HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Locker room blueprint / construction progress

Old
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post

And where's the sharks with frickin' laser beams?
BZK, thanks for a hearty laugh after the ********* night I've had in a couple years.

Two beers for you if we ever meet!!!

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armond White View Post
awesome

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
In his Q&A session (see Sabres.com for the video), Black answered a question about what impact the locker room changes may have in sending a message around the league by responding, "...whether it makes a difference in luring the premier free agent, I don't think so, but it will be a factor to take notice of in the decision process."

Obviously, it's human nature to hear what we want to hear, but the bold-faced reference sounded encouraging IMO in that, by everyone's account, Richards is considered the stand-out free agent this summer above everyone else. Black's reference to it seemed to suggest that either he's aware of the talk/speculation surrounding Richards at the moment and/or the Sabres have been talking internally about possible plans to go after him.
Little overboard on that one I think, 'tip

He was probably just speaking in generalities... like the Great White Buffalo.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
awesome
I'm so glad it has made it to avatar form.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

some pictures of the renovations

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/gallery.h...id=DL|BUF|home

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:44 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I'm so happy to be a Sabres fan
GUILTY!

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Sabretip

New video update on Sabres.com of the construction progress:

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|BUF|home

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:

looks like an unreal atmosphere to be around

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:03 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

Very cool. I have to wonder ... What the heck was taking all this space up before? No it wasn't Larry Quinns ego or Golisano's millions

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:27 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

I want that Sabres hard hat.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Gerard View Post
looks like an unreal atmosphere to be around
From the look of it, they'll probably have drywall installed in another 2 weeks, afterwhich a lot of the painting and floor finishes would start appearing. I didn't see much new ductwork or mechanical / lighting in place yet, which must be happening very soon.

Still, if mid-September is the goal for completion, it looks about right for where they are now in mid-July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
Very cool. I have to wonder ... What the heck was taking all this space up before? No it wasn't Larry Quinns ego or Golisano's millions
Quote:
The work will increase the size of the Sabres locker room by 76 percent, allowing for more off-ice work out space and expanded video rooms needed by the teamís coaching staff. The playerís lounge has also been enlarged. In hard numbers, the revamped locker room ó designed by Grand Islandís Cannon Design ó will increase to 15,220-square-feet from its current 8,644-square-feet.

Also being expanded, by 8.6 percent, is the visiting playerís locker room, which is growing to 3,511-square-feet from 3,230-square-feet. A new post-game interview room is also being constructed as are other facilities.
http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...-upgrades.html

Not sure but I thought I read/heard Black say somewhere in his overview of the renovations that a lot of storage and office space was being reduced....?

Old
07-14-2011, 01:14 PM
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk

vCash: 632
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
Wasn't some of the space used by the Aerospace Museum?

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...sbc-arena.html

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 01:56 PM
rabi

yes...how did people miss that?

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBizinuez View Post
I want that Sabres hard hat.
LOL, i was thinking the same thing.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:52 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Unbelieveable. Those graphs showing the difference from last year to next year, really shocked me, it's such a drastic change. I can't see how people can continue to put down Buffalo and say it's not an attractive place for players to go with moves like this that every player will absolutely love. Anyone know if this is the biggest player locker room in the league?

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 09:36 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
Unbelieveable. Those graphs showing the difference from last year to next year, really shocked me, it's such a drastic change. I can't see how people can continue to put down Buffalo and say it's not an attractive place for players to go with moves like this that every player will absolutely love. Anyone know if this is the biggest player locker room in the league?
dont quote me, but i think i remember Black saying only Vancouvers will be bigger

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Sabretip

What I found interesting was the description of what the players will pass coming off the ice and heading back out - on one side is a wall displaying all the retired jerseys of former Sabre greats, and on the opposite wall is the Sabres Hall of Fame display.

Not exactly of the magnitude that Montreal has in their locker room with images of all the legends that played for them but, with the emphasis on an illuminated logo on the wall entering the locker room, still a nice way to instill pride in the sweater and history of the franchise. I liked the concept too that the circular logo on the floor in the middle of the locker room will be mimicked by a similar logo in the ceiling above.

Also interesting how far apart Ruff's office and the offices of the assistant coaches are from the locker room. Instead, their offices seem to be right next to the general media room where he'll hold his press conferences.

Old
07-15-2011, 06:46 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
From the look of it, they'll probably have drywall installed in another 2 weeks, afterwhich a lot of the painting and floor finishes would start appearing. I didn't see much new ductwork or mechanical / lighting in place yet, which must be happening very soon.

Still, if mid-September is the goal for completion, it looks about right for where they are now in mid-July.
To tell the truth, when Darcy smacked a hole in the wall...I thought to myself, oh noes this won't be done in time.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Pass McGass

vCash: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
These moves are being made literally right now. So right at this moment, who from around the league is saying that?

The Sabre players themselves must be pretty excited about this; especially the vets that have been around here for a while. I like that Mr. Pegula and Mr. Black took player suggestions into consideration when drawing up the blueprints-- they've gotta be sorta giddy about it. (I know I am and I will probably never step foot inside)

Pass McGass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass McGass View Post
These moves are being made literally right now. So right at this moment, who from around the league is saying that?

The Sabre players themselves must be pretty excited about this; especially the vets that have been around here for a while. I like that Mr. Pegula and Mr. Black took player suggestions into consideration when drawing up the blueprints-- they've gotta be sorta giddy about it. (I know I am and I will probably never step foot inside)
IIRC, Black said that they included several of the players in the design process - certainly, as the architect explains in the latest video tour, the seating of the two goalies in the locker room was designed with Miller's stated preference to be close to the passageway to the ice.

Old
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
IIRC, Black said that they included several of the players in the design process - certainly, as the architect explains in the latest video tour, the seating of the two goalies in the locker room was designed with Miller's stated preference to be close to the passageway to the ice.
After watching the renovated locker room video, I went back and checked out some of the old pressers, including the Rochester affiliation conference.

I'm telling you, Darcy looks like a little kid on Christmas morning. I suppose he's probably always felt confident about his job since he's always been well-respected, but it seems like now he has a real chance to enter into Lou Lamiorello or Pat Riley territory as a franchise steward who produces nothing but success.

He's done a great job building teams before, but now that we actually have money? And not just salary money, but all this side money to do things like create the league's best facilities, have the best AHL affiliation program, coaching longevity, and an atmosphere that players want to be a part of? Damn, why wouldn't he be excited?

The optimism is infectious. We've always been a franchise that can develop great talent. Now we can go out and buy talent too? We have the league's best facilities? Players are talking about how they want to be a part of what Buffalo is building?

I'm not planning the parade or anything, but man they are opening eyes.

OT / FYI - I'm now re-watching the year-end presser, and man, Bucky is such a fat slob. I can't believe the man presents himself so poorly and yet still purports to maintain an air of professionalism.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 02:37 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Wow that locker room looks like it's going to be sick...A movie theater that seats the whole team ! Wow !

Man I think it would be cool if they gave tours of it...I'd love to go check it out in the off season.

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 03:14 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Wow that locker room looks like it's going to be sick...A movie theater that seats the whole team ! Wow !

Man I think it would be cool if they gave tours of it...I'd love to go check it out in the off season.
And with Pegula and Black at the helm, expect the unexpected. I don't think touring the new facility it totally out of the question. Or a very well done story and video footage by channel 2,4 or 7.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Looks like the Death Star! I love it!

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 04:09 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post

that's the first thing i thought of. let's start a petition.

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote