HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Movement Thread II (Acq./Rstr. Bldg./Cap Mgt.)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2011, 09:13 PM
  #601
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
He can play right at um, an adequate level.

Wrt missing nets. Semin's issue is the way he misses net. It always high which results in the uncontrollable rebounds.

HSHS is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 09:24 PM
  #602
keslehr*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Thanks.

How did he play for you guys last year? Was he an effective shutdown guy? Is he slow or fast? Is he good at passing or adequate or just plain bad? Was he physical?

keslehr* is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 09:33 PM
  #603
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
He can play right at um, an adequate level.

Wrt missing nets. Semin's issue is the way he misses net. It always high which results in the uncontrollable rebounds.
I wonder if this includes number of shots blindly fired into defensemen's shin pads; something that results in the oppsing teams always having ridiculous shot blocking totals and is avoidable with competent coaching.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 09:34 PM
  #604
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
I wonder if this includes number of shots blindly fired into defensemen's shin pads; something that results in the oppsing teams always having ridiculous shot blocking totals and is avoidable with competent coaching.
Wait, I thought we were talking about Semin; what's this you're saying about Ovechkin?

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 09:40 PM
  #605
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
He can play right at um, an adequate level.

Wrt missing nets. Semin's issue is the way he misses net. It always high which results in the uncontrollable rebounds.
If he scores 40-45 G this season i don't give **** how many times and how he misses. Shooting percentege doesnt mean much to me. Our forwards need to hustle to those rebounds a little better.

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM
  #606
ahimsa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,812
vCash: 500
Practice


ahimsa is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 10:16 PM
  #607
ahimsa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,812
vCash: 500
Why can't I embed? grr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI7KeY-DmNU&NR=1

ahimsa is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 10:24 PM
  #608
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 10,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Wait, I thought we were talking about Semin; what's this you're saying about Ovechkin?
LOL was thinking the same thing. EC just staying on message which is his right to do here.

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 11:15 PM
  #609
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
If he scores 40-45 G this season i don't give **** how many times and how he misses. Shooting percentege doesnt mean much to me. Our forwards need to hustle to those rebounds a little better.
He's done that once but has been a insensitive to puck possession and breaking down a team for 6 years now.

HSHS is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 11:48 PM
  #610
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Wait, I thought we were talking about Semin; what's this you're saying about Ovechkin?
It applies to Ovy as well. Point remains. The lack of discipline across the board sticks out like a sore thumb. Ask Arnott or Fedorov.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
07-14-2011, 11:49 PM
  #611
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
If he scores 40-45 G this season i don't give **** how many times and how he misses. Shooting percentege doesnt mean much to me. Our forwards need to hustle to those rebounds a little better.
I think certain fans just hate Semin and are looking for any reason to justify saying that we would be like 10 times better off without him. Granted maybe they could find one or two guys to replace him (hockey is a team game after all) but it's not exactly easy to replace a guy as talented as Sasha. It's one of those things you don't realize until your down in the middle of a game and in need of a game changer.

Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 12:35 AM
  #612
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 15,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
Thanks.

How did he play for you guys last year? Was he an effective shutdown guy? Is he slow or fast? Is he good at passing or adequate or just plain bad? Was he physical?
Hannan was a steady, reliable shutdown guy for us last year. He's not incredibly fast, and can be beaten by speed sometimes, and was during the Lightning sweep. I wouldn't want to have to rely on him to be a #1 defenseman, but in a second or third pairing + PK role, I think he's a good fit.

He's physical and likes to initiate contact. But don't expect big hits from him all that often, especially not of the magnitude he doled out before the lockout. That being said, he's willing to take the body and is strong along the boards. Several Caps fans described his technique as "paw to the jaw" based on his tendency to use his arms to initiate contact and control the attacking player. He's also very clean, pretty much never lays a dirty hit.

Definitely a solid defenseman I would love to see on the team if we had more cap space. He's an iron man, too. Rarely misses a game.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 07:01 AM
  #613
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,924
vCash: 500
The above is all on target. The negative? Gets the puck, dumps the puck. Will absolutely not contribute to transition. He's a throwback, and there is room for that player, but any team in a rut to score goals will pine for a puckmover at times in his stead. He ideally goes to a team that is full up on puckmovers on the blueline already. Slow.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 08:34 AM
  #614
Roughing
Registered User
 
Roughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
The above is all on target. The negative? Gets the puck, dumps the puck. Will absolutely not contribute to transition. He's a throwback, and there is room for that player, but any team in a rut to score goals will pine for a puckmover at times in his stead. He ideally goes to a team that is full up on puckmovers on the blueline already. Slow.
Green, Wideman, Hammer, Carlson... I think the Caps could use him.

Roughing is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 09:00 AM
  #615
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
VogsCaps Mike Vogel
#Caps have signed defenseman Karl Alzner to a two-year deal.
Guess yesterday's talks must have been productive.

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 09:01 AM
  #616
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry
 
stanleycaps98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chocolate City
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Alzner is done. 2 years. Terms forthcoming.

stanleycaps98 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 09:13 AM
  #617
442
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Brian McNally @dchesnokov Well, if Poti is on LTIR they'll be under the cap. So if they trade Sasha it won't be for financial reasons.

Tend to agree with him ....

442 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 09:59 AM
  #618
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Some GMGM ballwashing:

Link

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 10:13 AM
  #619
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Some GMGM ballwashing:

Link
Well it's good to see them getting some recognition.

Instead of breaking up the core, seems McPhee has chosen to bring in some character players rather than shipping out the questionable characters we have already. I guess these moves are in effect hoping the existing leaders and new character guys are going to grab the rest of the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them along...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 10:15 AM
  #620
CrashTheNet9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
I would be content with this team if we now got rid of 55 and keep Hannan.

CrashTheNet9 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 10:23 AM
  #621
Langway
Moderator
Proud Mediocrity
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,791
vCash: 500
Hannan + cheap two-way 3LW - Schultz - Chimera = win.

Langway is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 10:25 AM
  #622
fsnoles98
Registered User
 
fsnoles98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
My ideal situation if possible would be:

trade Semin and Schultz for a high end 2C

resign Hannan.

I think this team's potential would greatly increase with the style of play implemented last season.

fsnoles98 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 10:38 AM
  #623
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Well it's good to see them getting some recognition.

Instead of breaking up the core, seems McPhee has chosen to bring in some character players rather than shipping out the questionable characters we have already. I guess these moves are in effect hoping the existing leaders and new character guys are going to grab the rest of the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them along...
This assumes that McPhee has not been, and does not continue, to look for a good trade fit where Semin is concerned. There is a lot of rumor that he's been on the market for quite some time.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 10:54 AM
  #624
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,397
vCash: 500
Walton says Bouchard signed...I assume his QO or a lower NHL salary for more in the AHL.

sk84fun_dc is offline  
Old
07-15-2011, 11:03 AM
  #625
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
This assumes that McPhee has not been, and does not continue, to look for a good trade fit where Semin is concerned. There is a lot of rumor that he's been on the market for quite some time.
No one wants Semin.

strungout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.