HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Part 3) Richards/Carter traded: Class of 2003

Old
07-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Slowbro

vCash: 500
The Shift will go down in flyers history though IMO

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
too bad he hasn't hit with relevance like that in a couple seasons.
Oh?

07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Slowbro

4 hit, 1 from 2009 and a hit on conolly where he should have gotten a game misconduct..

Old
07-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
4 hit, 1 from 2009 and a hit on conolly where he should have gotten a game misconduct..
You said the last couple of seasons, so I showed you hits from the last couple of seasons.

It's harder to find hits from this season because he was playing with a wrist injury that needed surgery.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You said the last couple of seasons, so I showed you hits from the last couple of seasons.

It's harder to find hits from this season because he was playing with a wrist injury that needed surgery.
i was referring to the booth hit actually and how richards was never the same, IMO.

Old
07-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
i was referring to the booth hit actually and how richards was never the same, IMO.
That definitely did happen(example: when he had an opportunity to ruin Weiss and went out of his way to avoid contact), but he snapped out of it pretty quickly once playoffs began.

Old
07-14-2011, 02:34 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Really? umm yeah Jump the Shark the sequel....

Que?

Prospect camp is fine and dandy, but there's a reason why the boards are sparse between mid-June and mid-September.

Fans are going to lament the Carter & Richards deals until we're watching meaningful games in the fall... and likely afterwards.

07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

Que?

Prospect camp is fine and dandy, but there's a reason why the boards are sparse between mid-June and mid-September.

Fans are going to lament the Carter & Richards deals until we're watching meaningful games in the fall... and likely afterwards.
Donde es la cocina...

Yeah you kind of answered your own question. Prospect camp is obviously about the future and some of that future we got because of the trade. People can lament and mourn and I'm not that thrilled about Richards being traded but seemed there were extenuating circumstances. Needless to say I just think the lament is a bit overkill that's all and actually I don't think it will end when there are meaningful games which to me don't happen until the second half anyway..unless the team is tanking like the Devils did the first half last year. Having said this I think the Flyers won't really gel until the 2nd half anyway and in the first half the lament will probably be more pronounced especially if Pronger is still out. Personally, I'd rather talk about these things like them probably being a 6 or 7 seed this upcoming season then beating the Richards and Carter horses to death but to each their own. I just hope their names and the debate don't pollute every thread like we had when certain detractors were doing it...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Donde es la cocina...

Yeah you kind of answered your own question. Prospect camp is obviously about the future and some of that future we got because of the trade. People can lament and mourn and I'm not that thrilled about Richards being traded but seemed there were extenuating circumstances. Needless to say I just think the lament is a bit overkill that's all and actually I don't think it will end when there are meaningful games which to me don't happen until the second half anyway..unless the team is tanking like the Devils did the first half last year. Having said this I think the Flyers won't really gel until the 2nd half anyway and in the first half the lament will probably be more pronounced especially if Pronger is still out. Personally, I'd rather talk about these things like them probably being a 6 or 7 seed this upcoming season then beating the Richards and Carter horses to death but to each their own. I just hope their names and the debate don't pollute every thread like we had when certain detractors were doing it...
You're worried about people polluting other threads yet you're coming in here telling people to get over it. Don't like it? Post in another thread.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:28 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You're worried about people polluting other threads yet you're coming in here telling people to get over it. Don't like it? Post in another thread.
Ja vol!

Old
07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Ja vol!

That's rich, coming from the person who was trying to dictate how people should post in this thread.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:48 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Do some of you guys not realize this is a thread dedicated to Richards and Carter?

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 10:56 AM
decadentia

There's really no need for anyone to flame in this thread, it's simply remembering/discussing what went down, and their time here as players.

Here's a shift of conversation...

What are your opinions on the reason the both were traded? It's been discussed quite a bit, still no clear answers, possibly never will be?

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Bryz4shiz

I miss the old days, roughly a year ago, when these dudes were the face of the franchise

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
There's really no need for anyone to flame in this thread, it's simply remembering/discussing what went down, and their time here as players.

What are your opinions on the reason the both were traded? It's been discussed quite a bit, still no clear answers, possibly never will be?
Reading between the lines of some of what Renegade said until all his posts were sent into the Orwellian memory hole and that Dobberhockey guy (whatever his name was) let's just say that it seemed that management had to do what they did. All the specifics and the controversy that surrounds some of those specifics and whether they are valid or not is more ancillary. Eventually more will come out that probably backs management's decision even though I have my issues with management but I still back them on this particular decision even if it causes a bit of a step back for bit....sometimes have to take a step or two back to take a leap forward. Hopefully that will be the case in this instance...

