HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
07-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Anyone speak to their reps recently?
About what? I took my rep. and 3 of his co-workers to Citifield Friday night and I picked up a few tidbits. The one I found interesting is that due to the large amount of weekend games this year(The most in recent times due to the renovations) the demand for upper bowl individual seat requests have skyrocketed and they haven,t even put tickets on sale. Apparently they are receiving a lot of phone calls asking about purchasing these individual games and they are not even on sale yet. The Rangers have historically lobbied the league for more weeknight games to attract the corporate crowd but this year I believe they have almost 20 Friday,Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games plus 3 big games within 5 days of Christmas which are always crazy in demand. The Rangers front office is expecting a banner year as far as sales go.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 07:57 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
About what? I took my rep. and 3 of his co-workers to Citifield Friday night and I picked up a few tidbits. The one I found interesting is that due to the large amount of weekend games this year(The most in recent times due to the renovations) the demand for upper bowl individual seat requests have skyrocketed and they haven,t even put tickets on sale. Apparently they are receiving a lot of phone calls asking about purchasing these individual games and they are not even on sale yet. The Rangers have historically lobbied the league for more weeknight games to attract the corporate crowd but this year I believe they have almost 20 Friday,Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games plus 3 big games within 5 days of Christmas which are always crazy in demand. The Rangers front office is expecting a banner year as far as sales go.
Don't get carried away. The new lower bowl pricing drove many STHs upstairs creating the increased demand for 300s and 400s (plus the new configuration took away some seats). Those sales reps you were with will be busy peddling the emptier over-priced lower bowl. Not as banner as they may think (lower bowl is where the $$$ is, not the $63/$59/$39 300/400 level seats).

There will be the same deals on SH as we've seen in the past.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 08:33 AM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Heh yeah its sad but let me just add, its so much easier to sell aisle tickets than it is middle of the row tickets. I split my tickets with my friend's law firm and clients like sitting on the aisle, regardless of the end of the ice its on.

Most of my tickets throughout the year are sold in one form or another since I go to around 20 or so games on broker tickets as a client. 8 rows from the ice with aisle seats sell a bit better (even on the defending end) go a bit better than 11 rows back with middle of the row seats.
You bailed on our old section 115 eh?

I hear ya on the seats being easier to sell on the aisle. That is what I always shot for, but this year with the move they stuck me in the middle... but in the first row of 112. I could have moved back two rows and gotten the aisle, but thought it was worth it to stick with row one for now.

I REALLY wished they had not started section 112 with row 6. Why couldnt they renumber the rows for each new section? I think that is really going to hurt my resales.... people are going to see row 6 and not realize that is the first row of the section. Sucks.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Don't get carried away. The new lower bowl pricing drove many STHs upstairs creating the increased demand for 300s and 400s (plus the new configuration took away some seats). Those sales reps you were with will be busy peddling the emptier over-priced lower bowl. Not as banner as they may think (lower bowl is where the $$$ is, not the $63/$59/$39 300/400 level seats).

There will be the same deals on SH as we've seen in the past.
As someone that has been there before we all know that the money is made in the corporate lower seats but if you want to get your foot in the door you have to buy a season or 2 down low. Until 3 years ago if you wanted season tickets you always spent your first season in the 200,s then relocated up. That went on for about 10 years.In the 90,s it was the exact opposite as the lower seats were almost impossible to get and the 400,s were in much lower demand. You could get 400,s for $15 per ticket and 200,s for $37 per ticket . That was not too long ago. What it all comes down to is if there is high demand for the upper bowl and no inventory there will be some who will buy lower bowl seats with the hope of upgrading. I heard they might actually go back to a waiting list that was done away in 2008 where if you get called you have to take what is available minus club seats or lose your spot on the list. 5 years ago you actually had to leave a deposit to be placed on the waiting list.

Old
07-18-2011, 08:55 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
IMO corporate types prefer the weekday games because they can take their clients to a game after the workday before they hop on a train home

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:15 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
As someone that has been there before we all know that the money is made in the corporate lower seats but if you want to get your foot in the door you have to buy a season or 2 down low. Until 3 years ago if you wanted season tickets you always spent your first season in the 200,s then relocated up..
Just to clarify, I was on the wait-list for 3 years and was offered a full season in 349. Since then, I have made my way over to 306. I never started out low.

07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
STH's selling their tickets should do very well also. I got an obscene amount for the Islander game on 12/26 last year.

About the 500's: are they regular seats?

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just to clarify, I was on the wait-list for 3 years and was offered a full season in 349. Since then, I have made my way over to 306. I never started out low.
If you started out in section 349 then this would be your 4th year as a STH because prior to that season they did not offer first timers 300,s. You fell into that bubble year that saw a great number of cancellations because of the Lehman Bros. fiasco.

Old
07-18-2011, 10:34 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
If you started out in section 349 then this would be your 4th year as a STH because prior to that season they did not offer first timers 300,s. You fell into that bubble year that saw a great number of cancellations because of the Lehman Bros. fiasco.
I got my tickets in 2008. Was on the wait list since early 2006 (I believe).

2008-2009 I was Section 349.
2009-2010 I was Section 328.
2010-2011 I was Section 306.
And this upcoming season I will be 306 again.

Looks like your right lol

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:40 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I got my tickets in 2008. Was on the wait list since early 2006 (I believe).

2008-2009 I was Section 349.
2009-2010 I was Section 328.
2010-2011 I was Section 306.
And this upcoming season I will be 306 again.

Looks like your right lol
Just curious, what row are you in?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Just curious, what row are you in?
N, which is the best row IMO because I love to stand the whole game. Next time you go, look for me I'm the only idiot standing in my section lol

Old
07-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
I completely lucked out and was able to get seats in the 400s last year, my first as a season ticket holder. I'm still not sure how that happened, but I'm not questioning it.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:51 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
N, which is the best row IMO because I love to stand the whole game. Next time you go, look for me I'm the only idiot standing in my section lol
Cool. I agree that if you're not going to be sitting in the front of the section it makes much more sense to sit in the last row than say the 3rd or 4th row from the back. My cousin has the last row in 314 i think...and it's nice being able to stand whenever you want. The only downside for both you and him is this is the last year that your seats will be in the last row.

Old
07-18-2011, 11:04 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Cool. I agree that if you're not going to be sitting in the front of the section it makes much more sense to sit in the last row than say the 3rd or 4th row from the back. My cousin has the last row in 314 i think...and it's nice being able to stand whenever you want. The only downside for both you and him is this is the last year that your seats will be in the last row.
I know!! Which is why I wish they weren't renovating.

And the front of a section is horrible because people are walking back and forth and have no consideration for you watching the game. Then you get the person who stands in the ailse way looking at his ticket for a half hour trying to figure out if the alphabet goes up or down...or if they are even in the right building for the right game.

Just better being able to stand through all the idiots who block your view

Last edited by BlueShirts88: 07-18-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old
07-18-2011, 11:31 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I know!! Which is why I wish they weren't renovating.

And the front of a section is horrible because people are walking back and forth and have no consideration for you watching the game. Then you get the person who stands in the ailse way looking as his ticket for a half hour trying to figure out if the alphabet goes up or down...or if they are even in the right building for the right game.

Just better being abe to stand through all the idiots who block your view
True, all sorts of imbeciles walking around without a clue. However, remember that next year the upper bowl will be raised up about 10 feet, so at long last the A/B/C rows will not have to suffer from the people walking in front of them while the game is underway. The aisle walkers will still be an issue for everyone, however. lol

Perhaps you can talk to your rep about getting the last row in the new upper bowl. The question is will you want to be another dozen or so rows back in order to enjoy your standing room?

Old
07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
True, all sorts of imbeciles walking around without a clue. However, remember that next year the upper bowl will be raised up about 10 feet, so at long last the A/B/C rows will not have to suffer from the people walking in front of them while the game is underway. The aisle walkers will still be an issue for everyone, however. lol

Perhaps you can talk to your rep about getting the last row in the new upper bowl. The question is will you want to be another dozen or so rows back in order to enjoy your standing room?
My rep told me that the way it works is, you are assigned a seat that is comparable to your current seat. You have to then accept the assigned location to have a chance to move around. If you deny it, you are put on a wait list and are contacted after the accepts have had their chance to move around. Im hoping I get can move to a last row, however I worry about that stupid bridge blocking my view.

And I'm just waiting for them to announce the "Citi Field Stairs" plan that will then block the views of rows A,B,C. Those of you who have sat in the first few rows of Citi Field's Upper Deck know exactly what I'm talking about!!

Old
07-18-2011, 12:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
My rep told me that the way it works is, you are assigned a seat that is comparable to your current seat. You have to then accept the assigned location to have a chance to move around. If you deny it, you are put on a wait list and are contacted after the accepts have had their chance to move around. Im hoping I get can move to a last row, however I worry about that stupid bridge blocking my view.
Yeah, I guess you could accept your new seat assignment and then ask to move back to the last row. Perhaps you can call your rep and ask that your account be notated with your desire to remain in the last row after the upgrade is complete...for what it's worth.

Quote:
And I'm just waiting for them to announce the "Citi Field Stairs" plan that will then block the views of rows A,B,C. Those of you who have sat in the first few rows of Citi Field's Upper Deck know exactly what I'm talking about!!
Haven't been to Citi's upper deck...sounds like a terrible design though. From the pics though it appears that MSG's upper bowl seats will be right up against the railing...but who knows.

Old
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Haven't been to Citi's upper deck...sounds like a terrible design though. From the pics though it appears that MSG's upper bowl seats will be right up against the railing...but who knows.

Old
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
RidinwitdaKING

seems to me they don't know what is going on at MSG.
I have been told in March that people Had to take their New Seat assignment and if not were Out. Then they seemed to cave on this and are letting people downgrade which is understandable but I seem to get a different Story everytime I call. I have been in contact with others who are trying to get season tickets and they are ALL on different schedules being told different things.
Do they normally try to give worse locations hoping you will take those instead of what you discussed with them?
Is this the way they DO Business? I am becoming very sceptical of Buying Seasons based on the things I have heard. Any others and their experiences?

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
seems to me they don't know what is going on at MSG.
I have been told in March that people Had to take their New Seat assignment and if not were Out. Then they seemed to cave on this and are letting people downgrade which is understandable but I seem to get a different Story everytime I call. I have been in contact with others who are trying to get season tickets and they are ALL on different schedules being told different things.
Do they normally try to give worse locations hoping you will take those instead of what you discussed with them?
Is this the way they DO Business? I am becoming very sceptical of Buying Seasons based on the things I have heard. Any others and their experiences?
The main goal of the the sales reps which is different from your personal different rep is to try to convince you to buy higher priced seats at first then downgrade. They are salesman just like the car salesman whose job is to get you to buy the extras.

Old
07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Yikes...guess that's their attempt at keeping people from falling off the deck when walking down the stairs? I would not want to be sitting where the guy in the red hat is. Nothing but metal and plexi-glass in field of vision.

Here's the best I could do to see the new upper bowl at MSG.

Old
07-18-2011, 01:34 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Actually, what they did two years ago was give half season subscribers the option to convert into full season in the same seats. That's how I got my full season 300's 2 years ago

Old
07-18-2011, 01:34 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Im hoping I get can move to a last row, however I worry about that stupid bridge blocking my view.
To each their own I guess. Back in the 90s I started with a mini plan with seats in the 300s behind the net, last row. I hated them. This time around I turned down 4 seats in the last row in 312 to keep my 330s. I like the angle right on the goal line but would ideally like to be in the circle. I just didn't want to pay an extra $704 to sit in the last row. I'm guessing it wasn't worth $704 for you to move over 1 section either, though these were on the good end.

By the way, I was looking at the seating chart at http://rangers.io-media.com/ again and noted they are showing last season's seating and prices. Any chance we're getting a price break?

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
By the way, I was looking at the seating chart at http://rangers.io-media.com/ again and noted they are showing last season's seating and prices. Any chance we're getting a price break?
You're using an old link. You need to update your bookmarks:
http://rangers2011.io-media.com

Old
07-18-2011, 01:44 PM
sbjnyc

Thanks. I didn't use a bookmark but accessed it through the rangers website. I guess they haven't updated it yet.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote