HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris?

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Briecheeze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
To all the wishy washy leaf fans out there.

1. Why do you make trade proposals for other teams superstars and throw kadri in for him to get defamed by other teams.
2. Why do you listen to the other teams saying that kadri is crap because they are talking about him in context of their star players.
3. Why do you want to trade him when he has finally began to show glimpses of becoming a great hockey player.
4. Why do you want to acquire another player who is going to be a add on in another million dumb proposals attempting to acquire a superstar, and who is just barley able to make the leafs roster.
5 Why do you want to put yourself through the same pain that you went through and have been going through with kadri, only with a farther along the way player who IMO is closer to being a bust then kadri.

Turris showed glimpses of being an NHL player in the series that the phoenix coyotes got SWEPT by the Detroit red wings.. why do the leafs want to bring a player in who while playing well did not make a difference in any of the games he played in(aka did not lead his team to a win).
To be honest, you can't generalize with all Leafs fans. The Leafs are one of the most popular hockey teams in the world. Because there are so many of us, you'll always have posters bringing up stupid trade or controversial proposals that aren't representative of the general population of (fairly) reasonable Leafs fans.

Hence the Leafs fan-hating on these (and many other) boards.

Edit: oops, didn't see the "wishy-washy" adjective. My mistake haha.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
shello
@WShello9

Kyle Turris for Nazem Kadri is close

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-...lose/155/37090

Same company as Eklund, so think what you want about it.
I don't see Phoneix doing this right after Turris's coming out party in the playoffs but you never know.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Why would Pho do this?

Old
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Send a message via MSN to Eberle
This doesn't really make sense for either team, tbh.

Moreso for TOR, but not at all for PHO. They don't have center depth as it is.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Turris' potential is better than Kadri but I think Kadri is the safer player. Meh, I think it would be a good move for Toronto because I do see Turris panning out.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:49 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I don't see why Phoenix would do this. Kadri is a good prospect, but Turris was a highly touted pick as well and was starting to show something last year and seems poised to break out. Kadri hasn't proven anything yet and may not be ready to produce. Seems lateral. Turris is only a year older and supposedly has a higher ceiling anyhow.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I don't get this deal and it isn't because of value to me.

Kadri has grit and skill and looks like a perfect fit for the Leafs who should through this coming season slowly start making an impact on a solid level.

Turris has skill and can skate and has established himself with Pho and is starting to pay off. They have invested a ton of time in developing him so a fair exchange just seems silly to me.

I don't think the value's are way off but it seems each team has a solid young player that suits there needs really well. Why would either team do this deal?

Old
07-15-2011, 01:51 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
This would be stupid for the Coyotes unless they are getting a 1st round pick as well.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:51 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I should have written why would Pho OR TO do this deal? It doesn't make sense.

chewbacca

Old
07-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Robert Theodorson

I like the Gold-Yellowish tag on this thread, makes it look like it has an ounce of credibility even though it's Hockeybuzz.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:53 PM
lopes66

So many of these threads already but oh well!

By the way this trade wont happen, Kadri I think has more upside right now!

Old
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
edruga

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
This would be stupid for the Coyotes unless they are getting a 1st round pick as well.
Why would a first round pick being going along with Kadri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
I like the Gold-Yellowish tag on this thread, makes it look like it has an ounce of credibility even though it's Hockeybuzz.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Turris' potential is better than Kadri but I think Kadri is the safer player. Meh, I think it would be a good move for Toronto because I do see Turris panning out.
How is Kadri the safer player when Turris has demonstrated more at the NHL level already.

Turris hasn't been given full top 6 mintues yet, but worked well with what he had in the regular and post-season last year. I have no idea why Phoenix would think of trading him at this point. He has the potential to become something major soon.

Unless Turris has specifically said he refuses to play for Phoenix in the future, which is possible given their financial uncertainty, I cannot see Phoenix dealing Turris for anything short of a lottery pick level prospect.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
Why would a first round pick being going along with Kadri?
Turris is clearly a better prospect than Kadri.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:55 PM
devilishleafs

Quote:

1. Why do you make trade proposals for other teams superstars and throw kadri in for him to get defamed by other teams.
2. Why do you listen to the other teams saying that kadri is crap because they are talking about him in context of their star players.
3. Why do you want to trade him when he has finally began to show glimpses of becoming a great hockey player.
4. Why do you want to acquire another player who is going to be a add on in another million dumb proposals attempting to acquire a superstar, and who is just barley able to make the leafs roster.
5 Why do you want to put yourself through the same pain that you went through and have been going through with kadri, only with a farther along the way player who IMO is closer to being a bust then kadri.

