HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Belanger - Armstrong

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Parrish

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Belanger - Armstrong

I don't normally post on this board as I stay home on the Penguins board most the time. So, I'm sorry if this has been a topic recently. I don't mean to beet a dead horse. With Roenik,Demitra,Conroy all in town where does Armstrong and Brelanger fit in? Will Pavel Demitra play rw? How many points do you expect from Belanger,Armstrong? What lines will they play on. Is Armstrong finally going to get his chance or is he still just fill in material incase of injurys? I happen to like both players alot and have them on my fantasy team. I have Arron Asham and Lasse Pirjeta on the bench. Would you think I'm better off dressing one of them or Belanger? Thanks.

Old
09-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Chazz Reinhold

The way it's looking right now, Armstrong is going to be the 3rd line center with Robitaille and Bure. IMO, he can put up at least 30+ points with those guys. Belanger is probably going to be the 4th line center, but I think it'd be pretty hard to say how many points he's going to get.

Old
09-18-2005, 06:02 PM
guzmania

Looks like the job has another center candidate also. That would be Sean Avery. He's been given every opportunity to make the grade. Someone is getting traded.

Old
09-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I don't know. Avery is a pretty damn good 4th line center, I think Belanger ends up somewhere else this season.

Old
09-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

He's gonna have to be extemely good this preseason, then. I wouldn't mind having Avery center Kostoplous and Cowan or K. Belanger/Norton.

Old
09-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold
He's gonna have to be extemely good this preseason, then. I wouldn't mind having Avery center Kostoplous and Cowan or K. Belanger/Norton.

Preach on brother. A Kostopolous/Cowan-Avery/Ken Belanger line is tougher and more effective down low than a Avery-EBelanger-Cowan line. Avery has shown he is better at center also.

I agree with earlier posters, a forward is gonna get dealt, plus Jeff Guilliano was all over the ice last night, with his speed and PK ability, he might push someone out also.

So essentially TK, Guilliano, Parros, Ken Belanger, and Flinn are all battling for a spot in the Avery-EBel-Cowan line.

Old
09-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Preach on brother. A Kostopolous/Cowan-Avery/Ken Belanger line is tougher and more effective down low than a Avery-EBelanger-Cowan line. Avery has shown he is better at center also.

I agree with earlier posters, a forward is gonna get dealt, plus Jeff Guilliano was all over the ice last night, with his speed and PK ability, he might push someone out also.

So essentially TK, Guilliano, Parros, Ken Belanger, and Flinn are all battling for a spot in the Avery-EBel-Cowan line.
I think TK's ability might make Cowan sit a lot during this season.

Old
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Tk Avery Belanger and Cowan will probably platoon the 4th line with maybe an Enforcer.

Old
09-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Capn Brown

Would it not be a good idea to trade one or two of our "excess" fourth-liners for a defenseman who *isn't* Joe Corvo?

Old
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
Would it not be a good idea to trade one or two of our "excess" fourth-liners for a defenseman who *isn't* Joe Corvo?
Don't forget NJ only has 12 days to get under the cap. The closer Oct 1st gets the less leverage Lou has.

Old
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
Looks like the job has another center candidate also. That would be Sean Avery. He's been given every opportunity to make the grade. Someone is getting traded.
u read my mind sir...

09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I think TK's ability might make Cowan sit a lot during this season.
Yeah, but don't forget that Cowan has a pretty good set of hands for his role. A Avery/Belanger line with Cowan and Kostopolous could be one of if not the highest scoring 4th lines in the league, while fuilfilling their #1 purpose effectively as well.

Some have complained for years that the Kings have had too many 3rd-4th liners on the squad. The true problem was that we never had the right players for these roles. This is a much better lower-end roster than we have had for years, if not ever.

By the way, I wouldn't count Clarke or Giuliano out either. We could use some speed for the PK.

Old
09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Reaper45

I think Giuliano is going to be the next Brad Chartrand like player.

Old
09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
In theory that sounds great but most teams have enough 3rd and 4th line guys of their own that they can plug in if they have a hole. I also don't know what kind of defenseman you think Jeff Cowan is going to get you, but my guess is not one that's much better than Corvo. Belanger might be able to get a decent 5th defenseman if a team needs a center badly, but I doubt he has much value either. Depending on Armstrong's injury, Belanger might be needed here anyways.

Colorado is probably going to have to move someone like Boughner, he'd be better than Corvo. New Jersey will eventually have to make a move too.

Old
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Reaper45

If the new rules shown in the preseason are going to be called the same way in the season, stay away from big and slow defensemen.

Old
09-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
thanks guys.

can anyone give me a guess on how many points you expect outa belanger if he is suited upm as a 4th liner? all season?

Old
09-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d
thanks guys.

can anyone give me a guess on how many points you expect outa belanger if he is suited upm as a 4th liner? all season?
For the 4th line? 20-25 points.

Old
09-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Chazz Reinhold

That's the last time I make any prediction for any player. We don't want anyone else getting hurt.

Closed Thread