HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider and the Love Affair with him?

Old
07-17-2011, 08:01 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Thank you for all the information.

As for the Stamkos part.. I just was saying as that was one of the players people said they refused to part with Kreider. But please dont take this as I am saying we are trying/should try/care to trade for Stamkos. I just threw his name in here as that was the latest UNTOUCHABLE KREIDER situations.

Thats all.

I love that video of Kreider.. but what scares me is thats really the ONLY video you see of Kreider when it comes to discussing his potential.

Yes he undressed that defenseman. And then made a nice move on the Goalie. But that D-man might just stink and made it easy enough for Kreider. I am not saying this is the case, just that ONE video over and over does not prove a case.

But I DO appreciate the video. As I love the moves he did pull

Keep em coming guys. And thank you for keeping this thread on the correct track
He's done a lot more the last two years then that video.

He scores most of his goals by crashing the net and using his quick release.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:07 PM
MSG the place to be*

The state of prospects across the entire league is HOF bad so it inflates a guy like Kreider.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:29 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Nobody in their right mind would not include Kreider in any trade for a <25 elite level player, esp Stamkos. Kreider right now is a great prospect; prospect being the key word. So far he has shown no reason for anyone to think he will be anything close to a point-per-game player let alone a elite talent. I think everyone would sign up right now for something in the realm of a 25-25 guy who plays in all situations, and that would be one hell of a player.

This season will be very interesting for him at BC. As a junior he should be put in every position possible to succeed and put up Hobey Baker caliber offensive #'s. I think we will have a much better idea of what his offensive upside is after this year, whether it be as a 15-15 3rd line PK'er or a 30-30 all situation top line guy.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:30 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
The state of prospects across the entire league is HOF bad so it inflates a guy like Kreider.
Who is "inflating" him?

Who is suggesting he will be a superstar?

Old
07-17-2011, 08:54 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

He has great tools and intelligence and has been clutch at the most important times. Speed, hands, vision, etc.

Will he be a superstar? Most likely not, but he could very well be a 30 goal and 65-70 point player at his best who plays in all situations.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 08:59 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
He has great tools and intelligence and has been clutch at the most important times. Speed, hands, vision, etc.

Will he be a superstar? Most likely not, but he could very well be a 30 goal and 65-70 point player at his best who plays in all situations.
Ill take it.

Old
07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I am not even convinced that Kreider is our best forward prospect. I mean, two WJC's and a couple of slick goals in the NCAAs isn't enough for me.

Jani Rita had great WJC's. So did Alexandre Daigle.

I need to see Kreider play pro hockey. The WC's don't count either

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

only an idiot would say NO to a Kreider++ for Stamkos deal.

now, if its Kreider, Staal, and Dubinsky...yeah i can see why youd say no.

But i would most definitely be willing to do Dubinsky, Kreider, A few first rounders, Kundratek, another prospect or 2 for Stamkos w/o a seconds hesitation.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:05 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
only an idiot would say NO to a Kreider++ for Stamkos deal.

now, if its Kreider, Staal, and Dubinsky...yeah i can see why youd say no.

But i would most definitely be willing to do Dubinsky, Kreider, A few first rounders, Kundratek, another prospect or 2 for Stamkos w/o a seconds hesitation.
this thread is not meant to be a "what would you give up for player X".

It is to find out more information about Kreider and why Rangers Fans feel the need to always say immediately No to any trade proposal for ANY player

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:14 PM
bmw2004

I would say **** Stamkos. Let's grow our youth.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

It is to find out more information about Kreider and why Rangers Fans feel the need to always say immediately No to any trade proposal for ANY player
you specifically stated trades for Stamkos, and i said, only an idiot would turn a trade down because Kreider was in it.

Why is he valuable? Gee, let's see. He's got size, he'd already be one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, hes got a hard, accurate shot, he's got hands, he plays in both ends of the rink, he's VERY coachable, he has a great head on his shoulders. As someone who has spoken with Chris a few times, all i can say is, the kid is everything you could want in a prospect.

and thats what he is, a prospect. he's not a bluechip no doubts about it home run player, but hes got a very real shot to be a 70 pt player in the NHL, and would look damn near perfect on the left side of a Gaborik & Richards top line.

With that said, would i trade him for Stamkos? Ovechkin? Kane? Towes? Parise? Crosby? Malkin? Datsyuk? Zetterberg?

of course, like i said, only an idiot wouldn't.

Old
07-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I would say **** Stamkos. Let's grow our youth.
Yeah! eff him!

Who wants a guy who has scored 53 more points than Brandon Dubinsky in 73 fewer games. EFF HIM!!!!

Old
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:

This "The answer is no!" mentality is hardly unique to our fans. Go to any team board on this site and you'll find the same. Everyone loves their own prospects.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

I wouldn't say Kreiders untouchable. Nobodys untoucheable. Even Gretzky was traded. I would move him for the right player but it wouldn't be an aging forward past his prime. Stamkos would be a yes from me but Iginla would be a no.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:05 PM
pld459666

The love affair with Kreider is solely based on the promise of that he COULD become, not what he is today.

The kid has size, speed, shot. He's learned how to be a decent defensive player and some guys here see that aside from his mis-use on his college team, he has the offensive smarts to be able to play well with more talented players such as a Richards or a Gaborik.

