HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris?

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Edgeworth*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
IMO trade Kadri. He hasnt shown anything and has a loud mouth when it comes to locker room and organization. Turris is what the Leafs are desperate for a young center with some playoff experience after the Detroit series.
What do you mean not shown anything? He ripped up the OHL in his final years and then went nearly PPG in the AHL while dealing with an injury, a suspension, and two call-ups from the big team. He had a very disruptive year and he still managed to do very very well.

What are you going on about with this loud mouth crap? Burke has gone on record saying he likes the swagger Kadri has and hopes he keeps his attitude. Most Leaf fans would bust a nut if they got Subban but when Kadri acts like he has some swag people get upset and want him gone?

Yeah Turris has playoff experience but the only person of note in that series against Detroit was Shane Doan, everyone else played rather bad.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:15 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
He was sent down last year for his attitude and it was brought up again early this year about his defensive play and attitude in the locker room. Im not saying he is an awful kid but he looks to be immature at times. He has alot of work still to prove he can play at the NHL level.
Pretty sure you just made this up.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:16 PM
devilishleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
This is completely false.

He was sent down last year because he wasn't ready (physically) for the NHL.

There has never been any indication of an attitude problem with Kadri. Everytime he has been demoted he has been postive, gone down to the A and improved on what management/coaching has requested.
He was warned of his mouth dude. He was also sent down for him to build some size but it was also due to his defensive play and his mouth in the locker room. It wasnt a bad thing he was just cocky and needed to get a reality check.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:18 PM
TOML

What mouth?

Who's going to listen to some kid anyway?

Last time i heard of Kadri in the lockerroom, Dion said 'come back when you're NHL-ready.'

Nothing since.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:19 PM
HSF

I take Kadri over Turris at this point

Old
Edgeworth*

Quote:
He was warned of his mouth dude. He was also sent down for him to build some size but it was also due to his defensive play and his mouth in the locker room. It wasnt a bad thing he was just cocky and needed to get a reality check.
What are you talking about? Go use google man. He was sent down exclusively for his defensively gaps. There were articles in the globe and mail and even the SUN of all things about how he handled it so maturely instead of whining about ice time.

Old
devilishleafs

It wasnt Burke it was Wilson who thought he needed a reality check. Guys alot of these young kids get sent down for an attitude adjustment, and it wasnt so much that it was just to get him better prepared for the majors.

Old
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
You seem to have some kind of inside scoop. Care to share how you know this? A source of some kind?

Old
07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
He was sent down last year for his attitude and it was brought up again early this year about his defensive play and attitude in the locker room. Im not saying he is an awful kid but he looks to be immature at times. He has alot of work still to prove he can play at the NHL level.
Steve Simmons is that you?

Old
07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Loso

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Dumb. Worthless ******** rumor. Turris goes nowhere.
Why you heff to be mad?

Old
07-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
What the hell are you talking about? LMAO He played most of the season on the AHL Marlies averaging almost a PPG as a 20 year old with a couple call-ups. Most of his call-ups he played on the third line with Boyce/Armstrong. You mad about his shootout skills against Boston?

He wasn't that impressive in the AHL, had decent numbers but in no way dominated. Sorry its just my opinion. When Kadri was drafted, it was suggested he'd be a top line forward & a cornerstone in the Leafs Organization. After a few seasons now, he looks as if he's destined to be more of a complimentary player. And in my opinion he's got 3rd line energy guy written all over him. It's not meant as a slight, a skilled 3rd line energy winger is a must on every team. Like I said, perhaps he develops his game & becomes a fixture on the Leafs 2nd line someday. I just dont see Kadri as a perennial All-Star.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:25 PM
devilishleafs

Wow! I said it wasnt a bad thing, he needed the reality check, and most young players come in cocky and full of swagger. He didnt back it up in the 1st year and he needed to add size, and this year he thought he was good enuff but lacked the defense. Dont act like its a bad thing, but he did need to learn how to handle the pro experience in A and learn from the Vets. How quick you guys forget, it was said he needed the reality check.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
why is this a sticky, do you want me to have a heart attack

Old
07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
DesertDawg

Turris isn't going to be traded in the near future (if at all)...

Old
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
why is this a sticky, do you want me to have a heart attack
why would it be? Which it isnt...

Old
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
He wasn't that impressive in the AHL, had decent numbers but in now way dominated. Sorry its just my opinion. When Kadri was drafted, it was suggested he'd be a top line forward & a cornerstone in the Leafs Organization. After a few seasons now, he looks as if he's destined to be more of a complimentary player. And in my opinion he's got 3rd line energy guy written all over him. It's not meant as a slight, a skilled 3rd line energy winger is a must on every team. Like I said, perhaps he develops his game & becomes a fixture on the Leafs 2nd line someday. I just dont see Kadri as a perennial All-Star.
Ok sorry, forgot every player has to be a 50 point player by the time their 20 otherwise they'll never be a first liner.

He didn't dominate the AHL because he played on the second line on a team that was constantly changing, a lot of Marlies were called up and sent down this year including him, had he played a full proper season in the AHL (by the way he was a rookie in the AHL if you didn't pick that up) he probably would have had much mor eimpressive stats.

How is he a 3rd line energy guy? He can easily slide around players and finds the smallest spaces to make plays. If anything he's a 1st or 2nd line playmaking winger, which we'll gladly take.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:29 PM
neofury*

I love how some Toronto fans are saying they wouldn't do this deal. Even if Kadri turns out to be the better player going based totally on what we've seen of both and the leafs needs.... Burke would be a moron not to pull the trigger on this deal.

A few years ago leafs fans were saying similar things about Bozak, how he'd be such a good player

Burke takes this deal and laughs all the way to the bank.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Wow! I said it wasnt a bad thing, he needed the reality check, and most young players come in cocky and full of swagger. He didnt back it up in the 1st year and he needed to add size, and this year he thought he was good enuff but lacked the defense. Dont act like its a bad thing, but he did need to learn how to handle the pro experience in A and learn from the Vets. How quick you guys forget, it was said he needed the reality check.

A "reality check"? Where does "loudmouth" and "attitude problems" come into play? You are just blowing hot air, making things up. He was sent down for physical reasons, not attitude.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
phlocky

Like others have said, this is a breakout year for both players. Right now, if I had to pick one, I'd personally take Turris. Right now I think he's better and has shown he'll be no less than a quality 2nd line center and can probably move up to be a low end 1st line center. Kadri MAY become an elite 1st line scoring wing but right now he may not even become a quality 2nd line wing. I'd say that Kadri has a higher upside but he also has a lower "bottom out" downside too.

It's probably a coin flip as to whether or not Kadri becomes better than Turris. Based upon this I'd go with the safer pick and take Turris. It's tough to go wrong with either though and I can certainly understad ANYONE (fan of one team or another) making a case for either. Valuewise it's probably pretty fair, NEED wise I don't know enough about each team to make a good and accurate comment so I'll have to go on what their fan bases say. Personal preference is fine as I believe they are close enough in value to make it a coin flip.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I love how some Toronto fans are saying they wouldn't do this deal. Even if Kadri turns out to be the better player going based totally on what we've seen of both and the leafs needs.... Burke would be a moron not to pull the trigger on this deal.

A few years ago leafs fans were saying similar things about Bozak, how he'd be such a good player

It's not that Kadri has a higher ceiling that Turris, it's more because Turris's development has been so wonky it just seems like while his potential is high he might never reach it and end up as a 2C which we have a ton of.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:32 PM
devilishleafs

Quote:

Yes finally a realist! You are bang on bro. Kadri has been moved to wing cause of his poor defensive play and face-offs he was brutally awful. I say Burke knows what he is doing.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

He dominated the AHL. All you have to look at the leading marlies scorer at 47 points compared to Kadri's 41 in 20 less games.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:

What makes Turris that much ahead of Kadri?

I'm not saying I'd do the deal or not. It's a flip of a coin at this point on who the better player will be. Neither has done much groundbreaking progression since being drafted.

Old
07-15-2011, 12:35 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Turris seems to have more upside than Kadri. Phoenix a tad weak at center. This deal would never happen, although Burke would do it in a heartbeat if opportunity presented itself. Kadri will perhaps be a good player in the NHL, but he was certainly a reach at #7, he doesn't have quite the upside that most thought he did. 3rd line energy guy maybe decent 2nd line winger someday.
based on what, putting up worse stats than Kadri at every level they have played?

Old
07-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Ok sorry, forgot every player has to be a 50 point player by the time their 20 otherwise they'll never be a first liner.

He didn't dominate the AHL because he played on the second line on a team that was constantly changing, a lot of Marlies were called up and sent down this year including him, had he played a full proper season in the AHL (by the way he was a rookie in the AHL if you didn't pick that up) he probably would have had much mor eimpressive stats.

How is he a 3rd line energy guy? He can easily slide around players and finds the smallest spaces to make plays. If anything he's a 1st or 2nd line playmaking winger, which we'll gladly take.
I just don't see it in him. He looks like a fast "chip the puck in the corner & chase it" kind of guy. Early on in Toronto I saw him trying to stick handle too much (which seems as if coaching put a stop to that) & got himself into trouble. His shot is decent, he's an ok passer, got good speed but not overly-quick... & he's small. There just isn't one element to his game that's very impressive. He's just a good all around player, but imo doesnt posess the raw talent of a potential top-line winger. Again, which isn't a slight.. every team only has 3 top line players. I see Kadri as a long term very solid 3rd line energy winger who can perhaps one day help bring the Cup back to Toronto.

Closed Thread