Old
07-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

vCash: 500
Official 2011-2012 Patriots Thread- Lockout OVER

http://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer

AlbertBreer:

Filed to NFL Network: Outside of some ancillary details, the economics of a deal between the players and owners are done.

I am Boston Strong

Old
07-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Danny Woodhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post

AlbertBreer:

Filed to NFL Network: Outside of some ancillary details, the economics of a deal between the players and owners are done.
Good...now go get Sidney Rice!

Old
07-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Woodhead View Post
Good...now go get Sidney Rice!
What's so appealing about Rice?

Old
07-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Good to hear, I could care less if the NBA locked out though.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Any word of terms of the new CBA? I am really curious how things like free agency, franchise tags, and rookie salary ceilings

Old
07-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
The best part about it being over is training camp won't be affected.

Funk, based what I'm listening to on 98.5 the deal is in place and they are still ironing the details on certain things but that it is just language at this point. I'm sure it will all trickle in as the day goes by.

I'm interested to see what happens with Light and Mankins.

Per Schefter

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Quote:
First-round picks now will sign 4-yr deals, with options for a 5th-, that will decrease their money 40-50% from last yr. Vets get $ instead.
Quote:
If and when the two sides finalize a deal, the new CBA will be 7 to 10 years. Good. Don't want to hear about this again until at least 2018.
Quote:
There are still issues to address - workman's comp, free agency rules, legal procedures - but a deal hasn't been any closer than now.

Last edited by Alicat: 07-15-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old
07-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:

Funk, based what I'm listening to on 98.5 the deal is in place and they are still ironing the details on certain things but that it is just language at this point. I'm sure it will all trickle in as the day goes by.

I'm interested to see what happens with Light and Mankins.
I hope we sign Mankins, Mankins+Vollmer+Solder would be a great offensive line and keep building from there.

Solder and Vollmer are HUGE, should be a fun season to watch, Warren and Bodden should be good to go which will be good.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
I hope we sign Mankins, Mankins+Vollmer+Solder would be a great offensive line and keep building from there.

Solder and Vollmer are HUGE, should be a fun season to watch, Warren and Bodden should be good to go which will be good.

Hoping for the same thing. It will hurt to let Light go but it's time. We missed Bods and Warren badly last year. Color me excited for this year. I think Edelman is going to be great on special teams, especially if they decide to do a wildcat play once and a blue moon.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:18 AM
hoss75

Quote:
That's the worst part. Imagine the fun watching these teams getting thrown into the regular season with only a week of practice? It could have been the greatest season of football in 2 decades.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

I was under the impression Logan Mankins had no interest in coming back to the organization after the way he was treated.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
That's the worst part. Imagine the fun watching these teams getting thrown into the regular season with only a week of practice? It could have been the greatest season of football in 2 decades.
Imagine how many players would get hurt.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD!!!

Took em' long enough.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:36 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:

AlbertBreer:

I'm happy for all the football fans out there. Personally football becomes more insignifcant as I get older. The savagery of that sport is unbelievable at times. I don't really get into football until about Thanksgiving now and really check out if the Giants have no real shot at it. Don't get on me about the GMen, I'm very quick to remind people about a certain game a few years ago that make this years Bruins win look miniscule.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:38 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Imagine how many players would get hurt.
Quite a few, I imagine. Mostly the undisciplined ones, though.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Shaun

Damn it I wanted Adam Scheftner to suffer even more. Hes such a pompous ***** I hate him.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
I'm happy for all the football fans out there. Personally football becomes more insignifcant as I get older. The savagery of that sport is unbelievable at times. I don't really get into football until about Thanksgiving now and really check out if the Giants have no real shot at it. Don't get on me about the GMen, I'm very quick to remind people about a certain game a few years ago that make this years Bruins win look miniscule.
Try DVRing games.
I found as I got older, you're more busy and to dedicate the time on Sunday to watch a game was a bigger and bigger cost.
Then I DVR'd a college game a really wanted to watch, started it at halftime when I got home, and really liked how fast I could watch a whole game.
I also liked it because having played college ball, I'm sort of a football intellectual. So I like being able to rewind and break down a good play as much as I want.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:58 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
Try DVRing games.
I found as I got older, you're more busy and to dedicate the time on Sunday to watch a game was a bigger and bigger cost.
Then I DVR'd a college game a really wanted to watch, started it at halftime when I got home, and really liked how fast I could watch a whole game.
I also liked it because having played college ball, I'm sort of a football intellectual. So I like being able to rewind and break down a good play as much as I want.
Thanks, I can understand people loving football and when you get 2 really good teams it can be riviting. But on the scale of the top 3 (NBA doesn't even exists)
it is third. In past seasons football was the stop gap between baseball and hockey.
That won't be the case this year it looks with the Sox and I'm waiting for the B's to get to training camp for the first since the late 80's when I had season tixs. Besides this lockout was a bunch of BS, had nothing to do with the players. It was all about a bunch of greedy SOB'S that couldn't figure out how to divide 9 BILLION dollars. In this economy, give me a brake

Old
07-16-2011, 12:03 AM
NinthSpoke06

It's close, but the lockout is not over yet.

Quote:
With the new labor deal looking even more inevitable than ever, and with all signs pointing to an agreement coming by Tuesday at the latest, there’s reason to be at least a little concerned until the two sides apply their Herbie Hancocks to the settlement documents.

There’s still a minor reason to be mildly concerned

Old
07-16-2011, 12:47 AM
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

Quote:
I could care less if the NFL locked out. Football is for dimwits really

Old
07-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Arthur*
U MAD?

About time

I'm looking forward to seeing the Jets fall apart in free agency. Their arrogant fans think they can keep both Braylon and Holmes because they "love Rex Ryan". I bet neither of them comes back, the first big money offer they get and they're gone.

We're the team to beat this year as long as the offensive line turns out alright. Preferably we'd patch things up with Mankins, if not we'd have to find a replacement on the market. Hell, we went 14-2 last year with a hard schedule, half our CBs and defensive line on IR from training camp, and rookies playing huge roles. Imagine what we'll do with this experience and a full year of Deion Branch.

Old
07-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Shaun

Patriots need to win. Its been forever. They're becoming the irrelevant team in town.

Old
07-16-2011, 01:00 AM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCircusNeverDies View Post
I could care less if the NFL locked out. Football is for dimwits really
How so? Because you think so? I'm sure there ae plenty of people around the world who think hockey is for dimwits. Doesn't mean it is true.

Seems like you are just trying to stir stuff up. Also, you clearly care or else you wouldn't be taking the time to make a pointless comment.

Old
07-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Yeah Pats have longest drought they needs to wins nows cant wait 19-0 baby

Old
07-16-2011, 01:29 AM
TooMuchMan

The grumpy hockey fan in me really wanted to see the NBA and NFL locked-out the whole year so that ESPN would go into conniption fits over how much hockey to broadcast from November till March...

... Whelp, at least the NBA is still cooking - Feb-March, maybe?

I'm such a jerk.

Old
07-16-2011, 10:38 AM
BostonJohn88

Quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that we NEED to sign Mankins. I noticed a big difference between the time he didn't play and the time he did. The holes in the line got smaller, and Brady had more time. The Mankins/Vollmer/Solder line will be phenomenal.

Light, on the other hand, I don't see the same way. I think we should resign him, since I don't see a better option at the time, but I wouldn't be too broken up about it if we didn't. He's not a revolving door, or anything close to it, and yes guys get by even the best offensive linemen, but I he's the one that gives me those "smack my head" moments during the game.

I forgot to multi-quote, but, I also hope we can sign Sidney Rice. He would give us a reliable down field threat. He's 6-4 and can outrun pretty much everybody. That's his appeal. I don't think we absolutley NEED him, but it wouldn't hurt. I argued (not on here) that Moss leaving was a great thing for this team, and that they didn't need him. I thought they had something up their sleeve, and Branch ended up being it. I thought that Tate could fill that "deep threat" role. Not having Moss, I argued, allowed Brady to go back to pre-2007 and do the short "dump" passes that brought us success, instead of having to keep looking 30+ yards downfield for Moss so his feelings wouldn't get hurt. I still think their core of Branch/Welker/Edleman/Tate is solid, even though I was disappointed in Tate, but I still think he can be a major factor in our offense. Adding Rice just brings a whole 'nother element into the mix. Which makes for a dynamic offense. That being said, Rice isn't the only option. Two other WR's I'd love...Fitz, if he doesn't sign an extention (FA in 2012). Vincent Jackson (Fran. tag this season).

Closed Thread