HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cammalleri

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
In my opinion, players like Cammalleri might have been dealt pre-lockout because it seemed like teams weren't interested in players who "could only put up points"--relatively speaking of course. I'm generalizing here, but players like Cammalleri will gain in importance and value in the "new NHL". Points are going to be more frequent IMO, and players that can rack up points are needed now more than ever.

Skating is great, but production is better. Look at Lucky Luc. The man made a career of putting up huge numbers in an era when you would have thought he wouldn't be able to keep pace with the speed and wide-open nature of the game. Instead, he flourished.

That's why I'm excited about the future of the Kings. Guys like Cammalleri, Kopitar and even Roussin are guys that produce. The Kings, as is their tradition, are setting themselves up for several years of high-octane offense--starting this year with a more veteran-laden squad (Robitaille, Roenick, Demitra et al).

I haven't mentioned Frolov, Brown and Tukonen simply because they'll bring more to the table than just points. But I wouldn't underestimate the importance of point-producers going forward.

Old
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Habs33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
In my opinion, players like Cammalleri might have been dealt pre-lockout because it seemed like teams weren't interested in players who "could only put up points"--relatively speaking of course. I'm generalizing here, but players like Cammalleri will gain in importance and value in the "new NHL". Points are going to be more frequent IMO, and players that can rack up points are needed now more than ever.

Skating is great, but production is better. Look at Lucky Luc. The man made a career of putting up huge numbers in an era when you would have thought he wouldn't be able to keep pace with the speed and wide-open nature of the game. Instead, he flourished.

That's why I'm excited about the future of the Kings. Guys like Cammalleri, Kopitar and even Roussin are guys that produce. The Kings, as is their tradition, are setting themselves up for several years of high-octane offense--starting this year with a more veteran-laden squad (Robitaille, Roenick, Demitra et al).

I haven't mentioned Frolov, Brown and Tukonen simply because they'll bring more to the table than just points. But I wouldn't underestimate the importance of point-producers going forward.
you must belive that camms is better than Tukonen and probably = to brown in today's league?

to me camms is a sure nhler...but is he a top six forward and a producer at that?

Old
08-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
you must belive that camms is better than Tukonen and probably = to brown in today's league?

to me camms is a sure nhler...but is he a top six forward and a producer at that?
At the very least a very good top 6 forward.

Old
09-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Habs33

somwone posted a video on Camms not to long ago...i forget what thread its out....bunch of highlights of him in the AHL...anyone know where i can find footage of other prospects too?

Old
09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
somwone posted a video on Camms not to long ago...i forget what thread its out....bunch of highlights of him in the AHL...anyone know where i can find footage of other prospects too?
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m...iSpotlight.wmv - Cammalleri
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m...nSpotlight.wmv - Brown
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m..._spotlight.wmv - Lehoux
http://prosportsmedia.com/monarchs/m...rSpotlight.wmv - Garon and Hauser

Old
09-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Dustin Brown's video was great...nice combination of skill and grit (meaning not so gritty that he is forced to retire like deader)...although it seemed like the guy who made the video was running out of highlights by the end

Old
09-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Habs33

If you were in fornt of me right now I'd hug you!!
what about other teams aside from the monarchs? is there a site that i can subscribe to?

Thx a bunch!

Closed Thread