HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Semin to Detroit is now an E4

Old
07-16-2011, 10:08 PM
brevard*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTheBrave View Post
The worst thing about Eklund related rumors is that people say it's stupid but then threads about his lame rumors end up being pages upon pages long.

Which, in the end...still makes him win.
What I would love to see here is mods with the balls to give infractions to anyone who posts anti eklund posts on threads like these. If you do not like Eklund threads then do not click the link. I was hoping to get to see what peple thought it would cost, the impact on the caps, the impact on the wings. ... instead I so far see nothing but non related drivel and it is evidnt by the amount that Mods intend to do nothing about that. ... sad.

Simply put posting an anti eklund comment rather than posting about said rumor should be an automatic infraction. If it were that way this thread would have 10 posts rather than multiple pages.

As for the rumor, while Semin is a good talent, would he actually end up a disruption? I am not convinced someone as defensively lacking (lazy) as he is would be a good addition for the Wings to make.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:11 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
What I would love to see here is mods with the balls to give infractions to anyone who posts anti eklund posts on threads like these. If you do not like Eklund threads then do not click the link. I was hoping to get to see what peple thought it would cost, the impact on the caps, the impact on the wings. ... instead I so far see nothing but non related drivel and it is evidnt by the amount that Mods intend to do nothing about that. ... sad.

Simply put posting an anti eklund comment rather than posting about said rumor should be an automatic infraction. If it were that way this thread would have 10 posts rather than multiple pages.

As for the rumor, while Semin is a good talent, would he actually end up a disruption? I am not convinced someone as defensively lacking (lazy) as he is would be a good addition for the Wings to make.
Agreed, it could be counted as de-railing the threads original topic and proposal.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Paladin2799

This may be an oppertunity for washington to get some 'hardhat and lunchpail types' for a run at the cup with vokoun, and also for detroit to get younger and more dangerous at the same time.

Semin could play for the year and see how he meshes, and if he fits in he is a perfect target for a longer term discounted contract. Detroits culture of great russian players, and skill/dangle from datsyk makes it an ideal team to turn Semin from good to extremely good.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:20 PM
HTFN

Quote:

Would be a good point if he were defensively lacking, instead of one of the best defensive forwards on the Capitals roster.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Quote:

This is not to sound anal or anything but you defeated your own argument by making a statement yourself in this thread rather than sending a PM to a MOD. In a way you are doing exactly what you are accusing others are doing, frankly I think it's relevant to question the validity of a rumour whether it's Eklund or not, the last thing we need here is The Spanish Inquisition type of monitoring of posts where no one will be too keen on sharing viewpoints. It's hockey and it's meant to be fun. If you don't like the criticisms of Eklund it is easy to skip over the posts, to ask for an infraction, I don't get it, it almost sounds agenda driven. Call me skeptical, but I am always leary when people call for censorship on a message board.

Thanks.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:27 PM
winger7020

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
Detroit's going to have to give up at least one solid roster player, if not two for Semin. I doubt McPhee is interested in the Wings' draft picks, especially the first because at the lowest it'll be in the 16-20 range. It may be an upgrade to where the Caps end up on the board this year, but maybe not. Plus, the Caps are interested in winning now, not 5 years from now.

Semin may be scary on Datsyuk's wing, but I can still see him having huge stretches where he disappears entirely and Datsyuk has to do everything himself. He seems like the kind of guy that if you try to whip him into shape it will have the reverse effect. He's got some character issues for sure, so Detroit needs to know what they're getting here. If he stays healthy and fairly consistent he's a PPG player, but he may be carrying some extra baggage.

I've said from the beginning of these Semin proposals that the two teams make awful trading partners right now. Really, Detroit makes an awful trading partner with anyone not trying to rebuild or not overpaying drastically to get Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Eklund may know just about nothing in most cases, but you never know.

I think it'll have to be Filppula +. I don't think the Wings have too many pieces the Caps are interested in.
I think you would be right with Filppula + if it were just drw - caps but there is a third team involved according to the rumor. Could be a team rebuilding looking to offload someone who doesn't fit the rebuild. Who knows..

winger7020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:33 PM
sillygoose

Quote:
have you ever watched alexander semin play a game? even when he gets **** for not showing up on offense, he still shows up on defense, is the caps best defensive foward, and a top 20 wing(could be higher but the amount of hate semin receives from people is ridiculous so i'll just go lower, not worth debating) defensively in the league.

sillygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Not a bad idea, either that or we start forum banning the posters who feel the need to start derailing Eklund threads.

07-16-2011, 10:58 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4Favre View Post
Not a bad idea, either that or we start forum banning the posters who feel the need to start derailing Eklund threads.
Exactly. Isn't Eklund a member here? So isnt bashing him just like bashing me or you?

The hate he gets is just ridiculous.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Exactly. Isn't Eklund a member here? So isnt bashing him just like bashing me or you?

The hate he gets is just ridiculous.
That's correct, Eklund is a member here. So the rules posted cover him the same way they cover all our other members.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:03 PM
tmunnuch

I hope this happens. For the sake of Semin. Playing in Detroit will make him a better hockey player.

tmunnuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:06 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Thank you.

Now back to the topic. What realistically could Det offer that would keep the caps under the cap AND give them a better playoff shot ( In there eyes ).

I saw someone post Filppula but it would have to be more complicated than that.

Old
07-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Shaman464
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
Thank you.

Now back to the topic. What realistically could Det offer that would keep the caps under the cap AND give them a better playoff shot ( In there eyes ).

Filppula+2012 first

Shaman464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Birko19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
Thank you.

Probably Filppula, a top prospect, and a 1st, which personally I would not do at all, I like Semin and all but:

A) He only has 1 year under contract (An expensive contract might I add).

B) Filppula is a very underrated player, while he does not put up a lot of numbers like Semin, he's our legit number 2 center and fantastic defensively, dealing him would make us weaker in the middle.

C) Along with B, I would not be happy with giving away one of our blue chippers if not needed to, as far as I'm concerned, there's no need for Semin, I would rather just wait for the deadline or next summer if they want a high end forward.

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:20 PM
BostonAJ

Zetterberg for Semin straight up.

BostonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:23 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman464 View Post
Filppula+2012 first
Value is there, but the Caps aren't rebuilding and they downgrade in talent.

Semin+Schultz--->Filppula+Kindl.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Birko19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAJ View Post
Zetterberg for Semin straight up.
Although this would help Detroit in the long run considering that Zetterberg is tied to a very long contract, has a bad back, and is getting older, let's not forget that he's a winner and most likely will be the next captain, therefore the answer is no, this is not happening.

Old
07-16-2011, 11:24 PM
alx83*

Quote:
So the rules posted cover him the same way they cover all our other members.
Oh?

So when people post links to blogs, of freelance hockey writers and such, that are supposedly rumors or speculation, they get shot down (thread closed). If that's the case, what makes Eklund's stuff credible? I mean, I can understand rumors. I know that we don't hear 90% of the talks that go on behind closed doors. I'm actually pretty understanding about the fact that most of the content of Eklund's post is chatter that actually could be going on around the league. But there's been plenty of E3/E4/maybe even E5's that don't happen. I'm just wondering what qualifies him over, say... Hockey Break (guy broke a few signings on July 1st) on Twitter?

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:31 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Oh?

So when people post links to blogs, of freelance hockey writers and such, that are supposedly rumors or speculation, they get shot down (thread closed). If that's the case, what makes Eklund's stuff credible? I mean, I can understand rumors. I know that we don't hear 90% of the talks that go on behind closed doors. I'm actually pretty understanding about the fact that most of the content of Eklund's post is chatter that actually could be going on around the league. But there's been plenty of E3/E4/maybe even E5's that don't happen. I'm just wondering what qualifies him over, say... Hockey Break (guy broke a few signings on July 1st) on Twitter?

Can't you send him a PM for this ?

We just got on track here.

Old
07-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Jimbo7200

Filppula, Pulkkinen, and a 2012 1st for Semin.

Caps get a good, responsible center, a nice prospect who's similar to the player they're giving up, and a high draft pick.

Wings get a damn fine player.

Dealio?

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Birko19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post

Caps get a good, responsible center, a nice prospect who's similar to the player they're giving up, and a high draft pick.

Dealio?
For one year of Semin and a risk of losing him? No thank you, he's good, but NOT THAT good.

Old
07-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Jimbo7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
For one year of Semin and a risk of losing him? No thank you, he's good, but NOT THAT good.
So make the pick conditional upon his resigning. They get a 4th if he doesn't resign, a 1st if he does.

I do the deal but I also make damn sure I sign him. I'd have Pavel at the negotiating table if I had to.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:37 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post

Dealio?
You have to take Hudler too.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Value is there, but the Caps aren't rebuilding and they downgrade in talent.

Semin+Schultz--->Filppula+Kindl.
That is what i was thinking. The only thing I can think of is the Zetterberg for Semin straight up. Reason being neither team is rebuilding, both players help more. Tough for Detroit to lose Zetterberg but i think the younger Semin with Dats would make up for that lose over time.

No team would give up picks and Salary would be the only thing changing hands. Semin I believe would re-sign with Detroit to stay. I think it would be a win for both, Washington now for the playoffs and Detroit gets younger with a good talent to hopefully build around.

Old
puckinpassgoal

If the trade is just between Detroit and the Caps I'm thinking Filppula and Hudler for Semin a backup goaltender Braden Holtby. This could clear up a little more cap space for Detroit to resign Semin next year and Hudler will be a free agent next year if he is not playing well for Washington then trade him before the deadline. Washington would be getting a good third line centre in Filppula who can play the wing on the second line like he did for Detroit.

puckinpassgoal is offline   Reply With Quote