HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Which teams would have interest in Mark Letestu?

Old
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Which teams would have interest in Mark Letestu?

This guy has the ability to be a decent 2nd or 3rd line C, but with the Pens' depth at centre, he may be the odd man out.

Which teams out there would be a good fit for this player?

jmelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Bennett Brauer

I don't think Letestu is going anywhere. Yes I know we have depth at center, but the organization and Pens fans seem to really like Letestu. He will probably end up being our 3rd/4th line center.

My prediction is that he will be the 4th line center with Asham on LW and Adams on RW. And Bylsma will periodically go with Staal and Malkin during some games and mix up the lines to where Letestu would see time on the 3rd line with Cooke and Kennedy/Dupuis/Sullivan etc.

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Karnage420*

out of tangradi, jeffrey, vitale, johnson, and letestu someone will have to go.

he is the most tradeable.

Karnage420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I think he'd fit in on a number of teams;

Chicago
Dallas
NJ Devils
Ottawa
Columbus

What would those teams offer?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

There is a reason Talbot was left to walk. There is no need to trade away a young guy on a cheap contract that can successfully fill spots across the line-up. Those are the types you need to build a winner in the Cap era. He could very well end up having a slump season where he flounders as the 13th forward for a bit but this guy should become an important part to the teams bottom-6 in the future.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Sabres1026*

Too much center depth isn't a bad thing.

Sabres1026* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage420 View Post
out of tangradi, jeffrey, vitale, johnson, and letestu someone will have to go.

he is the most tradeable.
Noo way. I would say the most tradeable players out of that group would be Vitale and Johnson.

Ray Shero looks at Dustin Jeffrey as an NHL player, so look for him to make the team.

Eric Tangradi is a future possible top 6 winger, who can play both LW and RW.

Mark Letestu has already made the team, scored some important goals and played well in his first full NHL season. Bylsma likes him, the organization likes him. He will not be traded.

Old
07-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Tangradi and Jeffrey won't be traded. Neither will Vitale likely, will get his chance this year. Between Johnson and Letestu as to who is traded.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:24 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Of those two, I would keep Johnson due to position and size.

I'd hate to get rid of Letestu though. He's too good for the cap hit and what he brings to the table to let go. We all had Kennedy pegged as the odd man out last year...

Injuries happen. If one of our centers got injured he'd be my #1 replacement man.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:28 PM
ikeane

Chicago offers Campoli and maybe a prospect or pick.

ikeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Decent 2nd line center? Easy does it now, he's a fourth line center right now that could be a decent 3rd. He's a fine player and I like him on Pittsburgh, but players like him aren't too terribly uncommon...the return wouldn't be worth giving him up in the first place...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 04:41 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
Noo way. I would say the most tradeable players out of that group would be Vitale and Johnson.
Bylsma likes him, the organization likes him. He will not be traded.
This wasn't a post to ask Pens fans their opinion of why we shouldn't trade this player. If I wanted that discussion I would have posted it on the Pens board.

The purpose of this thread is to ask IF Lestestu was deemed tradeable, which other teams would be interested?

Also, Vitale & Johnson haven't done anything in the NHL so neither of them (particularly the latter) has any good trade value. Any team could have had Johnson on waivers last fall. At least Letestu has shown some ability at the NHL, so he may garner some return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeane View Post
Chicago offers Campoli and maybe a prospect or pick.

Pittsburgh has no interest in another bottom pairing defensemen. But CHI certainly has a good depth of prospects in their organization, so they could afford to offer up a pick/prospect that could be of interest.

Old
07-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
This wasn't a post to ask Pens fans their opinion of why we shouldn't trade this player. If I wanted that discussion I would have posted it on the Pens board.

The purpose of this thread is to ask IF Lestestu was deemed tradeable, which other teams would be interested?

Also, Vitale & Johnson haven't done anything in the NHL so neither of them (particularly the latter) has any good trade value. Any team could have had Johnson on waivers last fall. At least Letestu has shown some ability at the NHL, so he may garner some return.
I understand that this thread is about the value of Letestu, I responded to a person who said he is the most tradeable out of Jeffrey, Tangradi, Vitale, Johnson and Letestu and I gave my opinion on who I thought is the most tradeable out of that group, even if they don't have much trade value.

I also DID answer the question to your thread, is Letestu tradeable? I answered no, he is not, not yet atleast.

And what you said about Letestu showing ability at the NHL level, this was his first full NHL season, he played well for us and you want him traded? What if Eric Tangradi or Dustin Jeffrey made the team next year, would you want them traded after their first full NHL season? We do have depth at wing also, so if we need to trade Letestu because we have depth at center, then we should trade Tangradi or Jeffrey since we have depth on the wing too.

Old
07-17-2011, 05:47 PM
hfboardsuser

Letestu, Despres and 2012 1st for Ales Hemsky?

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I understand that this thread is about the value of Letestu, I responded to a person who said he is the most tradeable out of Jeffrey, Tangradi, Vitale, Johnson and Letestu and I gave my opinion on who I thought is the most tradeable out of that group, even if they don't have much trade value.

I also DID answer the question to your thread, is Letestu tradeable? I answered no, he is not, not yet atleast.

And what you said about Letestu showing ability at the NHL level, this was his first full NHL season, he played well for us and you want him traded? What if Eric Tangradi or Dustin Jeffrey made the team next year, would you want them traded after their first full NHL season? We do have depth at wing also, so if we need to trade Letestu because we have depth at center, then we should trade Tangradi or Jeffrey since we have depth on the wing too.

Our depth on wing DOES NOT match our depth at centre. If Letestu can transition to wing, great. If not, he might be expendable.

Saying he's not tradeable? Are you kidding? There's only about 4 or 5 guys on our team that are "not tradeable". Letestu is not one of those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Letestu, Despres and 2012 1st for Ales Hemsky?

Aside from something known as the salary cap, the Pens don't give up that much for an impending UFA who is injury prone.

Old
07-17-2011, 05:57 PM
backs4mvp

Quote:

Letestu is 3-4 years older then either of them, bad comparison.

He'll be Pittsburgh's cheap 4th line center/13th forward. You won't get anything more then a mid-late pick. Unless Pittsburgh has some proven 4th line centres, it's not worth trading him with his salary.

backs4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Ugene Malkin
Hello Mr. Andersen

Letestu has shown he's a 3rd line center and with everyone healthy plus Crosby, Malkin & Staal taking the three top center jobs leaves nowhere else but 4th line center for him.

He played 3rd line center last year in Staals absence. When Crosby & Malkin went down he was #2/3 depending on where you rank Jeffrey after Staal. For me, I hold Jeffrey with a slight edge in that regard.

I'd like to see a high 3rd coming back or a winger in the same mold as Letestu.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote