HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL, CHL)

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Never been that high on Valentenko. If he wants to leave, let him. We have better defensive prospects.
If we do, they aren't in Hartford or nearly as close to being ready as he is (save for Erixon - have never seen him play, obviously).

Old
07-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well, if Valentenko didn't make the NHL this year, he likely never would anyways.

He is no spring chicken anymore. He'll be 23, this is basically his chance to pull a Michael Sauer or pursue his fortunes as a KHL defenseman.

07-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well, if Valentenko didn't make the NHL this year, he likely never would anyways.

He is no spring chicken anymore. He'll be 23, this is basically his chance to pull a Michael Sauer or pursue his fortunes as a KHL defenseman.
I hope that he makes it. If he can show he can be solid in the NHL, that raises his value substantially and we can use him in a package to get a good winger at the deadline

Old
07-18-2011, 02:28 PM
GAGLine

https://twitter.com/#!/thenyrangers

Quote:
Congrats Carl! RT @umichhockey: @CarlHagelin won "Clutch Performance of Year" by saving SR night with GTG, OT-GWG
http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/071411aaa.html

Old
07-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

The only thing keeping V-Tank out of the NHL in my opinion would be lack of opportunity. He's going to tear up the AHL this season.

Old
07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
The only thing keeping V-Tank out of the NHL in my opinion would be lack of opportunity. He's going to tear up the AHL this season.
Was it Leslie saying the Rangers thought he was close to NHL ready? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Old
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
He HAS to be in the NHL this season. If the Rangers attempt to send him down, you can bet your ass that he will be picked up on waivers before the season starts. The guy has legit NHL skills and battles. Those types of players, more often than not, succeed.

Old
07-19-2011, 06:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Valentenko is waiver exempt. Its 3 years pro or 160 NHL games. Valentenko has 2 years pro. He skipped out on his NHL contract. The ELC extended for the same number of years he left. If Valentenko had stayed in the NHL/AHL,he would have been waiver eligible starting last season. Would have been 07-08,08-09 and 09-10. As an example,Sanguinetti has 3 years pro and he is not waiver exempt anymore. Michael Del Zotto is exempt from waivers. 2 years pro. 127 NHL games. He plays 33 NHL more games this season and he is no longer waiver exempt. He is waiver eligible in 12-13 if he doesn't play 33 NHL games this season.

Sauer was waiver eligible last season. 3 pro seasons completed.

Old
07-19-2011, 06:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Chad Johnson and Stu Bickel didn't sign their qualifying offers. They don't have much leverage.

Old
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Chad Johnson and Stu Bickel didn't sign their qualifying offers. They don't have much leverage.
Excellent news... Johnson can barely survive in the ECHL over the course of a season. Bickel was meh... D is too loaded with better players.

Guess that means the Rangers need to be looking for a starting goalie for Hartford / 3rd goalie on the depth chart behind Henke and Biron

Old
07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I don't blame Chad Johnson for wanting to get out of the Rangers organization. He's spent way too much time being a jo-jo--sitting on the bench for Rangers games when there's no one else available. That's not the way a prospect learns the game.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

If Johnson ends up on his way out I wouldn't be surprised if they try and stick with Dov for another year, unless they spot something better out in free agency.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I don't blame Chad Johnson for wanting to get out of the Rangers organization. He's spent way too much time being a jo-jo--sitting on the bench for Rangers games when there's no one else available. That's not the way a prospect learns the game.
Absolutely. To his credit, he was playing really well for the Wolf Pack before he started taking a ride on the goalie merry-go-round.

Old
07-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Absolutely. To his credit, he was playing really well for the Wolf Pack before he started taking a ride on the goalie merry-go-round.
What happened to him this last season after Biron went down is one thing, but what happened his first year really didn't sit well with me.

Old
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Yeah, that really wasn't the way to develop a goalie. I know Vally stunk and couldn't even handle himself in the AHL, but damn.

Old
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Never been that high on Valentenko. If he wants to leave, let him. We have better defensive prospects.
im not surprised, were you to have actually watched him play at the end of last season especially, im guessing you would not feel that way.

he was pretty impressive as far as im concerned

after suffering through girlroy and the occasional eminger last year, vtank would be hard pressed to be any worse as a 3rd pair or 7th guy

Old
07-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
im not surprised, were you to have actually watched him play at the end of last season especially, im guessing you would not feel that way.

after suffering through girlroy and the occasional eminger last year, vtank would be hard pressed to be any worse as a 3rd pair or 7th guy
Yeah. I think that the open spot on the third pair next to Erixon is between VTank and MDZ. But the thing is that we resigned Eminger, which pretty much gives the 7th spot to him.

Old
07-21-2011, 09:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

I caught a handful of Pack games throughout the year, and I thought Kundratek was clearly the superior defenseman. I don't think Valentenko is going to be able to keep up at the NHL level. A lot of people have accused me of overstating his lack of mobility, but it's a big concern of mine. To me, he looks like his future is as a "meh" bottom pairing defenseman. Nothing to get excited over, AFAIC. I'd love to be wrong though.

It's just pain.
Old
07-21-2011, 10:14 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Valentenko should be given every opportunity this training camp to win a spot. He's big, he's strong, he's intimidating, and he's solid positionally. Hits like a freight train. Big shot. He has all the makings of a very good bottom pairing defenseman.

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
Valentenko-Erixon
Eminger

Old
07-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

It's okay if the Rangers don't want V-Tank, I'll welcome him in Hartford!!

I'd rank V-Tank above Kundratek for sure, but they both have NHL futures somewhere for me.

Old
07-22-2011, 08:38 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
I caught a handful of Pack games throughout the year, and I thought Kundratek was clearly the superior defenseman. I don't think Valentenko is going to be able to keep up at the NHL level. A lot of people have accused me of overstating his lack of mobility, but it's a big concern of mine. To me, he looks like his future is as a "meh" bottom pairing defenseman. Nothing to get excited over, AFAIC. I'd love to be wrong though.
i would say, based on what i saw last year and certainly in the playoffs, that vtank is the more ready player right now. his game right now today translates to a 3rd pair nhl dman.

sure his wheels arent his strong suit, but he brings things that this d corps lacks and he seemed comfortable enough last year with the speed of the game to warrant a solid looksee imo.

his toughness, his willingness to finish checks, and the occasional ''close to over the line'' nastiness is something we certainly lack near hanks crease. hes that guy that other teams will not want to play against. in fact, i would say that hes the closest thing to dylan mcilrath that we have right now. if people want to see the type of game mcilrath will play, look no further than vtank. im not saying the skills or upside are the same- they arent- big mac is clearly the more athletic player, but vtank will earn a spot on this team by pretending to be the player that we are all hoping mcilrath will be.

i will give you this, i do believe that ktek will be the better player overall. his skills [skating] are superior to vtank and thus his potential to be more than a 3rd pair guy is greater.

Old
07-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Valentenko's status this year is going to depend on how the Rangers view the development of Del Zotto and Erixon. I have a hard time seeing a scenario where all 3 players are on the NHL roster.

That being said, I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see Del Zotto's name popping up in trade rumors to start the season.

Old
07-22-2011, 09:26 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I hope you're right, ODC. I'd love nothing more than a nasty, physical guy for the bottom pair this year.

Old
07-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

MDZ has to play his way back to that starting 6.

Old
07-23-2011, 10:20 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
I hope you're right, ODC. I'd love nothing more than a nasty, physical guy for the bottom pair this year.
which is exactly where a guy like vtank belongs. playing 3rd pair minutes and some pk

im not the only one who watched him in last years camp/preseason look pretty damn comfortable. the detroit game stands out in my mind. if im not mistaken, he played almost 20 minutes and scored a goal. i remember saying to myself, this dude can play.

if i were michael del zotto, given the trade for erixon, i would be quite aware of the fact that if i dont have a strong camp, and if vtank and erixon do, i might be starting the season with the whale and perhaps on the block.

imo, mdz will have lots of eyes on him come sept. hes got the most pressure to perform with tim erixon being penciled in to one of the top 6 spots.

that leaves 1 spot open if you count eminger as the 7th guy.

worst case scenerio for mdz, erixon comes in and scores a few goals and looks good on the pp point with the first team and vtank smashes people all over the ice and looks comfortable doing so.

that right there would be lights out for mr del zotto.

Closed Thread