HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cammalleri

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2005, 08:04 PM
  #51
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 28,041
vCash: 500
In my opinion, players like Cammalleri might have been dealt pre-lockout because it seemed like teams weren't interested in players who "could only put up points"--relatively speaking of course. I'm generalizing here, but players like Cammalleri will gain in importance and value in the "new NHL". Points are going to be more frequent IMO, and players that can rack up points are needed now more than ever.

Skating is great, but production is better. Look at Lucky Luc. The man made a career of putting up huge numbers in an era when you would have thought he wouldn't be able to keep pace with the speed and wide-open nature of the game. Instead, he flourished.

That's why I'm excited about the future of the Kings. Guys like Cammalleri, Kopitar and even Roussin are guys that produce. The Kings, as is their tradition, are setting themselves up for several years of high-octane offense--starting this year with a more veteran-laden squad (Robitaille, Roenick, Demitra et al).

I haven't mentioned Frolov, Brown and Tukonen simply because they'll bring more to the table than just points. But I wouldn't underestimate the importance of point-producers going forward.

Jag68Sid87 is offline  
Old
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
  #52
Habs33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
In my opinion, players like Cammalleri might have been dealt pre-lockout because it seemed like teams weren't interested in players who "could only put up points"--relatively speaking of course. I'm generalizing here, but players like Cammalleri will gain in importance and value in the "new NHL". Points are going to be more frequent IMO, and players that can rack up points are needed now more than ever.

Skating is great, but production is better. Look at Lucky Luc. The man made a career of putting up huge numbers in an era when you would have thought he wouldn't be able to keep pace with the speed and wide-open nature of the game. Instead, he flourished.

That's why I'm excited about the future of the Kings. Guys like Cammalleri, Kopitar and even Roussin are guys that produce. The Kings, as is their tradition, are setting themselves up for several years of high-octane offense--starting this year with a more veteran-laden squad (Robitaille, Roenick, Demitra et al).

I haven't mentioned Frolov, Brown and Tukonen simply because they'll bring more to the table than just points. But I wouldn't underestimate the importance of point-producers going forward.
you must belive that camms is better than Tukonen and probably = to brown in today's league?

to me camms is a sure nhler...but is he a top six forward and a producer at that?

Habs33 is offline  
Old
08-22-2005, 11:39 PM
  #53
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
you must belive that camms is better than Tukonen and probably = to brown in today's league?

to me camms is a sure nhler...but is he a top six forward and a producer at that?
At the very least a very good top 6 forward.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
09-19-2005, 08:27 PM
  #54
Habs33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
somwone posted a video on Camms not to long ago...i forget what thread its out....bunch of highlights of him in the AHL...anyone know where i can find footage of other prospects too?

Habs33 is offline  
Old
09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
  #55
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
somwone posted a video on Camms not to long ago...i forget what thread its out....bunch of highlights of him in the AHL...anyone know where i can find footage of other prospects too?
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m...iSpotlight.wmv - Cammalleri
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m...nSpotlight.wmv - Brown
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m..._spotlight.wmv - Lehoux
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m...rSpotlight.wmv - Garon and Hauser

Sam is offline  
Old
09-20-2005, 01:04 AM
  #56
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,123
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown's video was great...nice combination of skill and grit (meaning not so gritty that he is forced to retire like deader)...although it seemed like the guy who made the video was running out of highlights by the end

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline  
Old
09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
  #57
Habs33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 518
vCash: 500

If you were in fornt of me right now I'd hug you!!
what about other teams aside from the monarchs? is there a site that i can subscribe to?

Thx a bunch!

Habs33 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.