HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you take Komi Back For...

Old
07-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
I'd rather have Mara at 700k+

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:10 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Amazing how he went from the highest rated prospect in years, to such a hated man. Just shows you how manic Hab fans are. When we drafted him, the homers were comparing him to Scott Stevens, they wouldn't have traded him for anyone, sort of like how they rant about Subban.
Do you realize that actually, the guy suck..plain and simple.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Amazing how he went from the highest rated prospect in years, to such a hated man. Just shows you how manic Hab fans are. When we drafted him, the homers were comparing him to Scott Stevens, they wouldn't have traded him for anyone, sort of like how they rant about Subban.
Kinda like how many people wouldn't take Doughty over Subban?

It's always been that way. To be fair though, we aren't the only fan base that does it. For instance, just look at Maple Leafs'. When I first joined this board, they were raving about Kyle Wellwood, Alexander Steen and Carlo Cola... Ugh. I'm not going to spell it out.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

He dishonor famiry! Not want!

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:12 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Kinda like how many people wouldn't take Doughty over Subban?

It's always been that way. To be fair though, we aren't the only fan base that does it. For instance, just look at Maple Leafs'. When I first joined this board, they were raving about Kyle Wellwood, Alexander Steen and Carlo Cola... Ugh. I'm not going to spell it out.
Well said. It's not a unique problem to MTL fans, it's a problem every fan base has. Just look at Bozak's small sample from two years ago and how they raved about him being a reason they'd do so much better (and make the playoffs) the following year. Didn't work out so well for them did it?

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 07-17-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: not needed
JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:19 PM
habsjunkie2*

I'd take him for Spacek, because I feel playing with Markov could bring out the best in Komi and also believes he provides an element to the game we are sorely lacking. I don't believe spacek provides anything unique and his skill set isn't what it used to be, so I would take Komi over him.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:24 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Did Toronto offer Komisarek three times the salary that Montreal was willing to pay him?

Not to mention that the analogy is deeply flawed. Komisarek had already made more than enough money in Montreal to last a lifetime and lead a very comfortable life. Montreal's offer was also very strong (reportedly). In fact, if the rumours are true, it was way too strong for an average defensive defenceman with no offensive upside.

Komisarek chose to leave. It was probably because he's greedy. He also didn't seem to like it in Montreal. Good for him and good for us that he's gone. He wouldn't make this team better.
We should probably turn Erik Cole away then.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Ceux de Montreal
help

I remember 2008 Canadiens edition. Komisarek was the only player on it that wasnt terrified by Lucic. He's the only one who fought til the end in that series. He got his ass kicked twice defending his teammate by fighting an heavyweight fighter, because nobody else in that year (except maybe Kovalev) gave a **** about the jersey they were wearing.

Yeah, he crossed the line so he's never welcome back here anymore, but I'll show him a little respect for that.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:38 PM
ChoseLa

At this point he's basicly Mara but with too much confidence problems. I never like how Komi always seemed out of his game whenever he'd had to face an adversary in a scrum or in a fight. While Mara can take a beating or give one without looking like his dog just die.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:54 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Never in a million years at that price and especially with two years left.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The beard would need a separate contract

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:04 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
HELL ****ING NO!!!!

Guy has gotten worse each year since making the all-star game. He just doesn't bring it anymore. Not for 4.5, you ****ing nuts?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't see the need for Komisarek. The Habs have already turned in a new direction. Most of the newer Dmen in the system (Weber, Yemelin. Subban, Beaulieu, Diaz) are more gifted offensively.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Do you realize that actually, the guy suck..plain and simple.
Do you realize that years ago, people here were comparing him to Stevens, plain and simple? I never said he was a great player, I just love the same people trashing him, were probably the same ones who wouldn't have traded him for anyone... like every other prospect we have.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Do you realize that years ago, people here were comparing him to Stevens, plain and simple? I never said he was a great player, I just love the same people trashing him, were probably the same ones who wouldn't have traded him for anyone... like every other prospect we have.
Komisarek had some excellent years with us. It's funny to see people tear him down because he changed teams as a UFA.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:54 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Komisarek had some excellent years with us. It's funny to see people tear him down because he changed teams as a UFA.
He should be loyal to the fans, and sign for a hometown discount, $500,000/year to help get better teammates. It's more than he'll ever need, unless he's wasteful.

The fact he has not done so makes him a traitor.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Fozz

No thanks

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Habs

Quote:
He really did play well for us, I love how the 'fans' turned on him because he got a better offer and wanted a change.. its as if some people believe he 'owed' them something, and should have stayed no matter what the circumstances were.

Our 'fans' ability to build up a player, only to tear them down, is unmatched.. and pathetic.... can't wait for them to unleash the same cycle of hatred on Subban next.

Old
07-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
What's harder to take is that he was an important part of our core at the time, and decided to go to a lesser rival team.

It's kinda like getting cheated on by your girlfriend with your retarded brother.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
What's harder to take is that he was an important part of our core at the time, and decided to go to a lesser rival team.

It's kinda like getting cheated on by your girlfriend with your retarded brother.
I was more unhappy about Souray than Komisarek. Souray was a guy we used to his maximum and he left because markov was talked to first. Komisarek left, but he was a warrior with us. As you said, an important piece of our core but he left and we moved on. Price was too high. Not sure why people hate him for it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
By the time he signed with Toronto for that inflated contract even his biggest fans weren't sorry to see him go,

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
By the time he signed with Toronto for that inflated contract even his biggest fans weren't sorry to see him go,
Untrue, but revisionist history is always good.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:33 PM
number 11

all of our d-men in hamilton are better than komisarek, and none of them are making 4.75 mil. no f'ing way.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I agree, Mara was a beast when he played. I'd take Mara at 1 mill over Komi and what he doesn't bring.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I remember thinking anything over 2.5 was too much, but only because he had a very limited role as a blueliner. However, I never thought he 'sucked', I just accepted he was a good partner for Markov and a good role player on this team.

I thought he would have stayed, just after watching him behind the bench, as an injured player. He really looked at home here.