HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Insider Pierre Lebrun Joins Tsn And Bell Media Radio

Old
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM
BlueStFX

vCash: 500
Yay! I love LeBrun.

Dropped Pierre and pick up LeBrun.

Good job, TSN!

BlueStFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:15 PM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
He doesn't just break trades, the guy is an analyst. Now this is an argument about semantics. He is analyzing everything from a dirty hit around the league to assessing the play of a team during intermissions.
Yes, and in this respect, Bob Mac is average. He hasn't the pedigree of some other anylysts. There are MUCH better hockey analysts IMO.

As an insider though, Bob is cream of the crop.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Wendel17

Quote:
Sad day for CBC, but ever since they lost the hockey song + Jim Hughson started doing leaf games, it's just not the same.
Agreed, not so much about the song, but about Hughson. A Leaf and Toronto hater calling Toronto Maple Leafs hockey games on HNIC. Can't stand that guy. Hopefully TSN will give the Leaf games to Cuthbert if they secure the national contract.

Wendel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:41 PM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

Not a fan of anyone at TSN. Everyone there is such a kiss ass apologist for the NHL. They ignore any story that makes the league look the least bit bad. Like the Atlanta stuff. All TSN could do was try to shoot the move down. Pathetic. Have no faith or trust in anything coming from TSN about the NHL.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Brown Dog

Quote:
Sad day for CBC, but ever since they lost the hockey song + Jim Hughson started doing leaf games, it's just not the same.
Agreed. HNIC is great in a lot of ways. But in perhaps the most important way--the actual calling of Leaf games--it's absolutely brutal. The Hughson/Simpson/Healy team is an embarrassment and really ruins the whole broadcast.

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Stats01

Thing about Friedman is that he's not an insider and let me just say this..Darren Dreger is one of the most overrated insiders. Good job by TSN getting the second best insider in the game. TSN is officially a hockey powerhouse. I feel really bad for CBC and Sportsnet.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Solid Signing.

Im expecting CBC to be looking for a lottery pick while TSN is gonna be lookin to pull off a strong playoffs with a good core upfront.

In reality we are still stuck with Rogers ****ing Sportsnet.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:26 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
Agreed. HNIC is great in a lot of ways. But in perhaps the most important way--the actual calling of Leaf games--it's absolutely brutal. The Hughson/Simpson/Healy team is an embarrassment and really ruins the whole broadcast.
Couldn't agree more.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 01:44 AM
NewFang

I still like HNIC and hope it stays alive. From a fans perspective, a healthy HNIC is a good thing.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
I've always enjoyed HNIC. It's still my favorite telecast of Leaf games. I don't know if it's just because it's Saturday night and everything is that much bigger or what.

The Hotstove is the best intermission segment ever. Sure, with the way the net is now they might repeat things we've all read already.. But I swear I still seem to come out of that with some new info.

But, in regards to the OP... TSN makes a good move here. I still can't believe CBC let Chris Cuthbert go. Idiotic.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:21 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Agreed on the Cuthbert sentiments. Best play-by-play guy out there right now, bar none. Did an amazing job at the Olympics.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmourd View Post
All these about the tv hockey personalities, and no one has mentioned Elliot Friedman yet?

I think he's polite and insightful. If you don't read his blog regularly, you really need to check it out: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...r/author68791/
Good call, this guy is absolutely the best. Glad hes with CBC.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
Not a fan of anyone at TSN. Everyone there is such a kiss ass apologist for the NHL.They ignore any story that makes the league look the least bit bad. Like the Atlanta stuff. All TSN could do was try to shoot the move down. Pathetic. Have no faith or trust in anything coming from TSN about the NHL.

In that sequence.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
I've always enjoyed HNIC. It's still my favorite telecast of Leaf games. I don't know if it's just because it's Saturday night and everything is that much bigger or what.

The Hotstove is the best intermission segment ever. Sure, with the way the net is now they might repeat things we've all read already.. But I swear I still seem to come out of that with some new info.

But, in regards to the OP... TSN makes a good move here. I still can't believe CBC let Chris Cuthbert go. Idiotic.
The only thing I'll miss if CBC is gone is Grapes and CBC's epic montages.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:29 AM
bradbirtch
glg#FireCarlyle

good for him

bradbirtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:45 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
Not a fan of anyone at TSN. Everyone there is such a kiss ass apologist for the NHL. They ignore any story that makes the league look the least bit bad. Like the Atlanta stuff. All TSN could do was try to shoot the move down. Pathetic. Have no faith or trust in anything coming from TSN about the NHL.
On trades, I think it is fair to say that they are probably the most reputable in the business, especially now with the acquisition of LeBrun. However on NHL business, your probably completely right. Dreger's reputation in particular (IMO) took a large hit, and to a lesser extent, the entire network as they continuously stood behind him despite repeated inaccurate reports. The reports would come about every 2nd week of every month as I recall, claiming each time that the Coyotes would have an owner in "2 weeks." Fool me one, fool me 1,000 times it seems.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:07 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Man... Why can't CBC just give us Bob Cole back, I don't care if he can't say Gunnarson right He's 100 % better then Jim Hughson. and Fire Healy..

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

love TSN

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote