HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

CuJo sent to minors

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 11:25 AM
IGM

vCash: 500
Oh, one thing though, I was a professional athelete in my younger life. (not hockey and you probably wouldn't know me) It didn't last very long but for the short time that it did I (unlike my peers) didn't smoke marijuana and showed where I was told when I was told. I spent the majority of my childhood developing a skill so that I could chase my dream of being the best in the world at my sport and was ultra greatful to have been given a shot at it. When I left my sport to go after what I thought would be a more lucrative life (two years after I left a person who I regularly would beat signing a $250k clothing contract but when I was there I was lucky to have traveling money. Funny how things change) I was 19 and it felt like I had been beaten half to death. I had a young wife who was pregnant and did what I thought was the right thing. My point is though that it strikes me as funny whenever I see an athelete hold out that they either never had the appreciation of the gift of being a proffesional athelete or they have lost it along the way. In this case, my point is (sometimes even I have to remind myself) that while we are discussing the finer points of Cujo and his case your response makes me take a look at how much money we really are talking about and how much he has earned to date and then makes me wonder when enough is enough. When do you say "ok, I have made enough money so that I and my family will not have to work ever for anything in their lives and now I just want the chance to prove to myself and everyone else that I am the best.

As for my sports career, I did go back to compete but had lost some of my skills as I had enlisted in the military and was away from it for four years. It took a couple of years to get the timing back and by then I was almost too old for the game. I do compete now and have for the last 5 or 6 years being a "Masters Division" champion competeing against allot of the guys I used to when I was in the game. Of couse, now its for fun but then, I am only trying to prove to myself that I was as good as the best of them and to me I have.

I will re read your post and get back to you.

Closed Thread