HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Boyes for #3-Center

Old
07-16-2011, 08:59 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
isn't Paul Gaustad a pretty good third line center ?
We Sabres fans hate any center that cant score 80 points consistently or was on the team last year.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:23 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Yeah..... Boyes def does not fit a Kesler line ...
I wish I could post the Joker's "not sure if serious" picture that's always around here.

Boyes is the type of winger I'd love to see push Samuelsson down the depth chart a bit, and maybe someone who (if willing n at a cheaper cost) may be in the long term plans.
He's a decent scorer still, paid a little heavily for out tastes, but has the skill we're craving on Kesler's line.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I wish I could post the Joker's "not sure if serious" picture that's always around here.

Boyes is the type of winger I'd love to see push Samuelsson down the depth chart a bit, and maybe someone who (if willing n at a cheaper cost) may be in the long term plans.
He's a decent scorer still, paid a little heavily for out tastes, but has the skill we're craving on Kesler's line.
----------------------

I don't get to watch much Canuck Hockey being on East Coast ... So .. I'm taking my knowledge from what I know about Kesler from watching him in Olympics and in Stanley Cup Finals ... I'm sure Boyes would help in terms of scoring ... But.. he just seems to not fit the Kesler mold in terms of playing style to me ... But.. i guess that can work in ur favor too... having some diversity on a line ....

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:02 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'd offer Cal O'Reilly, but he's more of an offensive playmaking center. He's currently centering Nashville's third scoring line. Cal has top notch playmaking skills and isn't too shabby defensively either.

Thoughts?

Nashville could definitely use Boyes skill set next season in a top-six role...
Done.

Buffalo needs roster centers, we can't afford to be picky about what kind. We'll structure our wingers to cover up any potential center's weaknesses, and Ruff doesn't really go with the standard "line structure" anyways. (i.e., 1st line, veteran scorers, 2nd line, second-tier and rookie scorers, 3rd line, shutdown, energy guys, 4th line, goons.) With PP time and the opportunity to play with a team's best wingers, Boyes could get 25 or more goals in Nashville.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:09 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
McClement if our defense wasn't a logjam
I'd also do Boyes for McClement. McClement would essentially be another Gaustad, which is fine by me. Might have to tweak with late round picks or something, though.

I don't see what a logjam in defense has to do with this trade, though. Boyes is RW, not D... ?

Old
07-17-2011, 04:13 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
brad boyes to columbus imo
I doubt Columbus would be willing to part with Vermette for Boyes, and I'm not interested in an aging, deteriorating Pahlsson. If CBJ had a center of intermediate value between those two, I'd be willing, but I don't think they do.

Old
07-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Furback*

would love Stoll perfect 3rd line center, plus can play point on 2nd pp unit, cant see LA trading him, and as for RW there set with Williams and Brown for there top 2 lines, a guy like Steve Ott would be great to play with Hecht and Gerbe, again Dallas is probably not to keen on trading him though.

Furback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

ESPN has a Brad Boyes Trade Buzz Rumor ... but i don't have ESPN Insider

... Anyone hear what they are mentioning?

Old
07-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
I doubt Columbus would be willing to part with Vermette for Boyes, and I'm not interested in an aging, deteriorating Pahlsson. If CBJ had a center of intermediate value between those two, I'd be willing, but I don't think they do.
That's too bad but I totally get it (Pahlsson is aging but not deteriortating - if he's just not the style of player you're looking for it's OK to say so, no one will be offended). Not sure what style of player the Sabres are looking for but if I were them I'd be hard-pressed not to jump on the (hypothetical) O'Reilly swap.

Old
07-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
That's too bad but I totally get it (Pahlsson is aging but not deteriortating - if he's just not the style of player you're looking for it's OK to say so, no one will be offended). Not sure what style of player the Sabres are looking for but if I were them I'd be hard-pressed not to jump on the (hypothetical) O'Reilly swap.
---------------------------------

For me ... I'm just looking for a decent 3rd line center .... One with Grit ... good on face offs .... good 2 way center .... can do PK ... n chip in with maybe 10 to 13 goals

Old
07-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

For me ... I'm just looking for a decent 3rd line center .... One with Grit ... good on face offs .... good 2 way center .... can do PK ... n chip in with maybe 10 to 13 goals
That's Samuel Pahlsson - although you may come up a little short on the goal total. He is still good at what he does - face-offs and shut-down guy who rules the PK. If you don't need a little more offense, he's your guy. I get, though, that some would prefer more...

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:51 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

FYI - Boyes' cap hit is 4M, not 4.5M as was mentioned earlier.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:21 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Stoll, Vermette, I'd take any of them for Boyes+something not too great of value, but doubtful their teams would be willing to trade them for that package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
Not particularly interested in that swap.
If you want Boyes for Stoll and Not Boyes for Pahlsson then your looking for Boyes for a better 2nd line center Not Boyes for a 3rd line center like the OP suggested.

Quote:

As DSL already said, that's Pahlsson to the T. He is the almost perfect #3 pivot. Playing in Columbus he's very under exposed. The guy is a fantastic #3 center. Put him in Detroit and the guy would be on everyone's radar and maybe even a potential Selke candidate. Think Manny Malhotra and I'm not exaggerating.

Last edited by vipernsx: 07-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:27 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
That's Samuel Pahlsson - although you may come up a little short on the goal total. He is still good at what he does - face-offs and shut-down guy who rules the PK. If you don't need a little more offense, he's your guy. I get, though, that some would prefer more...
I'd be fine with Pahlsson + something small as the return if Boyes has to be let go for cap reasons. Would theoretically like somebody younger (the Cal O'Reilly option sounds appetizing), but I wouldn't cry if we got Pahlsson either.

Just depends on how the cap situation is shaping up. Boyes is almost definitely walking at the end of the year anyway, so if we have to trade him for cap reasons I'd want max return coming back.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 01:38 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If you want Boyes for Stoll and Not Boyes for Pahlsson then your looking for Boyes for a better 2nd line center Not Boyes for a 3rd line center like the OP suggested.

As DSL already said, that's Pahlsson to the T. He is the almost perfect #3 pivot. Playing in Columbus he's very under exposed. The guy is a fantastic #3 center. Put him in Detroit and the guy would be on everyone's radar and maybe even a potential Selke candidate. Think Manny Malhotra and I'm not exaggerating.
Seriously when did Pahlsson get underrated... the guy's always been at the same level of play and does his role absolutely the way you'd want from a career 3rd liner. Plus if you embarrass Rick Nash enough times he'll just belly flop on you and break your ankles.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:11 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 213
Quote:
ESPN has a Brad Boyes Trade Buzz Rumor ... but i don't have ESPN Insider

... Anyone hear what they are mentioning?
This thread probably...

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote