HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade with CBJ

Old
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason530 View Post
Seriously, anytime moving Wolski away for young prospect and picks is good. Adding Christensen for more assets in return is good.

There is no such thing of 'past the point to add young assets'. They can also be part of future trades, bad teams always want young and inexpensive players in return. In addition, there is nothing bad about having a wave after wave of young players coming up.
What type of picks and prospects do you think Wolski will fetch?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Maybe, but I don't see how he gets to the point of having his shortcomings overlooked (due to a career year), because unless he's absolute gangbuster out of the gate, I think those other shortcomings result in him relegated to bottom 6 minutes or the healthy scratch slot.
Maybe? what are you kidding? If he can score 60+ points ill gladly look the other way about his short comings because 50+ points means a very good 2nd line LW, which is exactly what we are all looking for.

Everyone has their own opinion on who or what Wolski we will see start of next season. I personally see this offseason as him finally over coming an obstacle that was standing in his own way from seeing that he cant coast in this league anymore and really needs to become a hardworking player both on and off the ice to be successful not just here with torts but anywhere.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
What type of picks and prospects do you think Wolski will fetch?
lol nothing worthwhile or worth giving him up for. His potential is far greater than anything we could recieve in a trade.

If people want to trade him so badly, just wait till the deadline till more teams will be willing to take a chance on him especially since its his last year of his contract and we could get more for him then

Old
07-14-2011, 02:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
lol nothing worthwhile or worth giving him up for. His potential is far greater than anything we could recieve in a trade.

If people want to trade him so badly, just wait till the deadline till more teams will be willing to take a chance on him especially since its his last year of his contract and we could get more for him then
Yeah, that's a big part of my point. We'd be trading him for pennies on the dollar. I'd rather hold onto him and hope he performs.

And if we want to move him, wait until camp or the first few weeks of the season, when demand will increase. Unless some big trade offer comes up and we need to move him, it's better to hold onto him for now.

Old
07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Maybe? what are you kidding? If he can score 60+ points ill gladly look the other way about his short comings because 50+ points means a very good 2nd line LW, which is exactly what we are all looking for.

Everyone has their own opinion on who or what Wolski we will see start of next season. I personally see this offseason as him finally over coming an obstacle that was standing in his own way from seeing that he cant coast in this league anymore and really needs to become a hardworking player both on and off the ice to be successful not just here with torts but anywhere.
What am I kidding? Did you even read my post?

I don't know how to make this any clearer: To score 50, let alone 60 points, Wolski would need to be given a lot of ice time. As I indicated in my post, if he doesn't completely change his approach to his game, he is not going to be given a lot of ice time by Torts.

That is all I was saying.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
This goes out to the same people who think Boyle is a one hit wonder. Yea he may never score 40pts a season, but he wasnt a 1st round pick for nothing. He has great size and skill and last year everyone saw that combined with him FINALLY being able to skate correctly. With more work under Underhill he wont be reverting back to his old habits as much during the season and could even become a better skater for this season
Is it confirmed anywhere that Boyle and Zucca is working with BU this summer?

I really hope Zucca deliver as a top six forward this season. I belive he will.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

I didn't think Wolski played all that bad when we acquired him and even in the playoffs. He had 2 assists in almost no ice time which wasn't too shabby at all. I have a feeling he really likes the guys on this team and enjoys the organization as a whole.

I've watched Wolski since he played for the Avs and though hes not the best defensively, Zherdev is a horrible comparison. Wolski seems like he gets into his own head too much, Zherdev never let anything in.

I'm a big advocate of giving this guy a chance. Hes got talent and he doesnt seem at all like the kind of locker room cancer that Zherdev can turn into. Give him a shot, let him play with some good players and see what he can do. No harm in that.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Is it confirmed anywhere that Boyle and Zucca is working with BU this summer?

I really hope Zucca deliver as a top six forward this season. I belive he will.
I believe the players that are working with her this summer from what i have read is Boyle, MDZ, and Wolski

Old
07-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Yeah, that's a big part of my point. We'd be trading him for pennies on the dollar. I'd rather hold onto him and hope he performs.

And if we want to move him, wait until camp or the first few weeks of the season, when demand will increase. Unless some big trade offer comes up and we need to move him, it's better to hold onto him for now.
I know sorry, my message was to help support what you were saying.

Old
07-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
What am I kidding? Did you even read my post?

I don't know how to make this any clearer: To score 50, let alone 60 points, Wolski would need to be given a lot of ice time. As I indicated in my post, if he doesn't completely change his approach to his game, he is not going to be given a lot of ice time by Torts.

That is all I was saying.
Yea i read your post and i whole heartedly disagree that he wont be given a chance to prove himself worthy of being in a top 6 role. If not honestly a third line of Wolski Stepan and someone else would work very well too since when they were together Wolski had 12pts in 18games.

My point that im making is that he will get that chance and i fully am open to giving him that shot. Doing what he is doing with BU and some of the other rangers players is showing he wants to be here, that he wants to grow as a player. That right there shows psychologically that he seems to "get it" and what he must do to be successful. It is NOT mandatory for players on the Rangers to work with Underhill. But Wolski has taken it upon HIMSELF to do so which shows maturity and a response to the fact that HE doesnt believe his play was up to par and needs to get better

Old
07-14-2011, 03:40 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
50 points? I am 100% sure you alredy have that in a 80 games skating Zuccarello.

Old
07-14-2011, 03:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I know sorry, my message was to help support what you were saying.
I know. I just never shut the hell up and always have something to add.

Old
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
I believe the players that are working with her this summer from what i have read is Boyle, MDZ, and Wolski
Edited

Last edited by fredrikstad: 07-14-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: dobbelposting
Old
07-14-2011, 04:04 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Here you have a picture of Boyle and Zucca working with Underhill this summer. it is taken 06-29.11
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...ts-zuccarello/

I am happy to see that he is.

Old
07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Here you have a picture of Boyle and Zucca working with Underhill this summer. it is taken 06-29.11
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...ts-zuccarello/

I am happy to see that he is.
Sorry i stand corrected and im glad Zucca is participating in that, hopefuly hell be better next year which would be great for our 3rd line to play with either Anisimov or Stepan