HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TVA Sport Launches!

Old
07-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Well, my soccer team is currently better than them so...

Seriously, hopefully there will have some big changes for their entry in the MLS. Actually, there's a crisis in the team once again.
No way I see these players making the jump to the MLS next season, Saputo will pretty much change the team

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:19 AM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No way I see these players making the jump to the MLS next season, Saputo will pretty much change the team
The problem is not on field level, it's on second flood.

NDS is the reason why this club sucks so much.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Joe Cole

While more options are usually better, my opinion is that the current state of French sports broadcasting is so weak that having more hours to broadcast with the same extremely weak talent pool will just make both channels suck that much more.

Between the useless lumberjack competitions and the poor and slanted analysis....we will noe have two piles of poo, instead of one.

As another poster said, with the increased number of habs games on TSN, I no longer have a need to endure the missed calls and worthless color descriptions of RDS hockey.

Last edited by Joe Cole: 07-15-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:50 AM
JaymzB

I think TVA getting any Canadiens games is a pipe dream. Considering Bell actually owns a part of the Habs, they won’t be giving up any broadcasting rights to anyone else. What i fully expect is TSN & RDS trying to grow the Habs brand even more (though, not sure how that is possible with RDS). Why do you think TSN started showing Habs games in English once the new ownership was in place? Rogers currently owns the local broadcasting rights for all the other Canadian teams (not sure about Winnipeg though), so Bell will push the Habs hard to remain a player in the NHL broadcasting sphere in Canada. No way they’ll want to lose any dominance they currently have in PQ.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
The problem is not on field level, it's on second flood.

NDS is the reason why this club sucks so much.
+1 . NDS thinks and acts as if he were Jose Mourinho. But truth is, he is only there because of his relationship with Joey.....

he has no vision and no experience as a technical director.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 09:19 AM
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Now that is a step in the right direction.

Would have still preferred some AHL action or some major junior hockey, but I like this.

If you've never been into soccer, I think you just answered your own question.
Until a couple months ago all I knew about soccer was that it was played 11 a side and the names Pele, Maradonna and Brian Decaire.

Have learned a lot about the game this season since I somehow managed to get a gig covering them. Actually watch it on my own time from time to time now. Still no expert but developing an appreciation for the game.

Guess it's like beer - an aquired taste

justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Will it be on Bell?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 09:28 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Bell actually owns like 20% of the Habs. No way they let TVA and Quebecor get some Habs games.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
They can't. The Q has a contract with Telus. Telus will never let TVA show games as long as they have this contract.
TVA is broadcasting LHJMQ games on friday nights on the VOX channel.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 10:40 AM
QcNordzFan84

We want the Miniputt back, with Serge Vlemincks n' the Carl Carmoni stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULP0cbGXU8k

QcNordzFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 11:56 AM
HaBs_ReNeGaTe

Send a message via MSN to HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Two things I can't stand with TVA Sports so far:

1. The lack of interesting sports events they're showing. The Sens and Impact games are the only things in their favor. UFC, women beach volleyball... it seems clear to me they're targetting a certain part of Quebec's population i'm not too proud of. Wouldn't be too surprising to see Miss Hawaiian Tropic shows and eating competitions. I would have love to see some good coverage of pro Tennis (not just Yvon and Helene pleasing themselves with their own voices while commenting yesterday's game they couldn't show because of "Vivre en plein air" or this kind of ********), NBA games, european hockey and of course AHL games.

2. Their staff. Seriously? Rinfret, Laraque, Pedneault, Perron... isn't there a LOT of young sports journalist qualified for a job on TV who are dying to take the spot and actually give insightful comments instead of some oldmen rubbish. I think i'm not the only one sick of these clowns. I can't believe people enjoy listening to them.

These are the two main reasons I won't listen to TVA Sports. And don't start me on the Quebecor empire...

HaBs_ReNeGaTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Don't forget Joel Bouchard.

Also, I assume Le Match will now be broadcasted on TVA Sports.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
TVA is broadcasting LHJMQ games on friday nights on the VOX channel.
Because they had a deal with the Q before Telus... but other than this single game on friday, exclusivity rights to the Q goes to Telus... which sucks.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Thibaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Because they had a deal with the Q before Telus... but other than this single game on friday, exclusivity rights to the Q goes to Telus... which sucks.
That is not true, RDS has rights from the CHL, so they can broadcast some LHJMQ games along with Sportsnet.

Thibaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Padrino86

Oh well I'll get the channel for the soccer games at least. Even if they're absolutely horrible this year

Padrino86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
MaxChart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
They can't. The Q has a contract with Telus. Telus will never let TVA show games as long as they have this contract.
I think VOX shows some LHJMQ games... and VOX is owned by Videotron/Quebecor...

MaxChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
Oh well I'll get the channel for the soccer games at least. Even if they're absolutely horrible this year
They've always been horrible. USL or NASL is horrible.

MLS on the orther hand, is a great league.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
1, maybe 2 players on the current team will be with the team in MLS.

