HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lepistö going to Manhattan (UPDATE: Signs with CHI)

Old
07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Now contact Eminger

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Now contact Eminger
Exactly my thoughts.
Or pull off RBs proposed trade = Christ + mid prospect to Dallas for Fistric...
Nothing left out there it seems
Sather iswaiting the outcome of his stalling game with the two remaining RFAs tying his hands to finish off the final pieces.
Vinny P is also a hostage here I believe
Time will tell...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 01:10 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Good, didn't not want. Screw eminger let's play with the kids we got. I'd much rather play musical third pairing with mdz-erixon-valentenko without the premier NHL journeyman in eminger jumping into the mix.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:29 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Good, didn't not want. Screw eminger let's play with the kids we got. I'd much rather play musical third pairing with mdz-erixon-valentenko without the premier NHL journeyman in eminger jumping into the mix.
What if 2 of those 3 aren't ready? What if there are injuries? We need a 7th dman and we don't want any of those 3 sitting in the press box. Whether it's Eminger or someone else, Slats is going to sign someone.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 02:38 PM
xxxZENxxx

What is everyone's infatuation with Eminger? The guy was in the press box half the time. And we better not be re-signing him for anything over $750K or I am going to vomit.

I don't mind a veteran D, but let's get some new blood in here. There are a ton of guys still out there. I would rather have a big & nasty D that might push people around. Either way... don't expect any type of signing until Cally & Dubi are taken care of. And even then, I wouldn't be surprised if Sather gave some training camp tryouts before signing someone to cheap 1 year deal. That seems to be his M.O.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Now contact Eminger
yep our buddy Eminger makes the most sense. Hope he takes a two way dealio

he is a good 7th for sure. He did hit alot

If Vtank is out of options I agree go with the kids. I can see Erixon and DZ getting the nod but I don't want to lose Valentenko

if all 3 have options well then they battle it out and Eminger makes sense as the 7th

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
What is everyone's infatuation with Eminger? The guy was in the press box half the time. And we better not be re-signing him for anything over $750K or I am going to vomit.

I don't mind a veteran D, but let's get some new blood in here. There are a ton of guys still out there. I would rather have a big & nasty D that might push people around. Either way... don't expect any type of signing until Cally & Dubi are taken care of. And even then, I wouldn't be surprised if Sather gave some training camp tryouts before signing someone to cheap 1 year deal. That seems to be his M.O.
And where do you expect the 7th defenseman to be?

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Eminger is also a righty, which makes him a better fit in that regard, for the bottom pairing since both MDZ and Erixon are lefties. Lepisto is a lefty.

07-16-2011, 07:27 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Lepisto @$750,000 for 1 year would have fit the Rangers price point. Eminger would need to take a 50% cut in salary to accept the same deal Lepisto signed but that's what Eminger should get.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 01:11 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
samilepisto Sami Lepisto
Shiskebab shikaka Chicaaaago!!! Very excited being part of the Blackhawks!!! Let's do this!!!
22 hours ago
This is hysterical. Name that movie...

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 02:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

am glad we didn't sign him. I am all for going with the kids. Erixon is ready if he's been able to hang with the SEL. Valentenko is ready IMO. His game is solid like McDs although it is a different style. Hard for him to get into trouble. MDZ HAS played in the NHL. He's just a matter of whether he has been able to shore up any deficiencies that caused him to get sent down in the first place. We also have the more unlikely candidates in Kundratek who is like Valentenko but with less shot blocking and minus a cannon and Pashnin who is admittedly a total ??? but that guy was playing in the KHL, also another men's league so he been tested in a men's arena. So it's not what if 2 of 3 aren't ready, what if 4 of 5 aren't ready. I like those odds. If things are totally unacceptable, we can always wait till preseason to sign someone or go the try out route a la Semenov and that way there will be no risk as to carrying a contract. That's actually what I'd like to see Slats do. Question now is who do you offer a camp tryout invite?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
no thanks I'd rather sign someone decent rather than hope and pray with the "kids"

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
no thanks I'd rather sign someone decent rather than hope and pray with the "kids"
That's not even the point--there will, most likely be another young player added to the defense--either Erixon will make squad or Del Zotto will find his way back (although given the fact he was unable to play because of injuries after he was sent down, makes it less likely he will start the season with the Rangers). Two other defensmen between them have a total of 116 played in the NHL. I cannot imagine the organization being content to go with what they have in the system. This team has integrated a lot of youth into the lineup and it's worked well. But, now with a player like Richards (and Lundqvist in his prime), the stakes have gotten that much higher. I'm sure they are looking to bring in a veteran defenseman.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote