so frustrating to watch.
Yeah what a humiliation!! The Habs up 5-1 on the Bruins in a hockey game, I wouldn't want anybody to see this

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:59 PM
HeShootsHeScores

And while we are still talking **** about that hit, the Bruins players are celebrating with the cup and their family and friends with plenty of money, one after the other, not remembering who is Max Pacioretty and not really giving a damn about the fact we were one goal away from eleminating them.. That's what's actually the worst thing about the fact they won the cup the same year they acted the most classless and stupid.

HeShootsHeScores is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
And while we are still talking **** about that hit, the Bruins players are celebrating with the cup and their family and friends with plenty of money, one after the other, not remembering who is Max Pacioretty and not really giving a damn about the fact we were one goal away from eleminating them.. That's what's actually the worst thing about the fact they won the cup the same year they acted the most classless and stupid.
Right, but the particular game where the hit happened, they lost 4-1, so it's ok.

Old
07-14-2011, 05:35 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Bob Probert died in his early 40s, and all those players with concussions have lower life expectancies.

It's equivalent to someone having died already in genuine reality, just not in image and perception.
And that's exactly the problem. It's in the news but 25000 people didn't see it at a live event.

I'm certain if it ever happens in UFC it will be bad publicity big time.

Same for in hockey. And just for the record guys I don't care that Montreal doesn't get a fair shake on the media side of things due to being French. I actually like it if only because I like being the underdog not necessarily in terms of how good our team is but in the way peoples bias negative view of us is as a team.

It gives our guys a little fuel for the tank, a little thing worth fighting for. We never get a fair shot with the media. If a Boston guy gets hurt it's "poor Savard his career could be over". If a Montreal guy gets hurt it's an "unfortunate hockey play, an interference call and nothing more. Pacioretty shouldn't have asked for it, did you see what he was wearing? He asked for it!"

It's beyond ridiculous. The problem is the NHL is so handcuffed by the fact that they don't want our sport exposed as a dangerous and/or violent sport, that they succumb to letting people off on suspensions to try and downplay injuries. It's borderline ****ing ridiculous. The rules aren't being used properly and they're left up to discretion of some old man who played hockey back when all that stuff was all good.

We need people who are educated about concussions and unbias as possible to do this kind of stuff, as a committee. Anyways end rant, **** the Bruins, Pacioretty rules Chara is an ogre and **** the NHL.

HFBoards gets the nod as usual though

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Agreed and that's why we have to win the cup soon. We can't re-write history but we can fix an injustice that took place. If we won the cup next year (pipe dream I know) it wouldn't erase the Bruins cup but it'd be a serious slap in the face. And with Pacioretty being a key factor it would be incredible. Hoisting the cup that we likely could have at least caused them to not win had we had Patches. It would just prove all I ever needed to know that Boston are a bunch of cheaters and they scammed their cup by injuring Patches, avoiding penalty, cheap shotting their way to a cup in general, etc.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
x2

This will happen again this year unless Gauthier get's more toughness!
This will happen regardless of whether or not there's a tough guy on the team. It's something we will need to live with and wait for someone in the league to have a more strict stance on criminal acts.

Knocking someone unconscious should not be the way to win a poker match.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:43 PM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It gives our guys a little fuel for the tank, a little thing worth fighting for. We never get a fair shot with the media. If a Boston guy gets hurt it's "poor Savard his career could be over". If a Montreal guy gets hurt it's an "unfortunate hockey play, an interference call and nothing more. Pacioretty shouldn't have asked for it, did you see what he was wearing? He asked for it!"
It's worse than that when a guy like Recchi can call Pacioretty a faker without a single voice of dissent from his team and organization and even his city's media. That attitude that every concussion is the same is stupid, and as long as players of Recchi's brand of character call the legitimacy of serious concussions into question, players aren't going to get any safer.

I thought that if Chara, the guy who hurt Pacioretty and spokesman for his organization and captain of a team affected by concussions was legimately sorry and regretted the extent injury to Pacioretty, he might have disagreed or tried to inject some common sense into Recchi's disgusting debate over fakery, but he didn't. It's okay, his silence said more than enough.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:08 PM
habsjunkie2*

I wish their were more young kids with the heart and desire of Max Pacioretty. If anyone can make a full recovery, I'd bet on him.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:44 PM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
No, but a goon could sure as hell given him a pounding post hit.

To be honest, I couldn't care less for a goon, what I expected was for the team to take the fine, clear the ****ing bench, and rush the ogre.

An all out brawl... stand up for your ****ing teammates, take impulsive decisions and live with the consequences.

Better to live with remorse than regret.
Yea and then our whole team gets automatic 10 games suspension for coming off the bench for a fight, then we play 10 games with the Bulldogs, lose all 10 and play ourselves right out of the playoffs. Great idea!

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Another great reason we got Cole, a guy who's been through a similar injury & can mentor Pax, who's a fellow USA citizen. The plans all coming together...

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 07:47 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Pacioretty is going to be a star for years to come and I still think that the hit was intentional and Chara meant to do it, I also think that the Bruins players were happy it happened.

Lastly, this will make Pacioretty a better and stronger player and I still believe (since his first training camp in Montreal) that he is capable of being a 40 goal scorer in this leage with the right centre.
I'm thinking the same.
Pacioretty will make him pay. Par la bouche de son bâton.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Lafleurr

"I think he felt sorry for what he did," Pacioretty said. "You can definitely forgive someone who admits they made a mistake rather than just say it was my fault or something like that. It was good to talk to him."

Forgive and forget, move on. Obviously we will play the Bruins and other teams again and again and things we don't like will continue to happen. It's part of the game. I was just as angered by it as the next guy/gal but let's just hope for the best and not narrow the game to getting revenge physically. It's not about that. Let's wish Patches a good year and take his words about the incident to heart. He's got character and he will show it once he hits the ice again.

Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:03 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
If anything NYI did what they did to sell tickets; get some kind of fan interest in that sh**y AHL team. But yea of course i'm wrong, because it was for all for "honor".
but to be fair, that was one of the most entertaining games i've seen in a loooong time.

plus, seeing the pens get the **** beat our of them was hilarious to say the least

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote