HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp July 10 - July 16

Old
07-16-2011, 05:26 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Eakin is CHL or NHL bound for next season....cannot be AHL....
That's not correct.

Edit: Any CHL player that turns 20 before December 31st and has played 4 full season of Junior hockey is eligible to play in the AHL. Eakin is 20 now and played 4 seasons.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 05:28 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
That's not correct.

Edit: Any CHL player that turns 20 before December 31st and has played 4 full season of Junior hockey is eligible to play in the AHL. Eakin is 20 now.
I thought he was still 19.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 05:52 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
That's not correct.

Edit: Any CHL player that turns 20 before December 31st and has played 4 full season of Junior hockey is eligible to play in the AHL. Eakin is 20 now and played 4 seasons.
IINM, it's "or", not "and".

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 07:49 PM
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
George seems to value quality people. Maybe Haar and him just hit it off in their time at Kettler. I noticed many kids that looked good, and he just wasnt one that stood out in the limited ~60 minutes of play I saw. I barely noticed Haar.

He is just tooting his own horn loving his 7th rounder. Sarcasm or not, I leave it to you. Boyd obviously did good. Paq and Mitchell looked good doing their thing. Stevenson. Edmonson looked good. That speedy guy Syner? did his thing.
I suspect a big part of it is McPhee simply trying to pump up young guys, give them confidence that they can hang and consider themselves 'NHL prospects'.

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
I suspect a big part of it is McPhee simply trying to pump up young guys, give them confidence that they can hang and consider themselves 'NHL prospects'.
Certainly probable. But to single out our 7th... i dunno. Why not Boyd, or someone else he drafted, or all of them. Not a bad idea to get a pick to feel good about themselves, and believe in themselves. The power of the mind is more than many can harness, let alone ones own mind. I believe hockey becomes mental for many, after enough reps. Positive thinking goes farther than many know. The human mind is unmapped and extremely complex. Having a positive attitude generally leads to more positive things.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:21 AM
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Certainly probable. But to single out our 7th... i dunno. Why not Boyd, or someone else he drafted, or all of them. Not a bad idea to get a pick to feel good about themselves, and believe in themselves. The power of the mind is more than many can harness, let alone ones own mind. I believe hockey becomes mental for many, after enough reps. Positive thinking goes farther than many know. The human mind is unmapped and extremely complex. Having a positive attitude generally leads to more positive things.
In one interview I read he also praised boyd. On mobile, so was too lazy to go find the link and name..

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
I think they're just simply pleased by what they saw in them given their age and experience level. Haar had a few assists in the scrimmages and seems to have been one of the more dynamic defensemen offensively. McPhee likes his mobile puck movers.

GMGM is also trying to get him into a top notch NCAA program for the fall in fairly late fashion. It looks as though BC has seven defensemen in the fold but perhaps they could use another puck mover. They lost Samuelsson and outside of Dumoulin & Cross everyone else is more along the lines of Wey. Solid first-pass stay-at-home types can thrive there thanks to their speedy forwards and transition game but having another offensive contributor would help their PP. Getting him to BC in the fall would be huge.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Hewy

how's brett flemming looked? personal friend of mine, just wanting to see how this camp has gone for him. thanks

Hewy is offline   Reply With Quote