As the dormant and quiet portion of the summer rolls on by, even the waterslides or Sixflag rides cannot remove the habs next season off my brain...
When i think about everything that has transpired from last year to this summer, there are numerous things that i find my self very interested and excited coming up for the 2011-12 season. What are you most excited to see this year? i listed some of the questions and story lines that i have thought about over the last couple of months and weeks and have listed them below with some thoughts?
in no particular order:
1) Gauthier landing a top 9 forward to round out the lineup?
-I peronsally think gauthier has something up his sleeve with the cap space remaining. Pretty intrested to see what/who fills the void?
2)Surprise training camp rookie?
-some weird feeling a "White" of last year may be in the mix to truly make it a tough decision? Maybe a Bournival or Tinordi will show some brilliance or maybe Diaz?
3) Will Subban progress this year or have a typical sophmore slump like Myers?
-I don't think the case because i believe he is an elite player not like many before him.
4) Will Cammy Show up this year?
-At 6 Million, he better. i am expecting 60+points this yearand our summer free agent signing may provide im with the space to do so...
5) Will Markov stay healthy?
- I am hoping he will and hope next year will prove every doubt wrong.
6)Will Gomez be the real Gomez?
- i am hoping to see him come back hungry wilth a fire under his @ss.
7) Will Yemelin be in our D-core next season or be playing in the KHL by Christmas?
- I am hoping he plays solid from the start and proves valuable for us. I love what he brings and have bee waiting for his @ss for the last 5 years...
8) Will Diaz translate what his highlights illustrate to NHL ice?
-i have a weird feeling Diaz may be our surprise of the Camp in September. From what i have seen, he looks pretty good with the puck and an upgrade over Weber.
9) Will Weber progress?
- i think he will remain the same...
10) Will Avstin run with his talents?
-last year was tough for him but interested to know how he will progress. Was a standout during the first rookie camp this summer and hope his gmae will evolve.
11) Will the real A Kost please stand up?
-he was pretty hot during the world championship and being a contract year, hoping he will be that dominating , game changing player we thought we drafted.
12) Will we see Benoit Brunet with a mic?
I effing hope not. He set bac quebecers 100 years with his uneducated dribble.
13) will Carey Price meet expectations once again?
-I believe similar ground will be broken with him. I expect to see 35+ wins this year.
14) Will the habs be dominant next year?
-i believe we have in in our roster the qualities to be extremely great. Greatness next year will hinge solely on health.
15) Will Max pax continue his growth from last year and put his injury behind him?
-great question that i had forgotten but was mentioned below... i think he needs a great start to get back on path. Athletic performance is based on confidence and a hot start is justs what the doctor ordered...
16) Will Eller put it together?
- another great point from another poster. I personally have doubts but hope something will snap in his cortex. He has teh tools but the hard part is learning how to use it.
and the list can go on....
There are many more stroylines that have/will keep us thinking about but curious to see which are you most looking forward to learnng what plays out?
Last edited by hockeyjockey: 07-17-2011 at 10:34 PM.
My only real concerns are 5 and 6, and maybe 7, but i guess Yemelin panning out or not is not as big an issue as the other 2.
It's pretty simple: If Gomez can get back his confidence and play at least as good as 09-10 + Markov being healthy-ish (70 games), i think we'll be in the top 6 for sure. Everything else would be icing on the cake.
Ian Schultz having a standout year in the AHL. Getting a call up and beating Adam mcquaid up on his first shift. Scoring a goal and then dropping Lucic in the third period in front of a sold out Bell center.
and then .................. the crazy threads around here about how he is the most amazing player to ever wear a Habs Jersey.
Habs continue strong puck-possession game, team shooting percentage regresses toward the mean, media narrative over-emphasizes healthy Andrei Markov & Erik Cole's roles in the increased offensive output.
I want to see all that..and I want to see how Bealieu does in camp and the impressions of him. I don't think he'll make the jump right to the NHL but he's going to be a key player for us in a couple years.