To jump into MLS they had no choice but to field a team this season, this season is a joke, they dont care about it

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life 1909 View Post
1, maybe 2 players on the current team will be with the team in MLS.

To jump into MLS they had no choice but to field a team this season, this season is a joke, they dont care about it
Only Gerba maybe will be in the MLS, but he won't play that much that's for sure.

Old
07-15-2011, 10:43 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

From this roster, only Camara, either one of Gaudette or Bush, Billy, Gerba and Gatti(cheap canadian depth, honest player) will be there. That's of course my opinion.

I'd love them to sign Bernier and Klukowski. They need canadians and those are good ones at key positions. Maybe Beaulieu-Bourgault too. I don't think Olivier Occéan wants to come to America, sadly. He would be a good striker. Maybe Kevin McKenna who plays in the Bundesliga.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBs_ReNeGaTe View Post
Two things I can't stand with TVA Sports so far:

1. The lack of interesting sports events they're showing. The Sens and Impact games are the only things in their favor. UFC, women beach volleyball... it seems clear to me they're targetting a certain part of Quebec's population i'm not too proud of. Wouldn't be too surprising to see Miss Hawaiian Tropic shows and eating competitions. I would have love to see some good coverage of pro Tennis (not just Yvon and Helene pleasing themselves with their own voices while commenting yesterday's game they couldn't show because of "Vivre en plein air" or this kind of ********), NBA games, european hockey and of course AHL games.
They are just starting. I mean reading into it and saying and "targeting a certain part of Quebec's population" is so far fetched, it's like someone with an agenda behind his words, like hating for the sake of hating.

Quote:
2. Their staff. Seriously? Rinfret, Laraque, Pedneault, Perron... isn't there a LOT of young sports journalist qualified for a job on TV who are dying to take the spot and actually give insightful comments instead of some oldmen rubbish. I think i'm not the only one sick of these clowns. I can't believe people enjoy listening to them.
We don't even know who their main guys will be. These are names of guys that showed up at Le Match. Nevertheless if Rinfret and Pedneault are doing the Sens games, there's no problem as it's not a team that interest anybody. The Sens are sleep-inducing and boring. Hell these two fools may actually bring color into it. Imagine Perron doing colors!

That said if we it's Rinfret and Pedneault when the Nords show up, then it will be "Houston we have a problem!".

Quote:
These are the two main reasons I won't listen to TVA Sports. And don't start me on the Quebecor empire...
You don't even know how it's going to be like!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Well, now that Greg Sutton is with the Impact, we might have an MLS caliber goalie in our hands. Not to forget Maxime Crépeau, he's a stud, only 16 years old, he played for Canada U-17 in Mexico not too long ago and was the best goalie in the whole tournament.

Old
07-16-2011, 07:45 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
Well, now that Greg Sutton is with the Impact, we might have an MLS caliber goalie in our hands. Not to forget Maxime Crépeau, he's a stud, only 16 years old, he played for Canada U-17 in Mexico not too long ago and was the best goalie in the whole tournament.
he's phenomenal, but he needs to play games, Physically he's more developed, but he needs to work on his technique and ensure that he reaches his potential. This guy has a legitimate shot at getting games under his belt in europe soon ... thinking serie B , something like that. His maturity and his calm when he plays and also as a person leaves no doubt ... he's a workhorse...he's on a mission.

The sooner he leaves the impact (and that newly created academy of illusions (the impact never developed anyone, anywhere ! ever .) ) the better it is for him. He needs to be dealt with by professionnals, and he won't get that here. He needs premium trainning with the new technologies, he's a raw gem. fingers crossed for him to get lucky and end up in france for a good side.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
he's phenomenal, but he needs to play games, Physically he's more developed, but he needs to work on his technique and ensure that he reaches his potential. This guy has a legitimate shot at getting games under his belt in europe soon ... thinking serie B , something like that. His maturity and his calm when he plays and also as a person leaves no doubt ... he's a workhorse...he's on a mission.

The sooner he leaves the impact (and that newly created academy of illusions (the impact never developed anyone, anywhere ! ever .) ) the better it is for him. He needs to be dealt with by professionnals, and he won't get that here. He needs premium trainning with the new technologies, he's a raw gem. fingers crossed for him to get lucky and end up in france.
Yeah I was playing with him in high school, we had a soccer field just beside the school and we were taking shots on him, he was younger than us, but he was still unbelievable. Hard to think that he will play in the MLS and we used to play together... Well, at least I can say I scored on him plenty of times

Old
07-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post

The sooner he leaves the impact (and that newly created academy of illusions (the impact never developed anyone, anywhere ! ever .) ) the better it is for him. He needs to be dealt with by professionnals, and he won't get that here. He needs premium trainning with the new technologies, he's a raw gem. fingers crossed for him to get lucky and end up in france for a good side.
Oh yeah I hope he ends up in france or england, anywhere but the academie de limpact... Such a joke this academy is. I used to play 2 or 3 years ago against Reda Agouram and other players from the academy... Let's just say that the will never play pro soccer.