Turris showed glimpses of being an NHL player in the series that the phoenix coyotes got SWEPT by the Detroit red wings.. why do the leafs want to bring a player in who while playing well did not make a difference in any of the games he played in(aka did not lead his team to a win).
What? Your telling me that the limited time he was on the the ice he should of been a leader and make a differance against a powerful Detroit team and his 1st playoff apppearance. Thats insane logic, cause no one showed up for that series except Doan. Kadri has the potential to be a good 2nd line player but so far has shown weak defense and already has been moved to the wing cause he couldnt handle the position at this point. Turris is ripping it up right now but shows he can handle the position and developing into a good centre man (still raw but ahead of Kadri alot more), while Kadri has gaps in his game that need to be solved. He is getting better in the A but has alot of work to do to stay with the Leafs. Based on your logic A.Semin should not be a consideration for a Leaf-Wash trade cause he didnt show up in the playoffs, or Thornton from SJ would be a bad pick-up cause he isnt a playoff player. C'mon!

Old
07-15-2011, 01:56 PM
devilishleafs

Sorry meant to say Turris isnt ripping it up but showing more development than Kadri at centre.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
I don't see why Phoenix would do this. Kadri is a good prospect, but Turris was a highly touted pick as well and was starting to show something last year and seems poised to break out. Kadri hasn't proven anything yet and may not be ready to produce. Seems lateral. Turris is only a year older and supposedly has a higher ceiling anyhow.
Turris had 2 assists in his last 10 regular season games, and a whopping 3 points in a 4 game sweep. Seems like he's on the right path to breaking out though.

Kadri had 3 goals and 6 points in his last 10 games.

One is clearly much better than the other though.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:57 PM
blankall

Quote:

Based on this post you'd think Turris single handedly lost that Phoenix/Detroit series.

Turris averaged under 14 minutes a game and still put up 3 points in 4 games. Turris is definitely an "NHL player" at this point, and has the potential to break out even further. He was playing third/fourth line minutes, but look extremely likely to take on a top 6 role this year.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:57 PM
edruga

vCash: 666
Quote:
Explain, instead of just making statements.

Old
07-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Ew, why would Phoenix do this? Doesn't make sense, terrible trade for them.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
07-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
What makes Turris that much ahead of Kadri?

I'm not saying I'd do the deal or not. It's a flip of a coin at this point on who the better player will be. Neither has done much groundbreaking progression since being drafted.
I don't think there is a lot that sets them apart but Turris IMO is the more skilled player. His offensive potential is undeniable, I think he will turn things around and will start living up to his potential very soon. It's not that Turris lost his skill or his game didn't translate or anything, it's just that his development get delayed a bit because he was rushed. There was a reason he was being talked about going first overall ahead of Kane and JVR. He has potential and I think he will finally put it together but I'm a huge Turris fan so I'm a bit biased when I say that Turris>Kadri but Kadri is the safer pick. I think Kadri will make it for sure and might have more of an impact but if both players reach their potential, I take Turris over him. He needs to learn to use his shot more, he has wicked wrist shot that he needs to utilize a bit more IMO.

Old
07-15-2011, 02:00 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Not really.

Old
07-15-2011, 02:01 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
An EFFF no from Phoenix, in my opinion of course. We've spent a lot of time trying to develop Turris, and things seem to be looking up. Why would we take a step back in the process?
I don't really see it as a step back, but more of a lateral move. It's not that hard to come up with pros or cons why one guy is better or worse then the other. All that being said I don't see either GM making a move like this in fear that 2 years from now the guy they trade turns out better

Old
07-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-...lose/155/37090

Its been on the Leaf board for a little while and I didn't see it here. Being a hockeybuzz blogger I don't think this is the most credible, but hypothetically what do you think?

I feel neither team does this. This is a big year for both players as it could be a breakout for both. Instead of risking a deal like this, you might as well hold on to your guy and see how they turn out. Also Phoenix needs guys at center so I'm not sure why they would do this, unless they felt Kadri is fine at center.

Either way, there is value, and both haven't reached their potential, but neither team does it and should be patient with their guy.
I take Turris over Kadri in a heartbeat. What has Kadri done in the NHL again? Someone remind me. At least Turris has proved he can play some, Kadri has what 29 games

Old
07-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

I really hope not for Phoenix's sake.

Closed Thread