Old
07-14-2011, 11:43 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Do some of you guys not realize this is a thread dedicated to Richards and Carter?
Somehow im the prospect scrimmage thread, there is Jeff Carter / Mike Richards talk.

**** happens I guess?

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Somehow im the prospect scrimmage thread, there is Jeff Carter / Mike Richards talk.

**** happens I guess?
Sure complaining there makes sense, but not here. If people started complaining about how we are discussing prospects in a prospect thread, wouldn't that be odd?

Old
07-14-2011, 11:56 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post

Really don't know. I still believe that they're just scapegoats and that Snider got impatient (Richards and Carter are the ones to blame, they couldn't get it done, nevermind the ****show we had in net), but we'll never know the full story.

The fact that they signed Carter to the deal in November (didn't need to) and then decided on trading them 6 months later tells me this was impulsive more than anything. What did you find out about him in those 6 months that you didn't already know?

If they really were cancers (I don't think they were) good riddance.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Sure complaining there makes sense, but not here. If people started complaining about how we are discussing prospects in a prospect thread, wouldn't that be odd?
Oh no, dont misunderstand me. I can care less if people are still talking about Carter and Richards. I thought someone was talking off of subject, hence by your post. That would teach me to read the posts posted before yours.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:05 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

When asked if Illy, Jagr, and Pronger will be able to get along personality-wise, Mez let this gem slip:

"Chris has been a part of the team longer and he led the room last season, the other two are new faces. These are all players with great authority. So they will be respected, plus they have great experience."

He led the room last season?

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
When asked if Illy, Jagr, and Pronger will be able to get along personality-wise, Mez let this gem slip:

"Chris has been a part of the team longer and he led the room last season, the other two are new faces. These are all players with great authority. So they will be respected, plus they have great experience."

He led the room last season?

He knows if he disagrees/crosses Pronger he'll get traded off the team too.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:40 PM
skoods

I have no problem with people posting here and remembering them fondly or saying they miss Richards/Carter. My problem is with the people who say, "I'm a Kings fan now," or "I'm going to be watching Kings games now," or "No one on this team is any good or worth a jersey purchase," ect...

Sports are a business, and you are supposed to understand that, in this day and age, no contract is guaranteed as trades can occur at any time for any player. Would it have been nice to keep Richards? Sure, but, the team now has much more flexibility down the line and landed the best prospect in the world by trading him. It sucks that he won't be here anymore but to say that you're switching allegiances because of one player doesn't show pride or integrity...it shows naivety.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 09:10 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
I have no problem with people posting here and remembering them fondly or saying they miss Richards/Carter. My problem is with the people who say, "I'm a Kings fan now," or "I'm going to be watching Kings games now," or "No one on this team is any good or worth a jersey purchase," ect...

Sports are a business, and you are supposed to understand that, in this day and age, no contract is guaranteed as trades can occur at any time for any player. Would it have been nice to keep Richards? Sure, but, the team now has much more flexibility down the line and landed the best prospect in the world by trading him. It sucks that he won't be here anymore but to say that you're switching allegiances because of one player doesn't show pride or integrity...it shows naivety.
So people aren't allowed to follow other teams or players they like because you don't care?

If anything you should understand why people may not want to buy a Jersey with a name on it. I mean
Quote:
Sports are a business, and you are supposed to understand that, in this day and age, no contract is guaranteed as trades can occur at any time for any player.
It is one thing for someone to say they will now start following other teams, and another thing to say they hate this team and they no longer are a fan.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:23 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post

It's actually none of your business what anyone does. I'm not drinking the kool-aid that the FO is handing out. The Flyers are still my favourite team but I'm not excited about this upcoming season at all, especially knowing Talbot, Shelley, Jagr and possibly MFL will be part of it. I will be watching the Kings and CBJ as well as the Flyers as my 2 fave NHL players are on those teams along with others like Gagne and Doughty in LA and Nash in Columbus. The Flyers chose to blow the team to smithereens, I choose to not buy any jerseys with names on them and probably won't buy any Flyers' items, period. I'm in wait and see mode until the FO shows they actually have a plan in place.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Ghost of Downie*

Am I the only one who just wants to stop talking about it and move on? Nothing is going to change in this thread unless we get new info. Some people are pissed they're gone. Some people are happy. These viewpoints aren't going to change.

Let's just get ready for this ****ing season.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote