HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eastern Conference Predictions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2011, 08:06 AM
  #26
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
I think people should be careful being so optimistic with our PP this year. I think losing Muller will hurt us more than people realize.
What does Muller have to do with the PP? Pearn coaches special teams.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:28 AM
  #27
Reign40
Registered User
 
Reign40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: 19 years 'n counting
Country: Canada
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
1 Washington
2 Pittsburg
3 Boston
4 Philadelphia
5 Tampa Bay
6 Buffalo
7 Montréal
8 NYR


Last edited by Reign40: 07-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Reign40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:45 AM
  #28
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,238
vCash: 500
1 Washington
2 Pittsburgh
3 Boston
4 TB
5 Philly
6 Buffalo
7 Montréal
8 Toronto

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
  #29
billy piton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
1. Caps
2. Pens
3. Habs
4. Sabres
5. Rangers
6. Booins
7. Bolts
8. Devils
9. Flyers
10. Canes
11. Leafs
12. Jets
13. Panthers
14. Islanders
15. Senators

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
  #30
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,381
vCash: 500
Right now, I see the East as this:

Spots 1-5

Wsh: Another division title in the cards
Bos and Buf will battle for the NE title, the other one will end in 4-5 spot
Pit and Phi will battle for the Atl crown, the other one will be in 4-5 spot

Spots 6-12

This will be very tight battle for the 3 remaining playoffs spot between these seven teams (TB-NYR-Mtl-Car-Tor-Flo-NJ)

Spots 13-15

NYI, Ott and Win most likely will be the 3 worst team in their divisions

So my early July prediction:

1-Wsh
2-Bos
3-Pit
4-Buf
5-Phi
6-TB
7-NYR
8-Tor

9-Mtl
10-NJ
11-Car
12-Flo
13-NYI
14-Win
15-Ott

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 02:35 PM
  #31
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
1-Washington (1st round exit)
2-Penguins (healthy team)
3-Sabres (surprise of the east, exceed even current expectations)
4-Flyers (surprise surprise, still a solid team)
5-Habs (surprise surprise, we stayed healthy)
6-Bruins (key injuries held them back)
7-Tampa (key injuries held them back)
8-Rangers (Gaborik injury holds them back)
-------------
9-Leafs (Almost made the playoffs, lost final two games of the season while NYR won final two games)
10-Winnipeg (Stayed roughly the same)
11-Carolina (Roughly the same)
12-Florida (People will be surprised, roughly the same)
13-New Jersey (Surprisingly still bad)
14-Islanders (Still bad)
15-Senators (absolutely terrible, will actually be a lottery pick and likely 1st overall)

What would I actually want?:

1-Montreal
8-Toronto

Stomp them in the first round then beat Philly in the 2nd round and stomp Bruins in the 3rd to go on and win the cup.

We need to get our revenge on Boston!


Last edited by neofury*: 07-18-2011 at 03:20 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 02:38 PM
  #32
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,394
vCash: 500
1. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
3. Boston
4. Washington
5. Montreal
6. Buffalo
7. NYR
8. Toronto
9. Philadelphia
10. Devils
11. Carolina
12. Florida
13. Winnipeg
14. NYI
15. Ottawa

Here's the standings I posted on the thread in the main board.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:03 PM
  #33
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Right now, I see the East as this:

Spots 1-5

Wsh: Another division title in the cards
Bos and Buf will battle for the NE title, the other one will end in 4-5 spot
Pit and Phi will battle for the Atl crown, the other one will be in 4-5 spot

Spots 6-12

This will be very tight battle for the 3 remaining playoffs spot between these seven teams (TB-NYR-Mtl-Car-Tor-Flo-NJ)

Spots 13-15

NYI, Ott and Win most likely will be the 3 worst team in their divisions

So my early July prediction:

1-Wsh
2-Bos
3-Pit
4-Buf
5-Phi
6-TB
7-NYR
8-Tor

9-Mtl
10-NJ
11-Car
12-Flo
13-NYI
14-Win
15-Ott
Leafs in the playoffs, and the Habs, Jersey and the Canes miss??? Wow...Look for the Bruins to have a real Cup hangover this year, putting them 2nd is also a stretch...anyhow, when does the season start???

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:04 PM
  #34
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 1395
Here is what I put on the main board:

Quote:
1- TBL
2- PHI
3- MTL
4- WSH
5- BOS
6- PIT
7- NJD
8- NYR
9- BUF
10- CAR
11- TOR
12- FLO
13- NYI
14- WPG
15- OTT

Homer vote went to MTL winning division, BOS and MTL are interchangeable, I think it will be a very close race to the top of the division.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
  #35
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
1-Mtl
15-Bos

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:16 PM
  #36
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-
________________

9-

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

15-

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
  #37
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
The NHL all star team will be 13th?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
  #38
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
1-Montreal
Last- All of the other teams!

Anybody who disagrees with this is a Leafs fan!

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
  #39
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
1 Washington
2 Pittsburgh
3 Montreal
4 NY Rangers
5 Buffalo
6 Boston
7 Philadelphia
8 Tampa Bay

9 Toronto
10 Carolina
11 New Jersey
12 Winnipeg
13 Ottawa
14 Florida
15 NYI

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
  #40
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 1395
One thing is for sure, the east is open for MANY teams. The lists people make vary so much, it's unbelievable.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:00 PM
  #41
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Roloson/Garon, Reimer/Monster and 39 year old Brodeur over Pavelec/Mason? I think the young Jets will have a tough year, but I also think they'll be OK in goal.
Pavelec had an impressive start but ended the year weak. He was a very average .914 for the year. Overall, the Thrashers had the 5th worst goaltending in the league last season. All 4 look interchangeably sub-average for next season.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
  #42
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
I think a lot of people are underestimating our team, this is the best crew we're icing since '93.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
  #43
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
1) Montreal
2) Tampa Bay
3) Pittsburgh

4) Washington
5) Philadelphia
6) Boston
7) Carolina
8) Buffalo

We are going **** East this year!
hey, I haven't seen you posting for a while, welcome back!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:33 PM
  #44
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
1- Buf
2- Pit
3- Was
4- Mtl
5- TB
6- NY
7- Bos
8- Phi
9- Flo
10- Tor
11- Ott
12- Win
13- Car
14- NJ
15- LI

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
  #45
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
I think a lot of people are underestimating our team, this is the best crew we're icing since '93.
I think we'll end up anywhere 3-6, if we had no health problems and a lot of other teams did though obviously any team could roll the dice and go first this season. Top 6-7 teams in the east are all really good.

Rags are the only "playoff team" imo that will be horrid.

Leafs got decently better too by adding Liles and Connolly. Connolly isn't a god or anything but he's an improvement on what they had no less. I see them and NYR fighting for 8th.

My guess is 5th for the habs and I think that's realistic. We've got a better team than a lot of people think plus we might sign another depth player or two, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
1- Buf
2- Pit
3- Was
4- Mtl
5- TB
6- NY
7- Bos
8- Phi
9- Flo
10- Tor
11- Ott
12- Win
13- Car
14- NJ
15- LI
It's funny because I could definitely see the bolded teams landing in these positions too. Philly is a real wild card. Same for Buffalo. They have great coaching and a revamped team kind of like we did a few years ago.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
  #46
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
hey, I haven't seen you posting for a while, welcome back!
Thanks buddy, it's good to be back.. and now we play the waiting game for the season to start.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 07:28 PM
  #47
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I think we'll end up anywhere 3-6, if we had no health problems and a lot of other teams did though obviously any team could roll the dice and go first this season. Top 6-7 teams in the east are all really good.

Rags are the only "playoff team" imo that will be horrid.

Leafs got decently better too by adding Liles and Connolly. Connolly isn't a god or anything but he's an improvement on what they had no less. I see them and NYR fighting for 8th.

My guess is 5th for the habs and I think that's realistic. We've got a better team than a lot of people think plus we might sign another depth player or two, who knows.



It's funny because I could definitely see the bolded teams landing in these positions too. Philly is a real wild card. Same for Buffalo. They have great coaching and a revamped team kind of like we did a few years ago.
The Leafs are about to find out why it is so difficult for goaltenders with good rookie season to have success in their sophomore year. Last year, Reimer was new and no one knew him. There wasn't any real video footage of him vs. NHL players. This year, there is. Each team's coaching staff will study and analyze him. And it's not like their D really improved or Ron Wilson will have a new game plan. I really don't see the Leafs finishing about 10th in the East, imo.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
  #48
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
1- Washington
2- Habs (Unless freakish injuries occur)
3- Pit
4- Tampa
5- Bruins
6- Rangers
7- Philly
8- Devils
----
Don't really care, all I know is the more I look at the East the more I'm convinced that Leafs fans are going to be pissed again lol. Also I think we'll see a really strong consensus of top 8 just in different positions.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 08:57 PM
  #49
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Leafs in the playoffs, and the Habs, Jersey and the Canes miss??? Wow...Look for the Bruins to have a real Cup hangover this year, putting them 2nd is also a stretch...anyhow, when does the season start???
You can certainly hope.

Unlike many Cup winners who lose key guys because of Cap reasons after their Cup win, the Bruins lost only Recchi (retirement), Ryder and Kaberle.

They got Poupou to replace the potential goal scoring of Ryder and Corvo to replace Kaberle.

But in the end, what I think will prevent the Bruins to have a real hangover season like you are saying/praying/hoping is the fact that almost half the team (9 players) are in their contract year. That and Seguin who is ready to take the next step in his development and the prime scoring icetime that Recchi was having last season.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
  #50
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
You can certainly hope.

Unlike many Cup winners who lose key guys because of Cap reasons after their Cup win, the Bruins lost only Recchi (retirement), Ryder and Kaberle.

They got Poupou to replace the potential goal scoring of Ryder and Corvo to replace Kaberle.

But in the end, what I think will prevent the Bruins to have a real hangover season like you are saying/praying/hoping is the fact that almost half the team (9 players) are in their contract year. That and Seguin who is ready to take the next step in his development and the prime scoring icetime that Recchi was having last season.
I say what would cause the hangover year is they had strong injury luck, abnormally good offensive years from their depth and a career season from Thomas that he is not likely to repeat.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.