Trevor Daley

Old
07-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Trevor Daley

how good is he?

just picked him in a fantasy draft on the Leafs board and i put him on my 2nd pairing.... the draft is based on current ability not potential

I have him paired with Hamonic

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

People hate him on these boards for whatever reason, he's at least a #4 defensemen, on his better days he's a #3. Tremendous skater but can never put up the offensive numbers. Still moves the puck around the zone well, either with him carrying it or passing it.

Had a career year last year, with Richards gone there 2 more minutes of PP time to use up so I think he'll get more, so he could put up 10 goals and 30+ points if he plays as well as last season.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
People hate him on these boards for whatever reason, he's at least a #4 defensemen, on his better days he's a #3. Tremendous skater but can never put up the offensive numbers. Still moves the puck around the zone well, either with him carrying it or passing it.

Had a career year last year, with Richards gone there 2 more minutes of PP time to use up so I think he'll get more, so he could put up 10 goals and 30+ points if he plays as well as last season.
alright, thanks a lot

Old
07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Dallas averaged about 6:30 of PP time per game.

Alex Goligoski played about 4:00 a game in Dallas. Daley was already playing 2:00 a game last year. I honestly don't see how that time will go up more than a 15 or 30 seconds a game, and that is pretty much best case scenario.

If Daley's production goes up, I can't see it being a function of more PP time. It'll have to come from him developing a new level of consistent offensive play.

Goli and his partner will likely be taking up close to 4 minutes a game again. I imagine Sheldon Souray, Stephane Robidas, and Philip Larsen would all be considered before Daley in that role. In fact, if Larsen does force his way onto the roster, I imagine he'll end up leaving Daley with significantly less PP time (maybe none) unless Sheldon Souray is a total failure.

There's no question 1 D is going to benefit in a big way with Richie gone, but Daley really doesn't appear to be a top contender for that time.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM
BigG44

Oh yeah ... regarding the fantasy question ... it's really only safe to assume he'll get 20 to 30 points.

I think he has the talent to score more, but he's lacked the consistency to do much more. Hopefully, that could change one day.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:39 PM
BigG44

I know this is OT for the thread, but since we are on the topic of PP time and production .....

I think most signs clearly point to Michael Ryder being a very productive player (fantasy too considering the point of this thread). Despite playing only 2 minutes a game on the PP (one of the lowest totals of the regulars for Boston), Ryder was tied for the team lead in goals (8 goals) and 4th in points (14 points). In the playoffs, he continued to play lower minutes, but was still tied for the lead in goals and tied for 2nd in points.

He'll get more time in Dallas with better quality teammates (2nd unit in Boston vs. likely top unit in Dallas ... I don't want anyone getting their panties in a bunch ... this is not a claim that Dallas has better players... referring to a better situation).

It's reasonable to assume Ryder could see a jump in ES production (like we've previously discussed) as well as on the PP. Richie is a big loss to that unit, but Souray's shot (if it still exists) along with Ribs in much more favorable situation (left and right shot wingers) could still produce a potent top unit.

Old
07-14-2011, 11:45 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Trevor Daley has never impressed me on the PP. He can't pass, he can't shoot, his goals come from coming in with speed and getting lucky. I've never seen him on the PP make a good decision or a smart pass, so I agree. I doubt he gets more PP time over Gogo, Souray, Robidas, or Larsen if he makes it.

Gulutz could surprise us though.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

how is he defensively though?

i know its not a good indication but NHL 11 has him as a DFD, so if he is solid defensively and can put up 20-30 points i'm happy

Old
07-15-2011, 02:03 PM
BigG44

He's OK. He's not going to always do the right thing, and he's most recently paired with weaker D partners which can hurt him.

I like him, his contract is a bit much, but I think he'd do significantly better without a guy like Woywitka.

I think it would be interesting to see how he and Goligoski worked together, but I don't see that happening.

Old
07-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
He's OK. He's not going to always do the right thing, and he's most recently paired with weaker D partners which can hurt him.

I like him, his contract is a bit much, but I think he'd do significantly better without a guy like Woywitka.

I think it would be interesting to see how he and Goligoski worked together, but I don't see that happening.
thanks a lot.... should i pair him up with a rookie like Hamonic? or should i pick up a veteran like Gill?

Old
07-16-2011, 09:57 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
thanks a lot.... should i pair him up with a rookie like Hamonic? or should i pick up a veteran like Gill?
I have not idea what you are talking about, lol?

That sounds like some type of fantasy game I've never played. The player's points and performance don't stand on their own like a normal game?

Old
07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I have not idea what you are talking about, lol?

That sounds like some type of fantasy game I've never played. The player's points and performance don't stand on their own like a normal game?
haha its on the Leafs board.... we have a fantasy draft and have to make a roster, then some judges decide which team has the best chance of winning the cup next year

my team is:

Okposo-Stastny-Ryan
Dubinsky-McDonald-Callahan
XXXXX-Sutter-Clutterbuck
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Weber-Whitney
Hamonic-Daley
XXXXX-XXXXX

Halak
XXXXX

Old
07-16-2011, 04:14 PM
GreatBritishStarsFan

Quote:
haha its on the Leafs board.... we have a fantasy draft and have to make a roster, then some judges decide which team has the best chance of winning the cup next year

my team is:

Okposo-Stastny-Ryan
Dubinsky-McDonald-Callahan
XXXXX-Sutter-Clutterbuck
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Weber-Whitney
Hamonic-Daley
XXXXX-XXXXX

Halak
XXXXX
I'll be honest, you probably could of put Goligoski instead of Daley in there

You should be alright, Daley can normally be a good serviceable defenseman. Has the odd brain fart, and has the odd offensive game of awesome.

GreatBritishStarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBritishStarsFan View Post
I'll be honest, you probably could of put Goligoski instead of Daley in there

You should be alright, Daley can normally be a good serviceable defenseman. Has the odd brain fart, and has the odd offensive game of awesome.
haha i wish he was still available

and thanks, if i pick up a good defenseman with my next pick i could always slide Daley onto the 3rd pairing

Old
07-16-2011, 04:40 PM
GreatBritishStarsFan

Quote:
haha i wish he was still available

and thanks, if i pick up a good defenseman with my next pick i could always slide Daley onto the 3rd pairing
If Morrow or Ott are still available you could slap them in that spare left wing spot?

GreatBritishStarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBritishStarsFan View Post
If Morrow or Ott are still available you could slap them in that spare left wing spot?
Ott is still available, i'm probably going to pick him with my next pick

Old
07-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Ott is still available, i'm probably going to pick him with my next pick
Ott and Clutterbuck on the same line?

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old