He's not untouchable just as much as any player on the Rangers is not untouchable. If the right deal came along for Lundqvist I would make that move as well.

Staal, Dubi, Cally. None of them are untouchable.

That word is so over used it's not funny.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Pizza

No one is untouchable. No one.

If Park and Ratelle can be traded anyone can. That said, I can't see Kreider being delt at this stage in his career.

Now watch them trade him tomorrow.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 12:50 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I think, after watching Kreider in the WJC, he's better with better teammates. Now of course this is logical but just the jump from a very good college ptogram's 3rd line to the WJC seemed to lift his game. I think he'll be much better this year with probably the best line on bc & then even better the following year in NY. I might be very naive but I honestly believe he could play VERY well(for atleast the first 40-50games) taking Dubi's place on the Pack line.

Summing up, I guess I mean that I don't think he's a take the game over do it all by himself type exactly but he knows how to play & use his teammates IF they are on his "level".

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:03 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

what? no. give me Stamkos now. YOU'RE NOT GIVING HIM TO ME FAST ENOUGH!!!

I'd package him for Stamkos but I wouldn't consider his inclusion lightly. Some people are putting together Eric Lindros-esque packages together that simply make no sense at all.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 06:35 AM
GAGLine

Kreider's value isn't in just what we hope he can do on the ice. It's also in the fact that he would do it cheaply.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:14 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

First of all:

To talk about him or any trade for Stamkos is retarded. It's not going to happen.

And second of all: He's our best prospect in a while and people, understandably so, are excited to see him grow and progress in the Rangers organization.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
you specifically stated trades for Stamkos, and i said, only an idiot would turn a trade down because Kreider was in it.

Why is he valuable? Gee, let's see. He's got size, he'd already be one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, hes got a hard, accurate shot, he's got hands, he plays in both ends of the rink, he's VERY coachable, he has a great head on his shoulders. As someone who has spoken with Chris a few times, all i can say is, the kid is everything you could want in a prospect.

and thats what he is, a prospect. he's not a bluechip no doubts about it home run player, but hes got a very real shot to be a 70 pt player in the NHL, and would look damn near perfect on the left side of a Gaborik & Richards top line.

With that said, would i trade him for Stamkos? Ovechkin? Kane? Towes? Parise? Crosby? Malkin? Datsyuk? Zetterberg?

of course, like i said, only an idiot wouldn't.
This pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
Yeah! eff him!

Who wants a guy who has scored 53 more points than Brandon Dubinsky in 73 fewer games. EFF HIM!!!!
Seriously. Jesus Christ, there are some players that are clearly worth trading away some prospects. Stamkos is one of them.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:45 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Everyone is tradable

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
xxxZENxxx

Some top scouts compare Kreider to Eric Staal, so you can see how he would be borderline untouchable in most trade scenarios. That being said, if we can get a currently young, elite player... then I would have zero problem with moving Kreider. He is clearly unproven, so it is a no-brainer.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
This "The answer is no!" mentality is hardly unique to our fans. Go to any team board on this site and you'll find the same. Everyone loves their own prospects.
Exactly. Plus, Rangers fans seem to have this underlying sense of panic when it comes to trading prospects, as if everyone we trade away will come back to haunt us in the long run. This has always been the organization that dealt youth for experience or star power, so now that we're stock piling a pretty solid group of youngsters, people are afraid of letting that slip away and falling back into the "dark ages" of the Sather regime.

I suppose the way Smith mortgaged the future for playoff experience back in 1994 could rub a few folks the wrong way as well, but I never subscribed to that all that much.

On top of all of that, you take a kid like Kreider and the kind of potential he has, and it's not hard to be protective of him. A 6'3" 220lb specimen with blazing speed and a laser of a shot is something many scouts would drool over. The question has always been whether or not he can elevate his level of play to be a NHL scoring forward. What I think you see with Chris is that he's a classic example of a player who plays up to the ability of the people on the ice. The higher the level of play, the more you see what the hype is about.

That being said, I've never been a fan of BC and how they develop players. They churn out top-notch collegiate players, but not very many kids who will excel at the next level. I don't think Kreider is going to be dealt before the Rangers can see what he brings at the next level, but he's going to have to fast-track his development when he turns pro. If there was ever a kid who needed to make a splash as a pro, it's him.

I don't necessarily see him as a 70 point player as many are expecting. I see him as a Cy Young forward who spends most of his career between 50 and 60 points, but 60% of them are goals. I'd be over the moon with that kind of result.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Reijo R

I'm not that high on Kreider, but it has nothing to do with his attributes. I just feel that Canadian kids turn out to be better players (no, I'm not Canadian....Brooklyn boy here!). They eat, sleep, and breathe hockey from a young age. Chris Kreider proved that he doesn't, preferring to enjoy the college lifestyle for another year. I don't blame him and I'm not mad at him, I just don't think he'll turn out to be as good as some of the Canadian prospects other teams have. Being a professional athlete is like being a professional musician. Who's going to be better? A guy who practices 8 hours a day, or a guy who plays 1 hour a day, then goes to hang out with his buds at the mall before seeing a movie with his girlfriend?

So, would I trade him for a young and established top 6 forward? You bet your arse I would.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote