HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

MacLean making points in the press

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 03:42 AM
3mta3

vCash: 500
MacLean making points in the press

MacLean uses the Dispatch to send messages so often that the beat writers hould be listed as front office staff.

MacLean's messages about forwards who took the first period off on the road was good though. Macdonell may make the team because he played so hard, according to the state propaganda machine.

Ice time is on the line now. I wonder how this will impact some players going into the Wings game on Wednesday.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:08 AM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
I would guess that Nedorost's status as a Blue Jacket is hanging by a thread. I noticed him as being particularly flat-footed at the outset of the game in Nashville. Based on one game, I'd have to say McDonell beat him out for a spot.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:13 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
I would guess that Nedorost's status as a Blue Jacket is hanging by a thread. I noticed him as being particularly flat-footed at the outset of the game in Nashville. Based on one game, I'd have to say McDonell beat him out for a spot.
I can only hope so. I was willing to see him play on a scoring line for a few games, but he was so bad in Nashville that I'm tired of it. He seems to be going backward instead of forward. Not to mention the diving aspect of his performance...

I wonder if he is the only one MacLean is talking smack about.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:17 AM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
I agree. I'll admit that I've been a Nedorost supporter on these boards, but he really did turn in a pathetic performance on Saturday.

The only other guy I can think of besides Nedorost that MacLean could be referring to is Lasse. I thought he had a really solid game against Chicago, but disappeared against Nashville. It's good to see that Doug is already holding players accountable for their play on the road this early in the season.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:15 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Its terrible when you can't muster anything in the first period in an arena that only has a skeleton fan base inside and most are pastors and congregations. I refuse to believe that the loss of Wright, Cass, Leto and Duvie made that much difference, considering the jackets stormed back the last half of the game. It just goes to show that taking a lazy period whether it be home or away, will cost your team sooner or later. And It seems that every away game, its always sooner rather then later.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:37 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23
Its terrible when you can't muster anything in the first period in an arena that only has a skeleton fan base inside and most are pastors and congregations. I refuse to believe that the loss of Wright, Cass, Leto and Duvie made that much difference, considering the jackets stormed back the last half of the game. It just goes to show that taking a lazy period whether it be home or away, will cost your team sooner or later. And It seems that every away game, its always sooner rather then later.
Rangers aside, we have started slowly in every game so far this year. The team that has made the most of it was Nashville. They hammered us in that period. Brathwaite saved our bacon.

Great point about taking a period off. At least we're taking off the first, instead of the third, as is tradition.

Pirejta does need to make a case for his ice time. He seems to float a lot. Sort of like Selivanov did - but when Lasse performs he does so with much better results.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3
I can only hope so. I was willing to see him play on a scoring line for a few games, but he was so bad in Nashville that I'm tired of it. He seems to be going backward instead of forward. Not to mention the diving aspect of his performance...

I wonder if he is the only one MacLean is talking smack about.
DITCH THE NEDOROST.........

Old
10-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
If you want to find out who McDonell is replacing, just look in the little Scorecards under whos Not Hot. Whoevers there 3 Times hes replacing.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Pirjeta would be a much better player if he asserted himself a little more. When I see pirjeta hold off one or two opposing players while having the puck on his stick, that is what we need him do, now just drive to the net big guy! I'm not sure about who McDonell is going to replace. Nedorost played well in the Atlanta game and McDonell played well in his first game of the year. If we're looking for a third/ fourth line grinder keep McDonell up and send nedorost back.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Kinger1

I honestly think that Ling has not adapted well to the 3rd line role. He has not really been skating and his defense has been erratic. I don't think he has been playing with the edge that helped him make the team.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger1
I honestly think that Ling has not adapted well to the 3rd line role. He has not really been skating and his defense has been erratic. I don't think he has been playing with the edge that helped him make the team.
I'm glad that someone else noticed Ling's play. He should be a fourth liner only. He doesn't throw the hits or piss off the other team as much on the third line because the line carries more responibility.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:30 PM
3mta3

Quote:
I think he's done a respectable job on the third. Nothing to brag about, but he's filled in well. I know where I want him though - back on that fourth line. The energy line. The plaster-everyone-in-another-sweater line. His best game is his edgy, bezerk game and he can't do that when he needs to be more accountable.

I don't blame him though - I blame the injuries. I like seeing that he can rise (albeit not a whole lot) up when called upon.

Old
10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Ling hasn't been on the other teams nerves as much cause somebody else is playing that role... Rick Nash

Old
10-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Ejh18

Quote:
I agree...

Also, the 4th line hasnt had the same intensity it did with
Shelly - Fritsche - Ling

And why dont we put McDonnel on the 3rd and move either Lasse or Espo to the 2nd. I wasnt impressed with McDonnell on the 2nd line...( i know he scored, but He looked lost to me and didnt seem to play well with nash or marchant. It could be just Nash and Marchant had an off night... )

McDonnell hasnt exactly lit up the AHL... averaging 16 goals over the last two seasons...??? I know he has impressed DM, but I just think he would fit better on the 3rd line, and a more offensive player on the 2nd... Maybe I'm wrong... It was only one game, it just didnt seem like that line was clicking...

Old
10-20-2003, 05:12 PM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
I'm glad that someone else noticed Ling's play. He should be a fourth liner only. He doesn't throw the hits or piss off the other team as much on the third line because the line carries more responibility.
MacLean needs to tell him to start being more of a celebrity and less of a hockey player!

Old
10-20-2003, 05:16 PM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejh18
I agree...

Shelly - Fritsche - Ling...
At the beginning of the season, no one wanted our fourth line to be an "energy line." Now its more of a checking line and everyone wants the energy line back. Damn, Im on fire. Come on Jean Luc, Im on a roll. You might as well pull through too! :p

Old
10-21-2003, 07:25 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
At the beginning of the season, no one wanted our fourth line to be an "energy line." Now its more of a checking line and everyone wants the energy line back. Damn, Im on fire. Come on Jean Luc, Im on a roll. You might as well pull through too! :p
As you seem bent on saying how right you are all the time, let's look at the ENTIRE picture instead of just the tiny bit of it that you show when you proclaim your wisdom.

The 4th line with Shelley, Fritsche and Ling improved to where fans wanted it to be. Ling so much so that he's drawing 3rd line duty. I believe someone's argument was that it was fine as is and that Pronger was important and no one needed to step their game up to get ice time because things were fine as they were.

Ling in 35 games last season - 3-2-5
Ling in 5 games this season - 0-1-1

Shelley in 68 games last season - 1-4-5
Shelley in 5 games this season - 0-1-1

(For the sake of completing the stats:
Fritsche in 5 games this season - 0-0-0
Pronger in 78 games last season - 7-6-13)

Old
10-21-2003, 11:26 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejh18
I agree...

Shelly - Fritsche - Ling

And why dont we put McDonnel on the 3rd and move either Lasse or Espo to the 2nd. I wasnt impressed with McDonnell on the 2nd line...( i know he scored, but He looked lost to me and didnt seem to play well with nash or marchant. It could be just Nash and Marchant had an off night... )

McDonnell hasnt exactly lit up the AHL... averaging 16 goals over the last two seasons...??? I know he has impressed DM, but I just think he would fit better on the 3rd line, and a more offensive player on the 2nd... Maybe I'm wrong... It was only one game, it just didnt seem like that line was clicking...
I thought this was painfully obvious in the Nashville game, and I'm glad everyone else seems to agree. Somebody drop a note to DM, okay?

Closed Thread