HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #17

View Poll Results: Who is the #17 Rangers prospect?
Jason Wilson 1 1.35%
Mikhail Pashnin 22 29.73%
Michael St. Croix 28 37.84%
Dale Weise 21 28.38%
Cameron Talbot 0 0%
Blake Parlett 2 2.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Pashnin x4 now

Old
07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Pashnin add Niemi

Old
07-15-2011, 05:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

St. Croix, add Thuresson.

I think I might be giving an add vote to Kolarik after this, I like him more than most of the guys left.

Old
07-15-2011, 05:58 PM
eco's bones

Weise. Thuresson.

Old
07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Still cant understand how Weiss didnt get placed like 5 spots ago. The guy's NHL ready. This voting process is horrendously wrong this time around. Too many cattle just staying with the herd

Old
07-15-2011, 06:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Still cant understand how Weiss didnt get placed like 5 spots ago. The guy's NHL ready. This voting process is horrendously wrong this time around. Too many cattle just staying with the herd
Blame Weise for being outplayed by Chad Kolarik and Kris Newbury in his NHL callup this year.

Never been too high on him.

Old
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
All this love for Weise, and yet still 3/4 of posters spell his name wrong!

Old
07-15-2011, 07:11 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I have no problem voting for guys wherever I see fit once we're a vote removed from their draft and we've got new information on them, but I think it's a bit silly that less than a MONTH removed from the most recent draft a sufficient number of posters think they know more than our scouting staff (not to mention that of every other team since they all had a shot at McColgan between when we picked St. Croix and our next pick) that McColgan placed before St. Croix. (Although I like both players and would have voted for both of them ahead of Bourque for example.)

Anyhoo... St. Croix again. Add Noreau again.

Old
07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I have no problem voting for guys wherever I see fit once we're a vote removed from their draft and we've got new information on them, but I think it's a bit silly that less than a MONTH removed from the most recent draft a sufficient number of posters think they know more than our scouting staff (not to mention that of every other team since they all had a shot at McColgan between when we picked St. Croix and our next pick) that McColgan placed before St. Croix. (Although I like both players and would have voted for both of them ahead of Bourque for example.)

I agree with this. Obviously players' stock goes up and down, depending on their performance. I can certainly understand why Jesper Fasth would be ranked above Andrew Yogan after the year both of them had, despite Yogan being drafted two rounds earlier.

However, there was not a single game, not even a practice meet-up since St. Croix went a round ahead of McColgan. Do the fans here really know more than professionals?

Old
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I agree with this. Obviously players' stock goes up and down, depending on their performance. I can certainly understand why Jesper Fasth would be ranked above Andrew Yogan after the year both of them had, despite Yogan being drafted two rounds earlier.

However, there was not a single game, not even a practice meet-up since St. Croix went a round ahead of McColgan. Do the fans here really know more than professionals?
When the media buzzes that a player could be the steal of the draft, people are going to listen. He was also called the best player taken in his round, and that he and St. Croix were fallers in the draft. People like what they hear about McColgan because he is a gritty smaller player, who will stick up for his teammates, and is gifted offensively. How can you not want a player like that? Also, he fell because of injury and his height, not because of skill. Like you stated before, having a really good playoffs showed that he got off to a slow start because of missing camp. It's all possible that he could have been a 2nd rounder taken around where Grimaldi was taken, if he wasn't hurt, and you know how many people wanted us to take Grimaldi at 15.

I personally like the McColgan pick more than the St. Croix pick, and that is what made me put him higher on my list.

Old
07-15-2011, 07:57 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I went with Partlett, although Weise or Pashnin are good ones for this round, too. Add Thuresson

Old
07-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Is Pashnin playing in the AHL this year? Or is it KHL again? Kid could really be a huge surprise when he comes to NA to play hockey.

Old
07-15-2011, 08:57 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Weise
St. Croix
Pashnin

add Thuresson
then Ceresnak
then Campbell

Old
07-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Is Pashnin playing in the AHL this year? Or is it KHL again? Kid could really be a huge surprise when he comes to NA to play hockey.

He's signed by the Red Army for another season. He will need to establish him as a top pairing defenseman in the KHL if he wants to be considered a legitimate prospect a year from now. The kid will be 23 years old at the end the upcoming season and if he can't play at the KHL level at that age, the odds of him cracking the NHL are slim to none. Unless he's a top-shelf blueliner in the KHL next year, I doubt the Rangers give him a contract.

Old
07-15-2011, 09:19 PM
darko

St Croix, add Stajcer

Old
07-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
He's signed by the Red Army for another season. He will need to establish him as a top pairing defenseman in the KHL if he wants to be considered a legitimate prospect a year from now. The kid will be 23 years old at the end the upcoming season and if he can't play at the KHL level at that age, the odds of him cracking the NHL are slim to none. Unless he's a top-shelf blueliner in the KHL next year, I doubt the Rangers give him a contract.
I thought I read he was on the top pair this season in the KHL on his team?

He appears to keep impressing people at the Ranger camps, maybe not though since the Rangers dont desperately try to get him over to NA sooner....

Old
07-15-2011, 09:50 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Voted Weise.

Wow this team really needs some goalie prospects.

Old
07-15-2011, 09:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
Voted Weise.

I agree, but with Henrik and a strong backup in Marty, we're more than fine at G.

Old
07-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
Voted Weise.

When Lundqvist hits 32, I will agree with you. We have nothing to worry about at that position anytime soon..

Old
07-15-2011, 10:33 PM
RangerFan10

we don't have much to worry about but it would be nice if we had some depth.

Old
07-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
I thought I read he was on the top pair this season in the KHL on his team?

He appears to keep impressing people at the Ranger camps, maybe not though since the Rangers dont desperately try to get him over to NA sooner....

Apparently he was at the end of the season, but before that he got sent down to juniors. In Russia, unlike the NHL, players can go back and forth from the KHL to the MHL (their junior league) and back.

Next year, he needs to win a spot on the top pairing full time. If he can't dominate the KHL at the age of 23, then the NHL won't be in his future.

Old
07-15-2011, 11:30 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Apparently he was at the end of the season, but before that he got sent down to juniors. In Russia, unlike the NHL, players can go back and forth from the KHL to the MHL (their junior league) and back.

Next year, he needs to win a spot on the top pairing full time. If he can't dominate the KHL at the age of 23, then the NHL won't be in his future.
I wouldn't say that he needs to dominate the KHL, but he has to get past being the 6th option on his team if he wants to be a legitimate prospect.

If it weren't for those PR articles on the Rangers' website, no one would be talking about this guy. IMO, there is very little appeal in a 22 year-old undersized physical type who is lacking in all other aspects of the game.

Old
07-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
If it weren't for those PR articles on the Rangers' website, no one would be talking about this guy. IMO, there is very little appeal in a 22 year-old undersized physical type who is lacking in all other aspects of the game.

I think it's the fact that he went first overall in the KHL draft.

Old
07-16-2011, 01:08 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
I think it's the fact that he went first overall in the KHL draft.
And the rookie camp he had with us, which lead to the "PR article"

Old
07-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Wow. BFD I misspelled the name of the guy "there's so much love for"... which is clearly obvious despite he hasn't been voted yet by all these "experts" that found this board lately.

It is what it is and you know what I meant. If any of you kids had the last few weeks I had, you'd be dead by now, so one letter off aint **** in comparison.

Closed Thread