HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All TV/Viewing Questions

Old
07-15-2011, 05:28 PM
diehard

vCash: 500
the thing is i don't need phone or internet. just the tv, and 95% just for ranger HD games. does anyone know if thats included in the basic cablevision plan?

diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 05:38 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Same.... I use my DVR religiously, and was able to download the FiOS Blackberry App, so I can manage my DVR remotely from my phone... It's a huge plus for me because my roommate has the only DVR box in our house, and he lives in the first floor apartment of our house (I live upstairs).
Same here it's excellent and yea my DVR list is constantly growing. I never had DVR in my life until this year and now I can't imagine life without it...kinda awesome and kinda sad. lol.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
8 7 7

3 9 3

888888!!!!
"Call your mom, call your date, from state to state"

Lol

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:57 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

I come in peace.

FiOS user here.

Does anyone have the slightest clue as to when we'll finally get the HD feed?

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 06:59 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Fios is by far the best...unfortunately it doesnt have MSG HD.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:20 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post
I come in peace.

FiOS user here.

It probably wont be for a long long time unless Verizon wows cablevision with an offer for it...

The FCC hasn't even issued a final ruling yet on Cablevisons appeal, and when they do, if they said with Verizon, Cablevision will file suit and take it to court, and so will Verizon if they agree with Cablevision.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
Same here it's excellent and yea my DVR list is constantly growing. I never had DVR in my life until this year and now I can't imagine life without it...kinda awesome and kinda sad. lol.
I record and watch every Ranger game on a delay, even if I was home to catch the start of the game... I've become accustomed to fast forwarding through the commercials and most of the intermissions.... I love watching a 2 1/2 hour broadcast in about 90 minutes.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I record and watch every Ranger game on a delay, even if I was home to catch the start of the game... I've become accustomed to fast forwarding through the commercials and most of the intermissions.... I love watching a 2 1/2 hour broadcast in about 90 minutes.
That's a cool idea.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
That's a cool idea.
A lot of people hate the notion of watching on a "delay", but you get acclimated to it fairly quickly and there's nothing better than watching an extremely fast-paced and exciting 1st period, and being able to fast forward in the matter of a minute or two, to the start of the 2nd period and having that continuation of play... I really enjoy it.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post
I come in peace.

FiOS user here.

When Cablevision's legal appeals run out and they are forced to give Verizon the HD signal.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Fios is by far the best...unfortunately it doesnt have MSG HD.
Negative, I switched from Fios soley based on their piss poor service if you're a hockey fan.

1. No MSG-HD

2. Their center ice package only broadcasts 1 or 2 games in HD. They have 1 HD dedicated channel to start the season, somewhere down the line after the baseball season ends they'll add a second. But either way, a measley 2 HD channels for an entire season of hockey?? Garbage IMO.. Rest of their service was great, just not the service for a hockey fan..

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

In my opinion, DirecTV wins hands down. MSG HD. Center ice has an HD option for EVERY game. Apparently now they are going to start free NFL Sunday ticket for all subscribers. They have awesome free UEFA packs for all those soccer fans out there. I have friends with all the other providers, and nothing compares.

The weather blackouts are extremely rare and like people have said only occur during torrential downpours and blizzard conditions.

DirecTV hands down. Prices are reasonable as well.

Also...yes they had that dispute with Versus, but it wasn't for that long, and MANY people got free Center Ice for the year if you called to complain. They do what they can to keep subscribers happy.

Last edited by RangerBlue62: 07-15-2011 at 08:56 PM.
RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 08:59 PM
duffman1183

best viewing options outside of NY

so i've lived on long island all my life and my job recently relocated to northern virginia (caps country...ugh). by the end of the year i'll be down there as well. anyway, whats the best viewing options you guys have found for watching ranger games out of market? having never been out of the NY market i've never had to handle jumping through hoops to watch my teams. i'm open to internet streaming through gamecenter or whatever since my laptop has an hdmi out that i can run right to my tv. basically whatever will get me reliable rangers HD feeds (at least somewhat close to what i'm used to with cablevision) with sam and joe announcing, would definetly like to avoid watching away telecasts if at all possible. so what do you guys who are out of the NY area use?

also, if anyone has any suggestions for yankee games as well i'd love to hear them.

thanks

duffman1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 09:00 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

In Buffalo I'm stuck with Time Warner and Center Ice, it's not terrible though the Rangers games are rarely in HD and if they are it's usually the away feed.

As far as I understand with Direct TV you could buy an MSG package and have it be no different than if you were on LI still

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 09:16 PM
E Nixson